wazua Thu, Mar 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages123>
Manilla farm investment
Anbu
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 09, 2016 7:31:20 PM

Hi Wazuans,

Is there anyone who can confirm the legitimacy of this opportunity. With 6% rate of return per month and 280k min investment that means by the end of one year ntakua nimerudisha 201k. I'm I missing something here??
The struggle continues
guru me
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 09, 2016 7:37:35 PM

Havent heard about it but it has ponzi scheme written all over it.

2 Q's I would ask myself.

1. What business on earth would they be doing to generate such returns that established businesses are not aware of?

2. With such returns, why do they need your money?
Anbu
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 09, 2016 8:35:36 PM

guru me wrote:
Havent heard about it but it has ponzi scheme written all over it.

2 Q's I would ask myself.

1. What business on earth would they be doing to generate such returns that established businesses are not aware of?

2. With such returns, why do they need your money?

It's a dairy farm with exotic pedigree holstein friesian cows which apparently produce 40L of milk per day. The 280k is for one cow.
The struggle continues
mkenyan
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 09, 2016 9:38:55 PM

Anbu wrote:
Hi Wazuans,

Is there anyone who can confirm the legitimacy of this opportunity. With 6% rate of return per month and 280k min investment that means by the end of one year ntakua nimerudisha 201k. I'm I missing something here??

most likely missing your brains.
Swenani
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 09, 2016 10:00:54 PM

mkenyan wrote:
Anbu wrote:
Hi Wazuans,

d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Anbu
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 09, 2016 10:01:18 PM

mkenyan wrote:
Anbu wrote:
Hi Wazuans,

Not sure if I should get offended or not but kama hauna jibu sio lazima uchangie ndugu.
The struggle continues
enyands
#7 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2016 12:01:41 AM

Anbu wrote:
mkenyan wrote:
Anbu wrote:
Hi Wazuans,

Not sure if I should get offended or not but kama hauna jibu sio lazima uchangie ndugu.

Laughing out loudly
sparkly
#8 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2016 6:22:20 AM

Anbu wrote:
mkenyan wrote:
Anbu wrote:
Hi Wazuans,

It says here that farm is bring set up so estimates.

www.manillafarm.com/investment.html
Life is short. Live passionately.
mkenyan
#9 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2016 7:42:00 AM

Anbu wrote:
mkenyan wrote:
Anbu wrote:
Hi Wazuans,

asked if you are missing something. if you expect to make a clean 6% per month by running one 280k cow then in my humble opinion that is what you are missing.
mkenyan
#10 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2016 7:51:31 AM

sparkly wrote:
Anbu wrote:
mkenyan wrote:
Anbu wrote:
Hi Wazuans,

have just perused through the homepage of that website.

two things stand out.

one - they claim that you get the returns with your investment remaining intact ('can invest as little as one cow (Kshs 280,000) and earn monthly returns of 6% for a period of two years with your initial investment remaning (sic) intact') - now how do they ensure that happens given that the investment is a cow that may get sick and or die? will they insure them? or they somehow would give a guarantee of life?

two - is this not an invtitation to the general public to invest? do they have the necessary consent and or approval of cma to do that?

sparkly
#11 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2016 8:04:53 AM

mkenyan wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Anbu wrote:
mkenyan wrote:
Anbu wrote:
Hi Wazuans,

have just perused through the homepage of that website.

two things stand out.

one - they claim that you get the returns with your investment remaining intact ('can invest as little as one cow (Kshs 280,000) and earn monthly returns of 6% for a period of two years with your initial investment remaning (sic) intact') - now how do they ensure that happens given that the investment is a cow that may get sick and or die? will they insure them? or they somehow would give a guarantee of life?

two - is this not an invtitation to the general public to invest? do they have the necessary consent and or approval of cma to do that?

Investment for 2 years, intact at the end of 2 years. What if the cow gives birth, whose calf is it?
Anbu
#12 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2016 9:33:18 AM

@sparkly hio calf hawajasema itakua ya nani in case it happens. Also, their investment brochure says they take out an annual cover for the cow at a cost of 11k inclusive in the 280k and estimate the cost of 1L to be around 30 bob.

Doing a bit of math and assuming that the cow is milked daily:

case 1: 100% production (per year)
40*7*4*12*30= 403,200

case 2: 80% production
32*7*4*12= 322,650

case 3: 60% production
24*7*4*12= 241,920

With the yearly payout of about 201k, this seems to make sense ama?d'oh!
The struggle continues
Lolest!
#13 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2016 9:40:38 AM

Swenani wrote:
mkenyan wrote:
Anbu wrote:
Hi Wazuans,

d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!

Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Othelo
#14 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2016 9:46:01 AM

Kwani that cow is milked without input/costs associated to maintaining it?
Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune - Jim Rohn.
hardwood
#15 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2016 11:16:19 AM

Dawnwoods
#16 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2016 4:31:13 PM

@Andu.. You are totally missing the Point.. The return is much higher that 6%. That is the only point you are missing. Here is how I will help you. Instead of reading in Wazua.. How about you go see for yourself!! People are making a Killing on returns on Holstein Pedigrees. You have given your Location as Nakuru.. right? Near you, you have Numerous Farms making much higher returns, let me give you a few Farms, Chemusian, Kenana, Pokea, Gogar, Sans Nombre, Manera, Denside, Egerton, Gichuru, Karbarnet, Meruai etc etc.....
enyands
#17 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2016 5:23:07 PM

Anbu wrote:
@sparkly hio calf hawajasema itakua ya nani in case it happens. Also, their investment brochure says they take out an annual cover for the cow at a cost of 11k inclusive in the 280k and estimate the cost of 1L to be around 30 bob.

40*7*4*12*30= 403,200

32*7*4*12= 322,650

24*7*4*12= 241,920

I dont know much about farming and stuff but will say something like a layman. Do yourself a favor , get a ticket and go to the site .put all this math kando.in reality it might be the same math shafting you. This is the same math given at a pyramid scheme called DECI and good life sacco.

When there ask for copy of title of land deed of the land and do a quick search.see who it's under .if it's an individual or a registered company .then do your analysis.

Also be prudent in asking their books. I don't know if it's a start up ama has been there for a while .see if with the few cows they have if they make money.be careful of dj kind of manipulation of books

Talk to workers -watu wa mikono.their attitude will tell you much about the management . Ask them if you give them the same 205k if they will buy a cow and drop it there and wait for returns .

The above is just what I would have done. Best of luck .
sparkly
#18 Posted : Thursday, February 11, 2016 7:56:13 AM

Anbu wrote:

40*7*4*12*30= 403,200

32*7*4*12= 322,650

24*7*4*12= 241,920

@Anbu this is a very simplistic calculation on the return:
1. Costs not factored in - cow feeds (commercial & grass), land occupancy, vet drugs, water, husbandry labour.
2. Returns not factored in - A cow is a biological asset. It will grow older, it will calf, the calf may be a male or female. Calves gain more value as they grow.
3. Milk yield - A cow isn't milked when gestating. A young calf drinks some of the mothers milk.
4. A young bull will just be eating, fighting other bulls and disrupting females before it is sold for meat or its seed harvested and sold to other farmers.

I am no expert in farming but I think you have to factor all the above when determining return from cows.
You get optimal returns by managing a herd where some cows are calving, being milked, calves growing, part of herd sold, mature cows bred.
alma1
#19 Posted : Thursday, February 11, 2016 8:23:43 AM

Before you start talking about profitability please wait for a second.

I'm still waiting for these fellows to deliver some cows that were ordered by a friend some months back.

Until then I'll consider them, not reliable.
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

enyands
#20 Posted : Thursday, February 11, 2016 8:35:32 AM

Just go there and see if it's a white elephant or black one. Don't handle imaginary calculations. Maybe that land is non existent .been shafted before with such projects.