wazua Sun, Sep 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

128 Pages«<4142434445>»
Exchange Bar: Results forecast
Ericsson
#841 Posted : Sunday, January 03, 2016 10:23:18 AM

@Obiero
You can't compare the aggressiveness and management style of safaricom with coop to justify the same thing was said about safaricom.
Huge number of issued shares is not a problem.Like I mentioned the bank needs to become aggressive in terms of how it does business.
I mentioned in another post that for this bank to achieve its potential;Gideon Muriuki the current CEO needs to retire from it's day to day running.
The bank needs fresh blood and ideas.Gideon has been there since 1998 and right now has no new strategic ideas and there is no succession planning.
If you want to know a good company to invest to;look at the succession planning.If there is none just know there are fishy deals been done by the current CEO and he doesn't want to leave the position for fear of the deals being exposed by his successor;Uchumi style what Kipngetich has exposed the rot that was being conducted and hidden by Jonathan Ciano.
The company also pays measly dividends;the payout is less than 30% of the after tax profit going by the previous year's results.
If they declare 30% payout as dividend on the after tax for FY2015 that will be fantastic news.70% as retained earnings I think that is adequate.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
obiero
#842 Posted : Sunday, January 03, 2016 10:31:19 AM

Ericsson wrote:
@Obiero
You can't compare the aggressiveness and management style of safaricom with coop to justify the same thing was said about safaricom.
Huge number of issued shares is not a problem.Like I mentioned the bank needs to become aggressive in terms of how it does business.
I mentioned in another post that for this bank to achieve its potential;Gideon Muriuki the current CEO needs to retire from it's day to day running.
The bank needs fresh blood and ideas.Gideon has been there since 1998 and right now has no new strategic ideas and there is no succession planning.
If you want to know a good company to invest to;look at the succession planning.If there is none just know there are fishy deals been done by the current CEO and he doesn't want to leave the position for fear of the deals being exposed by his successor;Uchumi style what Kipngetich has exposed the rot that was being conducted and hidden by Jonathan Ciano.
The company also pays measly dividends;the payout is less than 30% of the after tax profit going by the previous year's results.
If they declare 30% payout as dividend on the after tax for FY2015 that will be fantastic news.70% as retained earnings I think that is adequate.

Agreed. Just thought referring to number of listed shares was neither here nor there. Indeed, the bank can do better, but based on percentage growth in last few quarters, I would state that they are not doing badly!

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 23,800 ABP 6.45
VituVingiSana
#843 Posted : Sunday, January 03, 2016 10:49:07 PM

Ericsson wrote:
@Obiero

There is wisdom in changing the CEO or CFO every few years to expose the rot. KCB has an 8 year limit for directors. Safaricom changes CFOs.

Mumias -- post-Kidero & post-Kebati = Losses
KQ -- post-Naikuni = Huge losses
KK -- post-Segman = Losses & write-offs

Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#844 Posted : Monday, January 04, 2016 7:37:50 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
@Obiero

There is wisdom in changing the CEO or CFO every few years to expose the rot. KCB has an 8 year limit for directors. Safaricom changes CFOs.

That is true. Atleast you agree that ngunze is not the issue at KQ

Spikes
#845 Posted : Monday, January 04, 2016 8:32:19 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
@Obiero

Which means predecessors cooked books, abetted dirty deals and siphoned company cash resources prior to their exit. When Coop bank CEO retires I'll keep off this counter until the rot unfolds to establish new equilibrium.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
VituVingiSana
#846 Posted : Monday, January 04, 2016 6:55:09 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
@Obiero

Check my earlier posts and I have indicated Ngunze was given a rotten apple. It's Naikuni & Mbugua behind KQ's destruction with Project Mawingu. Something doesn't sit right with me that Mbugua is still the CFO.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#847 Posted : Monday, January 04, 2016 7:13:43 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
@Obiero

Check my earlier posts and I have indicated Ngunze was given a rotten apple. It's Naikuni & Mbugua behind KQ's destruction with Project Mawingu. Something doesn't sit right with me that Mbugua is still the CFO.

I am working hard to get him out. Please give 6-8 weeks

enyands
#848 Posted : Tuesday, January 05, 2016 6:27:28 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
@Obiero

I am working hard to get him out. Please give 6-8 weeks

In spirit of kutoa watu please nitolee Gideon
obiero
#849 Posted : Sunday, January 17, 2016 3:53:06 PM

obiero wrote:
Q4 PBT in KES 'B
KCB 25.9
EQTY 24.2
COOP 16.1
BBK 12.4
SCBK 12.1
DTB 9.1
NIC 6.7
CFC 6.1
NBK 4.3
HFCK 1.5

Dividend season approaching fast.. Had predicted COOP to jump into top three which has already happened, and now I opine that DTB shall be the fourth largest Kenyan bank by PBT come Q3 2016, thanks to heavy uptake of the IBL clientbase

obiero
#850 Posted : Saturday, February 13, 2016 8:09:28 PM

KQ revised full year projection including sale of 2 Boeing planes as well as Embakasi land in final stage of sign off

obiero
#851 Posted : Friday, February 19, 2016 8:09:43 AM

next week, we get to see the banks fy performance.. anxious much??

maka
#852 Posted : Friday, February 19, 2016 8:35:06 AM

obiero wrote:
next week, we get to see the banks fy performance.. anxious much??

Whats your take on NBK?
possunt quia posse videntur
Ericsson
#853 Posted : Friday, February 19, 2016 9:40:46 AM

In the next 3 weeks it's gonna be busy as nearly 90% of the companies release their full and half year results.
Insurance,manufacturing,energy companies included.
Boris Boyka
#854 Posted : Friday, February 19, 2016 10:01:35 AM

Ericsson wrote:
In the next 3 weeks it's gonna be busy as nearly 90% of the companies release their full and half year results.
Insurance,manufacturing,energy companies included.

How can you forget banking.. Anyway I know you only remembered where you're invested. Am not in banking either. Waiting for Bmb Kk KeRe
Everybody STEALS, a THIEF is one who's CAUGHT stealing something of LITTLE VALUE. !!!
Ericsson
#855 Posted : Friday, February 19, 2016 10:07:21 AM

@Boris Boyka
Obiero had already mentioned banking so I was continuing his statement.I'm heavily invested there by the way.
Read my statement;I said included.
Ama wewe english ilipita kwa gate.
Spikes
#856 Posted : Friday, February 19, 2016 12:08:43 PM

Ericsson wrote:
@Boris Boyka
Obiero had already mentioned banking so I was continuing his statement.I'm heavily invested there by the way.

As you can see the mini rally I have been reminding you has begun officially today ahead of results announcements as from next week.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
obiero
#857 Posted : Sunday, February 21, 2016 8:56:23 AM

Spikes wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
@Boris Boyka

As you can see the mini rally I have been reminding you has begun officially today ahead of results announcements as from next week.

The long awaited week is finally here

Boris Boyka
#858 Posted : Sunday, February 21, 2016 12:04:19 PM

obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
@Boris Boyka

The long awaited week is finally here

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Applause Applause
Everybody STEALS, a THIEF is one who's CAUGHT stealing something of LITTLE VALUE. !!!
innovator
#859 Posted : Sunday, February 21, 2016 1:26:55 PM

which one first?
mlennyma
#860 Posted : Sunday, February 21, 2016 5:20:15 PM

innovator wrote:
which one first?

Hfck?
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."