wazua Mon, Sep 30, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

61 Pages«<2526272829>»
STOCKS TO SELL by yaserbigchair
obiero
#521 Posted : Monday, December 21, 2015 7:09:58 PM

murchr wrote:
Should Barclays be sold or what expectations are there when the mother company decides to divest?

K-rep will buy Barclays Kenya

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 23,800 ABP 6.45
murchr
#522 Posted : Monday, December 21, 2015 7:11:48 PM

obiero wrote:
murchr wrote:
Should Barclays be sold or what expectations are there when the mother company decides to divest?

What if they sell Barclays Africa (incl those in other countries) Who would be the likely suitor? Am seeing a Nigerian bank going for this
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
VituVingiSana
#523 Posted : Monday, December 21, 2015 8:10:50 PM

murchr wrote:
obiero wrote:
murchr wrote:

What if they sell Barclays Africa (incl those in other countries) Who would be the likely suitor? Am seeing a Nigerian bank going for this

You are on the right track unlike @Obiero (who is going to start KQ Bank) but it may be a sale of BBK to ABSA.
Barclays PLC may keep or sell off its stake in ABSA but ABSA (not Barclays PLC) becomes the 'parent' firm. The problem for BBK is that South Africans are lousy managers in Kenya. Look at CFC-Stanbic which despite its huge Balance Sheet, its profit is the same as DTB or I&M which are 1/2 the size.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#524 Posted : Monday, December 21, 2015 9:34:44 PM

Barclays Bank Kenya won't be sold but the parent ABSA which is owned by Barclays Africa is the one that will be put up for sale.
As pertaining the most likely suitor it will be a western bank either HSBC or Deutsche Bank or BNP Paribas.
Nigerian Banks it will be too costly for them to buy ABSA stake unless it is split up into individual countries units and sold of in pieces
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
VituVingiSana
#525 Posted : Monday, December 21, 2015 9:54:55 PM

Ericsson wrote:
Barclays Bank Kenya won't be sold but the parent ABSA which is owned by Barclays Africa is the one that will be put up for sale.
As pertaining the most likely suitor it will be a western bank either HSBC or Deutsche Bank or BNP Paribas.
Nigerian Banks it will be too costly for them to buy ABSA stake unless it is split up into individual countries units and sold of in pieces

Do 'Western Banks' still want to be in Africa? [New acquisitions not existing operations] The new rules for money laundering, etc can be very difficult to navigate for Western Banks doing business in Africa.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#526 Posted : Monday, December 21, 2015 10:22:39 PM

Ericsson wrote:

It better be split up. No bank can come into Kenya and expect to shake up the status quo..

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 23,800 ABP 6.45
PeterReborn
#527 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2016 6:00:38 PM

So I got a call from by broker telling me to sell my shares in Bamburi,safaricom,EABL and centum.I am confused whether they have my best interest or they just want to munch the commissions.
Consistency is better than intensity
whiteowl
#528 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2016 8:55:53 PM

PeterReborn wrote:
So I got a call from by broker telling me to sell my shares in Bamburi,safaricom,EABL and centum.I am confused whether they have my best interest or they just want to munch the commissions.

For centum they do.For the others they are just hungry for commission. January can be a tough month even for brokers.
VituVingiSana
#529 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2016 1:50:52 AM

PeterReborn wrote:
And replace them with...?
sparkly
#530 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2016 6:22:27 AM

PeterReborn wrote:

3/4 Are stocks to own for life. Keep buying unless you need the money for other purposes.
Life is short. Live passionately.
mnandii
#531 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2016 6:52:17 AM

sparkly wrote:
PeterReborn wrote:

3/4 Are stocks to own for life. Keep buying unless you need the money for other purposes.

@sparkly yawa!
Conventional thinkers waste time building shelters when they are unnecessary and then have no shelters when they need them the most. Socionomists do the opposite.
Chaka
#532 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2016 9:28:22 AM

Can someone explain to me what the differences are between accumulate,buy,hold?
Othelo
#533 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2016 9:41:05 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
PeterReborn wrote:
And replace them with...?

Very good question, these brokers...... just after eroding your money aka commissions smile
Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune - Jim Rohn.
sitaki.kujulikana
#534 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2016 11:03:58 AM

In the uk individuals are being told to sell all their shares, since 2016 is the year when the stock markets will collapse. Does that advise also hold for the nse
Spikes
#535 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2016 11:09:20 AM

Chaka wrote:

If you don't know English switch off to local dialect social network.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
Chaka
#536 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2016 11:19:17 AM

Spikes wrote:
Chaka wrote:

If you don't know English switch off to local dialect social network.

Thank you so much.I will do that..
whiteowl
#537 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2016 11:48:50 AM

Chaka wrote:

Accumulate: adding more shares of a stock already in your portfolio. Buy: adding a new stock to your portfolio. Hold: keep your portfolio as is.
Chaka
#538 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2016 11:54:39 AM

whiteowl wrote:
Chaka wrote:

Accumulate: adding more shares of a stock already in your portfolio. Buy: adding a new stock to your portfolio. Hold: keep your portfolio as is.

@whiteowl,
Thanks..some people in this forum know everything and believe that "kuuliza ni ujinga"..
joga bonito
#539 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2016 12:10:07 PM

Realtreaty wrote:
Sad I still stand firm with Britam, a candy i will chew under the 1 O'clock sun. This is stock that is a gift forgetting that some of its investors (Mauritians) are politically opposite the current regime fighting their investments.
Do not forget that R/Dawat is not sleeping. He invested hevily on his investments nd is aware wht to do to beat his govt on the game. It will take time to sellR/Dawat Britam holding in Kenya by Muritian govt due to legality. They have to prove fraud to Country govts where their Citizens own property.

Britam really? considering how much britam insurance part makes in a year it doesnt look good.their fund management has been covering their mess.
Impunity
#540 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2016 1:33:39 PM

whiteowl wrote:
Chaka wrote:

What about if "buy" is repeated three times with exclamation marks like this:

BUY!!! BUY!!! BUY!!!
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.