wazua Fri, Jun 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
Will you register as a voter
aemathenge
#21 Posted : Friday, March 26, 2010 12:06:45 PM

My greatest fear is my atitude in the voting booth. Take a walk with me.

In 1988, Em Oh One convinced me that I should participate in "Mlolongo" voting becase it was open and clear. I believed him. I was in the longest "Mlongongo" and my candidate lost.

In 1992, I was convinced that I ought to vote "Three piece Suit". I voted DP. I could not stand "Moi Must Go" man for it would have meant getting rid of one dictator for another. "General Kiguoya" and "his" DP lost. So did Moi Must Go.

In 1997, I was a Deputy Presiding Officer in a polling center away from my registered polling station, therefore I did not vote, having gone through the process of queing for two hours to register as a voter in the computer age. "General Kiguoya" my favourate lost again anyway.

We did get a supper Mpig though who liberated the rice growers from slavery. The point is, he won irrespective of the fact I did not vote.

In 2002, I voted "yote yawezekana bila moi" this man called "Kibaki Tosha". I got MOU, Githongo a fugitive, Aglo fleesing and so on.

In 2007, I voted "Lucy's Husband". I do not know who won.

With the current Makmende fashion, I do not trust the state of my mind in 2012. I might vote tribe, or KKK, or Mungiki incorporated.

No kind Sir. I will not register. It is not compulsory, and you have no right to tell me what my duty is. None what so ever.
#22 Posted : Friday, March 26, 2010 2:36:27 PM

I will definitely register!! Who do you think will make things right for you and your kids if you don't vote? If you leave that decision to us don't complain who we impose on you.

Please note that by not voting, you vote.
A zero vote or spoilt vote counts just like the rest.

BBI will solve it
:)