wazua Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123
CARBACID-Any hope?
Metch
#41 Posted : Wednesday, February 03, 2016 2:30:00 PM

Realtreaty wrote:
Sometimes old trends are just mirages. If I was told to sketch a graph of how Carbacid will move in the year 2016 I would try to show my teacher that it has a chance, big chance to move from 15 currently to 44 kshs by October 2016 nesting for sometime between 27 and 35Ksh. But would we always depend on history to say that Raila will still lose next elections?
The Market especially in Africa will improve as more Europeans come in assuming that Terrorism is global and could as well hit them like happened in Paris. I will invest where I can pay less for labour cost with open market policy and investor friendly tax refunds. Europe will come back as we see Barclays is trying to make Africans happy through their "Go to" friendly policies where repsect and low interest on loan matters.We can see its also moving up and by Feb 2016 it may be at 21 ksh

about 4 weeks to H1 results announcement. any prediction?
Start!
Aguytrying
#42 Posted : Wednesday, February 03, 2016 6:55:19 PM

Metch wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:
Sometimes old trends are just mirages. If I was told to sketch a graph of how Carbacid will move in the year 2016 I would try to show my teacher that it has a chance, big chance to move from 15 currently to 44 kshs by October 2016 nesting for sometime between 27 and 35Ksh. But would we always depend on history to say that Raila will still lose next elections?
The Market especially in Africa will improve as more Europeans come in assuming that Terrorism is global and could as well hit them like happened in Paris. I will invest where I can pay less for labour cost with open market policy and investor friendly tax refunds. Europe will come back as we see Barclays is trying to make Africans happy through their "Go to" friendly policies where repsect and low interest on loan matters.We can see its also moving up and by Feb 2016 it may be at 21 ksh

Realtreaty. Answer your fans. Do you still see 44 bob this year?
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
mlennyma
#43 Posted : Wednesday, February 03, 2016 9:03:15 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
Metch wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:

Realtreaty. Answer your fans. Do you still see 44 bob this year?

i have been seeing a big order trying to exit at 15bob since Monday
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
VituVingiSana
#44 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2021 2:44:00 PM

Ord Dividend 70c
Special Div 90c
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Kenyan Oracle
#45 Posted : Wednesday, November 03, 2021 7:48:47 AM

https://www.businessdail...-to-49-9-percent-3605692
You lose money chasing women, but you never lose women chasing money - NAS
VituVingiSana
#46 Posted : Wednesday, November 03, 2021 10:23:36 AM

Kenyan Oracle wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/bd/corporate/companies/billionaire-raises-his-stake-in-carbid-to-49-9-percent-3605692

Skin in the game. If he is buying then you know things are looking good.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#47 Posted : Wednesday, November 03, 2021 10:24:11 AM

Kenyan Oracle wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/bd/corporate/companies/billionaire-raises-his-stake-in-carbid-to-49-9-percent-3605692

Balobhai Patel should be given title of an elder or Chief in wazua and be awarded hall of fame.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Kenyan Oracle
#48 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2021 9:34:54 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Kenyan Oracle wrote:

Likelihood of a take over are very high. If he misses taking over BOC, he might decide to take full ownership of Carbacid.
VituVingiSana
#49 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2021 9:45:11 AM

Kenyan Oracle wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Kenyan Oracle wrote:

Likelihood of a take over are very high. If he misses taking over BOC, he might decide to take full ownership of Carbacid.
I would not want to sell at this price. It has a lot of cash which it had kept to be used to buy BOC. The primary business/asset is a cash cow. It has shares whose prices are low but could see gains in the future.

I would rather see an external (not BC) buyer who will pay a fair/full price.
cyruskulei
#50 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2021 10:46:22 AM

Ericsson wrote:
Kenyan Oracle wrote:

Balobhai Patel should be given title of an elder or Chief in wazua and be awarded hall of fame.

Which other firms has Balobhai Patel invested in. He appears to he does his homework well
Work hard at your job and you can make a living. Work hard on yourself and you can make a fortune.

Ericsson
#51 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2021 11:16:38 AM

cyruskulei wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Kenyan Oracle wrote:

Which other firms has Balobhai Patel invested in. He appears to he does his homework well

Lafarge Bamburi cement
Co-operative Bank
KCB
ABSA
Sanlam
EABL
Safaricom
cyruskulei
#52 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2021 12:10:40 PM

Ericsson wrote:
cyruskulei wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Kenyan Oracle wrote:

Lafarge Bamburi cement
Co-operative Bank
KCB
ABSA
Sanlam
EABL
Safaricom

Thanks alot
Work hard at your job and you can make a living. Work hard on yourself and you can make a fortune.

Ericsson
#53 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2021 12:52:18 PM

Ericsson wrote:
cyruskulei wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Kenyan Oracle wrote:

Lafarge Bamburi cement
Co-operative Bank
KCB
ABSA
Sanlam
EABL
Safaricom

Plus CIC Insurance
heri
#54 Posted : Wednesday, October 25, 2023 7:32:01 PM

Good div and coming in Dec . Great

I hope the new borrowings will not be problematic with the rising interest rates

And domestic sales going down
Kenyan Oracle
#55 Posted : Thursday, October 26, 2023 8:39:19 AM

heri wrote:

I hope the new borrowings will not be problematic with the rising interest rates

Have they announced Dividends?
jawgey
#56 Posted : Thursday, October 26, 2023 8:41:17 AM

heri wrote:

How much is the "good" div?
Seeing is believing
Kenyan Oracle
#57 Posted : Thursday, October 26, 2023 9:36:51 AM

Dividend of Kshs. 1.70
Book closure 24th Nov 2023
Payment on 15th Dec 2023

Dividend yield at the market price of Kshs. 15.55 stands at 10.9%
heri
#58 Posted : Thursday, October 26, 2023 9:39:36 AM

jawgey wrote:
heri wrote:

How much is the "good" div?

I should have clarified I was looking at my ABP which was 12
VituVingiSana
#59 Posted : Thursday, October 26, 2023 1:44:27 PM

heri wrote:

Loans: I would not be overly concerned given they have lots of G-Secs (interest and principal) which can be used to pay off the loans. I hope the projects they finance yield ROIs of 15%+ to match government bonds.

I was surprised at the significant drop in domestics sales despite inflation. Times are going to get tougher.

Exports jumped but so did expenses associated with exports eg fuel costs. Also the further the lorries go, the more they wear out.