wazua Wed, May 15, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Makmende Phenomenon – Social Media Marketing Does It Again For A Kenyan Website
Moneywise
#1 Posted : Friday, March 26, 2010 1:35:55 PM

This issue of residing up country has completely embarrassed me. I realized this when my friend from the US asked me what is Makmende. First of all I thought she was trying to insult me, only to realize that almost every updated Kenyan is discussing the word on social media sites. By the way who is this makmemde fellow or it is just a Kenyan phenomena?

Jokes aside, this makmende phenomenon has opened my eyes to the power of social media networking. It even came to my surprise to note that people abroad had catch up with this funny phenomenon and were tweeting about it. My goodness, what Social Media Marketing can do to change once business promotion fortunes; the site makmende.com received over a million plus traffic within a period of 24 hours.

As I write this article I am yet to tell if makmende is a person or a thing. Call me backward or misinformed, all I see here is the ability of one person to rekindle old memories in order to achieve a set target. As an online marketing professional, my praises goes out to the owner of makmende.com. His efforts could not go unnoticed by people like me who are constantly seeking for ways of generating traffic.

The internet is full of attractive websites but we hardly know they exist. Social media marketing has of late provided internet business people an avenue of announcing their online presence. What would be the need to open a shop where no one frequents? Twitter (Click Here!)and facebook have truly and suddenly opened the world to the existence of a thing or phenomena called makmende. Ask Don Riddle of the well known CNN Broadcasting Network or Cassandra who featured the makmende story on Wall Street Journal.

By the way Kenyans; Would someone tell me who is Makmende????
Stephen writes authoritative content on Top Online Marketing Strategies. His website is on Money Making Ideas and Free Website Traffic. Visit his informative and insightful website at Make Money Online Secrets and improve your Internet Business Experience.
gathinga
#2 Posted : Friday, March 26, 2010 1:48:51 PM

mmmmmm. 28 guests. no post!
poundfoolish
#3 Posted : Friday, March 26, 2010 2:31:14 PM

@Gathinga..
guys just want to read makmendements.. thats the fad...i mean thing