wazua Mon, Jul 1, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
New constitution - Kadhi courts?
Wa_ithaka
#21 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2010 7:06:13 AM

First or 2nd body, calling a terrorist a terrorist doesn't me make small minded, just a realist.
Why can't you broadminded erm sages, look at Nigeria and learn about where this sit is going...?
The Governor of Nyeri - 2017
B.Timer
#22 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2010 7:59:18 AM

Advocating that all religions be treated the same under the constitution isnt bigotry nor intolerance.

I am yet to hear anybody demanding that Kadhis court shouldnt operate at all.
All that people are asking for, is that they dont feature in the constitution when other Religions dont.

In any case isnt it contradictory to presume that in kenya, religion and state are seperate while in the same constitution we seem to so elaborately recognise one religion - only one!

Those saying that if the current draft is rejected due to the Kadhis court inclusion, then we revert to the old constitution which carries them any way - that is an attempt to taunt people and thats not the way matters are negotiated.

For heavens sake we could revert to the old constitution and seek to amend that bit in parliament - all we need is 145Mps to do it. Would that serve the taunterers!
Dunia ni msongamano..
amwitu
#23 Posted : Tuesday, April 06, 2010 1:07:44 PM

The last time I consulted the learned friends, they told me that the Kadhis courts are not superior to the High court of Kenya. What this means, they told me, is that Muslims can still go to the High court if they feel that their issues will not be addressed well with the Kadhi. Now for those who claim that the Muslims are also funding the entire judiciary through their taxes, think again, these guys have two systems of justice both funded by tax payers of all faiths, now that is the discrimination we r talking about. By the way, if a muslim chooses to go to a magistrate, his or her matter can still be addressed and its not a must that they go to the Kadhi. The fundamental reason we are changing the constitution is because of such anomalies. No body consulted the Christians and even native Africans at indipendence on this issue, this is the time we are being consulted and we want to correct it. Finally, Christians can say they are loosing by way of funding another faith which they dont subscribe to, now can our Muslim brothers tell us what they will loose if we have the Kadhis courts in an Act of parliament with the requirement that they fund it?
AM BETTER OFF BEING A REPENTANT SINNER THAN A RELIGIOUS HYPOCRITE.
Nancy the insurer
#24 Posted : Wednesday, April 07, 2010 9:45:28 AM

this topic is tiring, boring and devicive.

You can vote NO then we stick with the current Kadhis court. Good luck to you trying to change the constitution again.

You had some 20 years to complain.

At present as you live in Kenya, there is a Kadhis court. However, my husband can marry a ndogo ndogo and his whole clan can say that my family does not exist and I will have nowhere to go.

For women, this is a complete non issue. Let's vote YES and get these men in line.
It is wrong for mods to give out wazua member IP addresses. This is war!