wazua Sat, Apr 20, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

35 Pages«<1516171819>»
Co-operative Bank fate.. discuss
enyands
#321 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2016 8:07:39 PM

hisah wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:
The Mention of Bank stocks being positive may cause a stampede!!!!Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Applause
Why bank stocks are best picks in 2016

My fellow wazuan after seeing you get killed by britam I'll try to hammer some info into your psychology about the market. When a deal is offered as gold in the market, take to the hills. Nobody ever got rich from buying what's common!

Let's go back to the beginning of 2015 Four must-have stocks in 2015 as economy looks up

Quote:
Exactly which stocks should you buy in 2015? To profit from this expected bull market, there are four stocks any investor should own in 2015—namely Equity Bank, KCB, Safaricom and East African Breweries Limited (EABL).

Only mpesa bank performed in that list. A 75% failure rate!

My opinion is take time to invest. Don't rush the market. To survive in the market long enough learn to be patient and play your own game. But please avoid taking tips from mainstream media. This road will lead you off the cliff with no apologies!

Reminds me of good life sacco occupied a whole page in BD explaining how they have changed lives of sacco movement. So by this many people jumped in . Several months later we saw funny clips on YouTube about fraud.
In the first case how was he able to publish his "success story" in BD and yet they weren't registered with SASRA or whatever.didnt the editor do a due diligence of checking their background before publishing ?(makes me think some chapaa changed hands somewhere)i don't take main stream media seriously.thats just me
sparkly
#322 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2016 8:17:13 PM

Realtreaty wrote:
maka wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:
The Mention of Bank stocks being positive may cause a stampede!!!!Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Applause

There will be no stampede stocks will under perform this year...if you are buying look at selling after elections going forward....

Sad Sad Selling bells will ring by 2017 after the FY2016 returns. Some will try to sell on speculation ofprice rise towards 2016 close.smile

From my experience, you make money by buying good companies when the market is down and staying invested for long enough to catch a bull run. Staying invested is key since the bull might take years to come. However when the bull comes, the biggest gains are made in a short period of time, at most three months.

Look at Safaricom. It was sub 4/- for 6 years but jumped from 5/- to 17/- in a matter of weeks.
Life is short. Live passionately.
enyands
#323 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2016 8:57:10 PM

sparkly wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:
maka wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:

There will be no stampede stocks will under perform this year...if you are buying look at selling after elections going forward....

Sad Sad Selling bells will ring by 2017 after the FY2016 returns. Some will try to sell on speculation ofprice rise towards 2016 close.smile

From my experience, you make money by buying good companies when the market is down and staying invested for long enough to catch a bull run. Staying invested is key since the bull might take years to come. However when the bull comes, the biggest gains are made in a short period of time, at most three months.

Look at Safaricom. It was sub 4/- for 6 years but jumped from 5/- to 17/- in a matter of weeks.

Namasté
jawgey
#324 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2016 3:58:18 PM

sparkly wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:
maka wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:

Very true, and that should be the secret to investing /trading.
Seeing is believing
Realtreaty
#325 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2016 12:20:36 PM

I remember from my old unsolicited dvice, i had suggested Co-op bank to trade more in Chinese Yuan as it was one of the bank using Money gram and had chances of assisting business people both Chinese and Kenyans on money matters.
Today my suggestion is bearing fruits with Chinese REMNIB being a true story for impoerters and exporters. That was way back when I was young in 2005.
How much can we expect Co-op to be making in the helter-shelter it is under today with so much money and changes.
Why haven't we seen the stock rise to beyond 25 kes?
Aguytrying
#326 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2016 3:51:35 PM

Realtreaty wrote:
I remember from my old unsolicited dvice, i had suggested Co-op bank to trade more in Chinese Yuan as it was one of the bank using Money gram and had chances of assisting business people both Chinese and Kenyans on money matters.
Today my suggestion is bearing fruits with Chinese REMNIB being a true story for impoerters and exporters. That was way back when I was young in 2005.
How much can we expect Co-op to be making in the helter-shelter it is under today with so much money and changes.
Why haven't we seen the stock rise to beyond 25 kes?

Because this is a bear market. Everything goes down.
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
Realtreaty
#327 Posted : Monday, February 01, 2016 2:07:05 PM

Its February!!!!!Applause Applause Applause
The month to sweat it out on stocks both positively and negatively.
But what are the positive stocks and who can guess or speculate their performance. Will the negative profit warnings deterr the positive ones from generous returns for investors. BANKS ARE READY TO SAY GOOD WORDS for 2015FY-KCB, COOP, Diamond Trust, Barclays, Equity will most likely gift us 1Kes and above dividend or 50% dividend nd 50% bonus.
enyands
#328 Posted : Monday, February 01, 2016 5:41:11 PM

Realtreaty wrote:
But what are the positive stocks and who can guess or speculate their performance. Will the negative profit warnings deterr the positive ones from generous returns for investors. BANKS ARE READY TO SAY GOOD WORDS for 2015FY-KCB, COOP, Diamond Trust, Barclays, Equity will most likely gift us 1Kes and above dividend or 50% dividend nd 50% bonus.

I have a hard time believing coop will.with different classes of shares A and B , agent thing will also backfire at some point and also the gm/ ceo guy being in office for over 10yrs not forgetting the mighty bear visit last year which was wild- i don't see much change except the usual 60 or so cts
watesh
#329 Posted : Monday, February 01, 2016 7:08:18 PM

Realtreaty wrote:

Bonus ya wapi? I think they will stay stagnant after the massive IT and acquisition spend
Realtreaty
#330 Posted : Tuesday, February 02, 2016 4:08:17 PM

Laughing out loudly Applause
MARKET WATCH
COOP BANK....................BUY......................Kshs 16.55
The Company announced a relatively good performance for the
third quarter 2015 with PAT increasing by 34% driven by an
increase in loans and advances which surged by 25%. The bank’s
balance sheet realized a 23% jump to Kshs 332 bn from Kshs 270
bn in September 2014, thus showing the continued strengthening of
the lender’s asset base. The bank expects to open 8 additional
branches in 2016 adding to the over 50 new branches over the past
3 years. Coop Bank won the esteemed award of Bank of the Year
2015 for Financial Inclusion in The Bankers Awards run by the
Financial Times of London, as a result of their creativity guided by
the banks unique model of strengthening the capacity of cooperatives
through Co-op Consultancy Services.
enyands
#331 Posted : Tuesday, February 02, 2016 4:48:08 PM

Realtreaty wrote:
MARKET WATCH

Hope the shares will rally at least for once in 8 yrs. Good news though
Aguytrying
#332 Posted : Tuesday, February 02, 2016 4:58:35 PM

Realtreaty wrote:
MARKET WATCH

I think you are still learning about how stock markets work, Most of what you say on this forum is in your own mind not reality. If you don't learn the pessimistic side of stocks and holding stocks long term ( over 3 years). You will learn some very hard lessons by the time the market is done with you.
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
Realtreaty
#333 Posted : Tuesday, February 02, 2016 6:33:20 PM

Pray
Aguytrying wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:
MARKET WATCH

I think you are still learning about how stock markets work, Most of what you say on this forum is in your own mind not reality. If you don't learn the pessimistic side of stocks and holding stocks long term ( over 3 years). You will learn some very hard lessons by the time the market is done with you.

Sorry buddy, market will still be there as far as we are living. Its not everything that goes up all the time for short or long periods. Its all seasons . The earth is still moving, with you, with us as well. Its not about me.
Realtreaty
#334 Posted : Saturday, February 06, 2016 12:47:52 AM

smile RESTITUTIONsmile
obiero
#335 Posted : Saturday, February 06, 2016 6:01:05 AM

jawgey wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:
maka wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:

KQ shall jump from 4/ to 24/.. Watch

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Realtreaty
#336 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2016 2:12:30 AM

obiero wrote:
jawgey wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:
maka wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly KQ to jump? I think we should use FLY than jump, but it may get swept by bd weather that is BEAR(ing. The oil might be cheper now but taxes high in countries it is landing. KQ should introduce their own limousines to drop nd pick customers at their locations as negotiated. That will be encouraging business on customer loyalty and safetySad Why should I hire a taxi for 1500 from city centre while KQ can charge me 1200 on top of the ticket to pick and drop me from my home or office?
VituVingiSana
#337 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2016 10:19:14 AM

obiero wrote:
jawgey wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:
maka wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:

I agree. From KES 4 to UGX 24
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Aguytrying
#338 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2016 11:11:49 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
jawgey wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:
maka wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:

I agree. From KES 4 to UGX 24

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly reality check
Realtreaty
#339 Posted : Sunday, February 14, 2016 8:40:16 PM

Of the banks CO-OP have been doing quite good for the pst 3/4 sessions and may still be the best performer for the lst qtr giving a productive FY2015. It could achieve an average of 18% growth making the stock try 30Kshs level. With TICAD on its way in August, one of the beneficiary bank is CO-OP in all spheres. The forum has began nd August is just the meet.smile
sparkly
#340 Posted : Sunday, February 14, 2016 9:00:33 PM

Realtreaty wrote:
Of the banks CO-OP have been doing quite good for the pst 3/4 sessions and may still be the best performer for the lst qtr giving a productive FY2015. It could achieve an average of 18% growth making the stock try 30Kshs level. With TICAD on its way in August, one of the beneficiary bank is CO-OP in all spheres. The forum has began nd August is just the meet.smile

Equity Bank superior on fundamentals. revenue growth 29%, Dividend yield 4.5%, PE 8.1, Return on Assets and Return on Equity superior :only KCB comes close.
Life is short. Live passionately.