wazua Sun, Oct 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

39 Pages«<2122232425>»
Chase Bank loss...another case of cooking the books?
Ethiteri
#441 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2016 4:52:34 PM

kamundu wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
kamundu wrote:
http://www.mediamaxnetwork.co.ke/people-daily/212530/islamic-banking-could-be-behind-chase-banks-fall/

Discuss (10mks)

Sad

What does Dubai, Imperial , NBK and Chase have in common?d'oh!

Are you suggesting Islamic Window?Did Imperial have one?
Othelo
#442 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2016 4:54:31 PM

Ric dees wrote:
Years ago I lost cash at Nyaga Stockbrokers and I hoped to recover my money but never saw a cent. Lesson Numero Uno.

A few years later I was holding a portfolio at NSE and I pestered my broker day and night to buy me Uchumi shares which for some reason could not get.One morning out of the blue, shares were found which I instructed him to acquire and the next day Uchumi crashed, we all can guess what happened. Lesson Numero dos and certainly this was the last

Its fascinating reading all this stuff from arm-chair finance gurus, google students and the latte sipping crowd about what really happened at Chase Bank. Terms like "Qualified Opinion", "NPLs", "Receivership" etc have come to the fore. How many people used to watch Kiini Mach them days. Now this is the real deal...

How many know what really happened to PN at EQ? Why was he pushed out? (Clue 1)

Who wrote the anonymous letter to CBK about hands in the cookie jar and why (Clue 2)

Who is the chairmans husband? Partner at which Big 4? Who is his best friend? (Clue 3)

What happened to CO at KCB? (Clue 4)

Now the talk is all about Tier 1 banks - another big joke.

https://drive.google.com...k/view?pref=2&pli=1

Mimi nilkaangwa nikiwa kijana nikakanngika, nikaangwe tena nikiwa mtu mzima kwani niko na kichaa?

I was a Chase bank Client and loved the online portal, excellent customer service and more, I got the "exit" notification some time last month and duly moved my exposure to Stanchart where I strategise what next.

Kenya is a captive state, let those who understand this understand. As one Moi insider told me at Mt Kenya Safari club 2 years ago "Kenya iko na wenyewe" and I will add this

IF YOU ARE NOT AT THE TABLE, YOU ARE ON THE MENU

Kazi iendelee..pun intended.

Cant agree more, drawing lessons from experience smile
Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune - Jim Rohn.
Mike Ock
#443 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2016 5:57:30 PM

kollabo wrote:
Impunity wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:
[quote=Mike Ock]Blogger Owaahh, who thoroughly researched the Imperial Bank case, now has come with another good analysis, not only of the current banking situation, but of the history of bandia banks in Kenya. I'm sorry Chase Bank depositors, directors have been fleecing banks since the 80s and so far no restitution or jailtime: http://owaahh.com/kenyan-banks-fail/[/quote]

Read 11000 times in 24 hours. The traditional media is on its death bed. Btw apart from Jaindi Kisero, all the others are crap. Citizen TV is the worst in business journalism.

That one @Terryanne chebet is a shallow b**ty in matters biashara!

I have always thought so.

Very hard to find a pretty lady who is well versed in business matters. Call me sexist if you like, but before you do, please produce counter evidence first. I think TV stations would rather just hire fine girls, then hope they learn about biz on the job.
DBLyon
#444 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2016 6:09:06 PM

Ric dees wrote:
Years ago I lost cash at Nyaga Stockbrokers and I hoped to recover my money but never saw a cent. Lesson Numero Uno.

A few years later I was holding a portfolio at NSE and I pestered my broker day and night to buy me Uchumi shares which for some reason could not get.One morning out of the blue, shares were found which I instructed him to acquire and the next day Uchumi crashed, we all can guess what happened. Lesson Numero dos and certainly this was the last

Its fascinating reading all this stuff from arm-chair finance gurus, google students and the latte sipping crowd about what really happened at Chase Bank. Terms like "Qualified Opinion", "NPLs", "Receivership" etc have come to the fore. How many people used to watch Kiini Mach them days. Now this is the real deal...

Who wrote the anonymous letter to CBK about hands in the cookie jar and why (Clue 2)

Who is the chairmans husband? Partner at which Big 4? Who is his best friend? (Clue 3)

Mimi nilkaangwa nikiwa kijana nikakanngika, nikaangwe tena nikiwa mtu mzima kwani niko na kichaa?

I was a Chase bank Client and loved the online portal, excellent customer service and more, I got the "exit" notification some time last month and duly moved my exposure to Stanchart where I strategise what next.

Kenya is a captive state, let those who understand this understand. As one Moi insider told me at Mt Kenya Safari club 2 years ago "Kenya iko na wenyewe" and I will add this

I don't know the answers to any of your cryptic questions. Please enlighten me.

When you live for others' opinions, you are dead.

- Carlos Slim Helu
sitaki.kujulikana
#445 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2016 6:30:23 PM

semeni tu which bank(s) are risky, please hata kama you only mention the colors, vitendawili tuachie bupamba
Angelica _ann
#446 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2016 6:30:37 PM

Mike Ock wrote:
kollabo wrote:
Impunity wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:
[quote=Mike Ock]Blogger Owaahh, who thoroughly researched the Imperial Bank case, now has come with another good analysis, not only of the current banking situation, but of the history of bandia banks in Kenya. I'm sorry Chase Bank depositors, directors have been fleecing banks since the 80s and so far no restitution or jailtime: http://owaahh.com/kenyan-banks-fail/[/quote]

Read 11000 times in 24 hours. The traditional media is on its death bed. Btw apart from Jaindi Kisero, all the others are crap. Citizen TV is the worst in business journalism.

Very hard to find a pretty lady who is well versed in business matters. Call me sexist if you like, but before you do, please produce counter evidence first. I think TV stations would rather just hire fine girls, then hope they learn about biz on the job.

current CEO of Unclaimed Assets is one pretty & sharp moulded in one smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
murchr
#447 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2016 6:32:32 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Mike Ock wrote:
kollabo wrote:
Impunity wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:

This thread is a good example of shallowness in business matters
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
enyands
#448 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2016 6:40:33 PM

Ric dees wrote:

In short to you shafting continues eehh...... you aren't alone . Some of us are waiting for our turns just that we don't know where it will come from. Guys banking at Chase didn't see this coming . So for some who think that they are safe in whatever banking or stock they are doing then pole kwenu.
There is an impunity culture amongst us kenyans .and people take pride in that .they take pride in who gets the most from corruption , who will I shaft next after I'm done with this person . What I wonder is if they stand before their kids are they a reflection of what they would love their children would love to be (thieves) or honest people ? I used to believe it's a curse of our skin color but I think I have come to know it's goes deeper than just that
Ethiteri
#449 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2016 6:46:29 PM

murchr wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Mike Ock wrote:
kollabo wrote:
Impunity wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:

This thread is a good example of shallowness in business matters

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Very true
kamundu
#450 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2016 6:48:21 PM

Ethiteri wrote:
kamundu wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
kamundu wrote:
http://www.mediamaxnetwork.co.ke/people-daily/212530/islamic-banking-could-be-behind-chase-banks-fall/

Discuss (10mks)

Sad

What does Dubai, Imperial , NBK and Chase have in common?d'oh!

Are you suggesting Islamic Window?Did Imperial have one?

I think Imperial did
Peace in our Homeland.
Rahatupu
#451 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2016 10:10:24 PM

The usual shenanigans aka afrocinema in the making from our beloved senators! Opus' days ahead will be rocky.

The drama begins
mlennyma
#452 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2016 10:21:24 PM

Rahatupu wrote:

The usual shenanigans aka afrocinema in the making from our beloved senators! Opus' days ahead will be rocky.

The drama begins

this so called parliament or senate committees many times comprise of lay people who purport to be professionals in everything. lords of impunity want status quo...very sad indeed...i wish all those committees can be disbanded and their allowances used to pay private consultants and credible professional bodies
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
ndiwe84
#453 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 6:14:28 AM

Ric dees wrote:

what is PN at EQ! Who is CO at KCB please enlighten me.
Mainat
#454 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 6:34:38 AM

@ricdees-I think the diaspora angle has some truth to it (too straight for the kenyan market), but why did PN stick it out for so long and risk his reputation given he has plenty back where he came from?
i think you left out the f re kcb, sivyo?
Kusema ukweli, apart from maybe dtb, there are few banks you can bank on in 254
Sehemu ndio nyumba
murchr
#455 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 7:06:07 AM

Ric dees wrote:

How many know what really happened to PN at EQ? Why was he pushed out? (Clue 1) Greener pastures given succession is not possible at EQ

Who wrote the anonymous letter to CBK about hands in the cookie jar and why (Clue 2) PN, the goose had come out to roost, the rug was pulled off his feet

Who is the chairmans husband? Partner at which Big 4? Who is his best friend? (Clue 3) ??

What happened to CO at KCB? (Clue 4) and EQ? why jump around so much?

Am also following another mill but i'll have to verify something 1st
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
instinct
#456 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 7:10:01 AM

Mainat wrote:
@ricdees-I think the diaspora angle has some truth to it (too straight for the kenyan market), but why did PN stick it out for so long and risk his reputation given he has plenty back where he came from?

DTB? this is where we go wrong. we fall for color and glamour. its board is 100% Indian. what do they have to hide?
maka
#457 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 8:03:41 AM

instinct wrote:
Mainat wrote:

DTB? this is where we go wrong. we fall for color and glamour. its board is 100% Indian. what do they have to hide?

Nothing...why are you stereotyping???
possunt quia posse videntur
Impunity
#458 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 8:24:47 AM

instinct wrote:
Mainat wrote:

I will never touch that DTB bank with a pole vault!
A bank owned mojorly by one shareholder, the Hindi Aga Khan, I think.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Spikes
#459 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 8:33:53 AM

maka wrote:
instinct wrote:
Mainat wrote:

Nothing...why are you stereotyping???

This is not stereotyping nor fallacy. It is the truth in the public. Indians are experienced shafters from Goldenburg International to JKIA duty free shops and the buck stops at brother Paul Kamlesh Patni camouflaging sheep skin in the church. Caveat: Kama ameokoka ya ukweli sawa.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
FRM2011
#460 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 8:50:16 AM

Ric dees wrote:

That is deep bro, very deep. I got the feeling you have the full picture but you'd want us to join the dots ourselves. One more thing, you got your exit notice in time. Bro you have found your way to the table.