wazua Tue, Sep 24, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
Used VW Toureg
samdoe
#21 Posted : Saturday, July 12, 2014 5:40:36 PM

Dr dre am not discouraging you but please check with your mechanic about European diesel engine vehicles. They seem to have a problem with injector pumps a few months after a few kilometres on our roads. I have seen a few audis and vw at the garage with this same problem. Our diesel is too dirty for these vehicles. A pal imported a BMW X5 diesel engine ex uk and never uses it outside Nairobi as it can bring issues along the way For The Same Problem.
samdoe
#22 Posted : Saturday, July 12, 2014 5:41:40 PM

Dr dre am not discouraging you but please check with your mechanic about European diesel engine vehicles. They seem to have a problem with injector pumps a few months after a few kilometres on our roads. I have seen a few audis and vw at the garage with this same problem. Our diesel is too dirty for these vehicles. A pal imported a BMW X5 diesel engine ex uk and never uses it outside Nairobi as it can bring issues along the way For The Same Problem.
Dr. Dre
#23 Posted : Saturday, July 12, 2014 5:49:49 PM

samdoe wrote:

Good advice. Does it mean ex-Japan vehicles(where most Kenyans source from)run smoothly with our fuel?
Don't Work Harder...Work Smarter!
Chaka
#24 Posted : Sunday, July 13, 2014 10:12:16 AM

@samdoe,
So the European diesel engines don't have a fuel filter?If they do then someone should come up with special filters..?If you check youtube,there are many videos on how to clean injectors as in DIY..
bird_man
#25 Posted : Sunday, July 13, 2014 1:13:29 PM

samdoe wrote:

Could be true.A friend imported a Passat TDI ex-uk.....the fuel injectors died on him after 2months.Told me it cost him about 280k to replace.
So whats the real issue and reason for this?
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
quicksand
#26 Posted : Sunday, July 13, 2014 4:19:30 PM

Dr. Dre wrote:
samdoe wrote:

Good advice. Does it mean ex-Japan vehicles(where most Kenyans source from)run smoothly with our fuel?

That they do. In fact many reviews (South African especially) sing praises to the Toyota Prado for its ability to run on what the call Africa's "sludge diesel" and withstand dust.
The truth is, fuel that comes here is not purified to extremely high levels like happens in Europe, leaving Sulphur and other undesirable chemicals in. That is cause Europe has strict emissions controls and the Japanese are just fuel perfectionists. Again due to these emissions controls, European diesels are built with a lot of sensors so that the electronic engine management systems can work. Over here, impure fuel and dust affects those sensors and engines start acting up. Japanese are not too crazy about all this sensor business so they build hardier models.
That being said, regular and top notch service should help. Not all diesels conk out, my boss has a Touareg going for 6 years now and he says he had no problems. Many who experience problems either i) are reckless or leave the car to rot ii) get a unit that had lived a hard life in Europe and hadn't got parts serviced and replaced properly:
I see many Touaregs around these days. Even ones that have been on Kenyan roads 4 or 5 years. That probably says that the model, with care, can withstand our fuel challenges more often than not. In any case, the heart wants what the heart wants. You will not be happy with a Japanese diesel smile
This fuel thing is a risk you will just have to take.
Still. Dont take a Touareg to Rhino Charge, hire a Prado instead. Good luck.
Disclosure: I am not a mechanic, just a car enthusiast who asks other owners their experience and reads a lot.
vky
#27 Posted : Sunday, July 13, 2014 5:07:45 PM

just to add on to quicksand's observations, from my experience TRD,TDI,TDCi engines tend to do relatively well with the locally available diesel fuel on the other hand CRD,CRDi engines suffer a lot locally but it all depends on how well the car was well looked after in the source market
'One headache for famous medieval holy people was that someone might murder you to acquire your body parts for the relics trade'
kayhara
#28 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2016 5:16:47 PM

I love the toureg's mad pulling power and I want to put it to good use, I am in construction and most times when I purchase tiles or such, I end up having to pay a pickup guy to pick them up, if I can get a trailer like the one below it would come in handy, also for carrying stuff from ocha, anyone in kenya making them?
To Each His Own
Njung'e
#29 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2016 3:21:00 PM

kayhara wrote:
I love the toureg's mad pulling power and I want to put it to good use, I am in construction and most times when I purchase tiles or such, I end up having to pay a pickup guy to pick them up, if I can get a trailer like the one below it would come in handy, also for carrying stuff from ocha, anyone in kenya making them?

Enda hapo Alpha Centre ,Mombasa road. There is a firm known as Nordic trailers.Utapenda.
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
obiero
#30 Posted : Sunday, February 21, 2016 8:52:47 AM

Njung'e wrote:
kayhara wrote:

Enda hapo Alpha Centre ,Mombasa road. There is a firm known as Nordic trailers.Utapenda.

Hii polisi atakuwacha upite bila kumsalimia??

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 23,800 ABP 6.45
kayhara
#31 Posted : Sunday, February 21, 2016 11:04:52 AM

obiero wrote:
Njung'e wrote:
kayhara wrote:

Hii polisi atakuwacha upite bila kumsalimia??

Isee mzungu towing boats etc so I think polisi won't be an issue,but Weh hizi vitu very expensive one with a too cover ni 1.2 million, I'll try mtumba from Japan,or from Laikipia.
To Each His Own
JkMwatha
#32 Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2016 7:50:08 PM

kayhara wrote:

.......... 1.2 million, I'll try mtumba from Japan,or from Laikipia.

I've sent a good few from UK . New and Used. Not nearly as expensive.
Prices before shipping range from 20k - 150k (New and used in good condition)

Shipping cost depend on method of sending. If duty needs to be paid, it's 10% and VAT 16%
If sent consolidated freight, no separate duty or VAT.