wazua Fri, May 3, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

The top ten (10) known brands in Kenya -Country wide?
hindsight
#1 Posted : Friday, February 19, 2016 6:33:45 PM

Brief;
If you can start with the best known to least known brands on ascending order. You can list at least 5 or more.

Live your life well, don't settle nor conform to people expectations. It's one of the best way to live life full of bliss and contentment.
hindsight
#2 Posted : Friday, February 19, 2016 8:25:39 PM

hindsight wrote:
Brief;
If you can start with the best known to least known brands on ascending order. You can list at least 5 or more.

my thoughts…

Current top brands-Across Kenya

1. Safaricom - Mpesa, & the company
2. Unilever brands-Omo,Blueband,Vaseline combined effort
3. Kensalt industries makers of leading salt brand
4. Cocacola company-coke,fanta etc
5. Kenya Breweries Ltd –KBL-Tusker
6. Royal media group-combined effort-Citizen+radio stations kibao
7. Nation media group-their media outlets combined
8. Kenya power-with the rural electrification
9. KIE-Kenya institute of education books-every child/adult has gone through their series
10. Toyota Kenya-the car ahead of you is a Toyota
11. Bic pens brand-Haco Tiger .
12. KCB Bank
13. Chandaria industries & its affiliates products-tissues,mabati rollings,books etc
14. Bata shoes Kenya
15. Total petrol stations

Fastest growing brands Across Kenya

1. Sportspesa
2. Radio Africa related brandnames-classic FM,bamba t.v,online editorials etc
3. Whatapp
4. Samsung
5. Facebook
6. Uber
7. Keroche Brands
8. KCB-Mshwali
9. Airtel
10. Kenya premier league

Note; the list is in no way sourced from anywhere. A consumer thoughts only. What’s your thoughts ? or Your list...Cheers!
Live your life well, don't settle nor conform to people expectations. It's one of the best way to live life full of bliss and contentment.
Dawnwoods
#3 Posted : Friday, February 19, 2016 8:32:18 PM

Caroline Mutoko
Sonko
Baba Yao
Maina Kageni
Jeff Koinange
Kidero
Tinga
WSR
DJ CK
Jaguar

Hata hizi ni Brand names
hindsight
#4 Posted : Friday, February 19, 2016 8:37:13 PM

Dawnwoods wrote:
Caroline Mutoko
Sonko
Baba Yao
Maina Kageni
Jeff Koinange
Kidero
Tinga
WSR
DJ CK
Jaguar

Hata hizi ni Brand names

@Danwoods. I appreciate your input. I agree they are personal brand names. I was thinking of real company/group/institution which offers products/services to Kenyans across the country.

Quick Google definition of a brand name;

"a name given by the maker to a product or range of products, especially a trademark."
Dawnwoods
#5 Posted : Friday, February 19, 2016 9:44:43 PM

hahaha you are too funny @ hindsight.. Brand names are not necessarily confectionery products...(in my Opinion).. an individual can Brand themselves.. and whatever razzmatazz they expound is what they sell.. you understand that don't you? Otherwise why do you think both Thika Greens and Migaa invited Maina kageni for? Nevertheless if your opinion is that am obtuse ni sawa.
hindsight
#6 Posted : Friday, February 19, 2016 10:12:11 PM

Dawnwoods wrote:
hahaha you are too funny @ hindsight.. Brand names are not necessarily confectionery products...(in my Opinion).. an individual can Brand themselves.. and whatever razzmatazz they expound is what they sell.. you understand that don't you? Otherwise why do you think both Thika Greens and Migaa invited Maina kageni for? Nevertheless if your opinion is that am obtuse ni sawa.

@Danwoods thanks for your follow up.

Let me say,i haven't disagreed with you that " Brand names are not necessarily confectionery products" infact I did admit there is brand name in people/personal brands as they are called.

On "The top ten known brands in Kenya" topic I did want to refer to those known brands that offers products/services to Kenya across the board. That doesn't negate the fact the likes of Maina Kageni and like can't do that.

My objective was on corporate/public institutions which have clear spiral effect and recognition from Lodwar to Mandera, Kakamega to Garissa, Namanga to Mombasa/Lamu etc.

Hope am clearer now. So @Danwoods what's your list from my school of thoughts above.
Dawnwoods
#7 Posted : Friday, February 19, 2016 10:54:29 PM

@hindsight... in that case.. your list is spot on!!
Julie
#8 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2016 12:58:07 PM

Sportpesa
Guka
Peogeuot
hindsight
#9 Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2016 1:45:02 AM

Julie wrote:
Sportpesa
Guka
Peogeuot

@Julie I acknowledge and empathize on Guka but Peugeot think is a fading if not a nostalgic brand name especially those born after 1990 have no clue of it's yester years glory.

I bet there are less than 1% Peugeot cars that are on our roads today.

Well the jury is out?