wazua Sat, Apr 20, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Witch hunting at work
UpcomingPaperChaser
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2015 11:02:57 PM

I work in an average private firm with about 30 staff. I hold quite a good post (this however, doesnt mean i earn lots of cheddas), but am disturbed by something. There is a colleague who is also employed at same capacity as me, she is a lady though. The lady is witch hunting me.

Anajipendekeza kwa mabosi, she wants to be seen as the one in charge of everything, always trying to run and down with a bid of me being seen as being dormant. i am astute with my duties and responsibilities.......but the lady amenichosha kweli. Sadly, i was not bothered by his fact coz i never wanted to compete with someone who finished college after me and had lesser experience, and am a man after all.

She has gone overboard and she wants to be seen as doing everything and that am the lazy guy. She oversteps her mandate and i feel like one of the directors is starting to believe what she tells them. being a young woman, should i just assume that she is an immature adult ama nimkomeshe?
Enjoy every moment of your life, you never know when your time will come.
bird_man
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2015 11:33:52 PM

UpcomingPaperChaser wrote:
I work in an average private firm with about 30 staff. I hold quite a good post (this however, doesnt mean i earn lots of cheddas), but am disturbed by something. There is a colleague who is also employed at same capacity as me, she is a lady though. The lady is witch hunting me.

Anajipendekeza kwa mabosi, she wants to be seen as the one in charge of everything, always trying to run and down with a bid of me being seen as being dormant. i am astute with my duties and responsibilities.......but the lady amenichosha kweli. Sadly, i was not bothered by his fact coz i never wanted to compete with someone who finished college after me and had lesser experience, and am a man after all.

She has gone overboard and she wants to be seen as doing everything and that am the lazy guy. She oversteps her mandate and i feel like one of the directors is starting to believe what she tells them. being a young woman, should i just assume that she is an immature adult ama nimkomeshe?

Waste of Wazua space.Ask Maina and Kingangi instead.
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
Swenani
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2015 9:19:31 AM

Eat her
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Lolest!
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2015 10:41:45 AM

bird_man wrote:

I think it's a genuine query worth our time, the sexist parts notwithstanding

Is this in Tanzania? I remember you were working there.

Loud and aggressive employees get noticed and listened to more. They get the raises & promotions too even when they know very little or do very little.

Office politics, hate them or love them, you may have to participate in them to get noticed!
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
MaichBlack
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2015 12:27:55 PM

@Lolest is right. There are some showy and loud mouthed employees/vimbelembele who in most cases are not that good in the actual work. unfortunately, 7 times out of 10, they get the attention they seek with the attendant promotions, salary raises, more responsibilities (which they delegate but still take all the credit) etc.

I hate office politics. It is too draining. My advice is simple. Do not let her take your credit. And also don't let her cross boundaries. If you are in charge of something, that should be respected! Let your bosses and directors know the things you are doing or have done etc. But do it in a professional, classy and mature manner. Don't stoop to the kimbelembele level!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
MaichBlack
#6 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2015 12:30:22 PM

@bird_man - Kuwa mpole. This is a very relevant question in our "quest for wealth".
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
mawinder
#7 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2015 1:27:58 PM

You need tough propaganda. E.g. get a man to come when you have your big clients in the office and raise a furore that after conning her she has aborted for the third time his kid but an easy and permanent way is if she is blocking your career growth and she was not there when you were struggling to read is to eliminate her. It is easier to eliminate such people than negotiating with them. You can also plant drugs on her. My colleagues who have messed with me have suffered dearly. Don't take shit from stupid people.
kryptonite
#8 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2015 4:56:05 PM

mawinder wrote:
You need tough propaganda. E.g. get a man to come when you have your big clients in the office and raise a furore that after conning her she has aborted for the third time his kid but an easy and permanent way is if she is blocking your career growth and she was not there when you were struggling to read is to eliminate her. It is easier to eliminate such people than negotiating with them. You can also plant drugs on her. My colleagues who have messed with me have suffered dearly. Don't take shit from stupid people.

Haha! Eish! Eliminate? Bit extreme don't you think?
The harder you work, the luckier you get
MaichBlack
#9 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2015 5:41:16 PM

kryptonite wrote:
mawinder wrote:

Haha! Eish! Eliminate? Bit extreme don't you think?

Don't take @Mawinder too seriously. Nobody does!
UpcomingPaperChaser
#10 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2015 10:31:17 PM

mawinder wrote:

Hhahahaha........kuwa comedian bratha!!
UpcomingPaperChaser
#11 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2015 10:33:45 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
@Lolest is right. There are some showy and loud mouthed employees/vimbelembele who in most cases are not that good in the actual work. unfortunately, 7 times out of 10, they get the attention they seek with the attendant promotions, salary raises, more responsibilities (which they delegate but still take all the credit) etc.

I hate office politics. It is too draining. My advice is simple. Do not let her take your credit. And also don't let her cross boundaries. If you are in charge of something, that should be respected! Let your bosses and directors know the things you are doing or have done etc. But do it in a professional, classy and mature manner. Don't stoop to the kimbelembele level!

Its starting to drain me man......at times i feel like i surely dont know what am doing.....already she has given the bosses the notion that she is the sharp one......i dont want to sound harsh to her but akinifika kooni i will just tell her the truth
UpcomingPaperChaser
#12 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2015 10:35:36 PM

Lolest! wrote:
bird_man wrote:

Loud and aggressive employees get noticed and listened to more. They get the raises & promotions too even when they know very little or do very little.

Office politics, hate them or love them, you may have to participate in them to get noticed!

Lolest...yeah...in Tanzania, a foreign country to both of us.....staki tuonekane like we are a confused bunch of employees filled with hatred...so am forced to just take the chill pill and watch
murchr
#13 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2015 10:38:45 PM

MaichBlack wrote:

Its starting to drain me man......at times i feel like i surely dont know what am doing.....already she has given the bosses the notion that she is the sharp one......i dont want to sound harsh to her but akinifika kooni i will just tell her the truth

Start ignoring her in projects where you know she's weak and let this weakness to be exposed and out there...then when its clearly visible,. take up the project and make sure everyone notices that you saved the day. Don't play her game draw your own plan and focus on it.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
UpcomingPaperChaser
#14 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2015 10:46:25 PM

Swenani wrote:

Eat her

Hhehehe Prof. Dr. Mhesh. Swenani, i cannot eat her coz of the following reasons:

- she is black just like me.....i fear a piece of red meat covered in black skins!!

-she is thin......i love +size and above

-she is flat at the back..........i want a big bum bum that is 'holdable' during teh exercise

-she looks not flexible.....the legs at the waist junction should be able to complete an obtuse angle (greater than 90 but less than 180)

-its like she will be shrubbing when screaming my name and calling me Flenddy kukinoga!!

-looks allergic to rubber

-all her meals include cabbages in vegetable salads, so am guessing hapo down ni Mwea Tabere irrigation scheme......just kidding

-she might get addicted to 'Flenddy' after all and worsen the situation by asking Flenddy to be her boyfriend.

-a short Ugandan guy is eating her......Ugandans love bananas, so i dont know how many matoke she has 'eaten'

-maybe the Ugandan has elongated some parts of her body..... and my body is not used to man-made elongated things!!!!

Generally.......am trying to say there are so many reasons why i wont eat her.
Cornelius Vanderbilt
#15 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2015 11:42:19 AM

give her the attention she's craving , win-win situation
MaichBlack
#16 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2015 4:54:07 PM

Lolest! wrote:
bird_man wrote:

Lolest...yeah...in Tanzania, a foreign country to both of us.....staki tuonekane like we are a confused bunch of employees filled with hatred...so am forced to just take the chill pill and watch

You are lucky she is not Tanzanian!!!

I have heard of not so pleasant experiences of Kenyans in Tanzania!!!

They employ you when they have no capacity and treat you like a King! You help them train someone - A Tanzanian - and when that person gets to a level they can do the work, the bosses frustrate you till you resign!!! I have not done any scientific sampling but I have heard such stories over and over!!!

And the issue of conforming is too much. Ati you must speak swahili exactly as them or they treat you differently - to an extent of hiking prices!!!
UpcomingPaperChaser
#17 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2015 10:12:47 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
bird_man wrote:

You are lucky she is not Tanzanian!!!

I have heard of not so pleasant experiences of Kenyans in Tanzania!!!

They employ you when they have no capacity and treat you like a King! You help them train someone - A Tanzanian - and when that person gets to a level they can do the work, the bosses frustrate you till you resign!!! I have not done any scientific sampling but I have heard such stories over and over!!!

And the issue of conforming is too much. Ati you must speak swahili exactly as them or they treat you differently - to an extent of hiking prices!!!

Maich black, the issue of conforming is really tough. You must speak swahili like them or lest they judge you harshly. one common misjudgement is that Kenyans are rich.......so eveyrone tries to extort you.........pray hard a policeman doesnt get you....coz without any crime he will tell you tp part with 20k!!!!

Tanzanians are also very proud people and believe that Tanzania is the craddle of peace.............they are so proud of it...huwezi hata kugombeza msee huku since they start lecturing you on how ''we Tanzanians'' live
Mkenya_2000
#18 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2015 7:24:52 AM

Mpachike boli - she needs attention so you need to get between her legs like yesterday.
Cde Monomotapa
#19 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2015 9:32:18 AM

Cde Monomotapa
#20 Posted : Saturday, November 21, 2015 4:42:59 PM

Cde Monomotapa wrote: