wazua Tue, Apr 30, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages123>
Are shopowners making money at Garden City mall?
kayhara
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2015 10:03:00 AM

Are shop owners making money in this mall, every time I pass there the parking is empty and by design it's too far for pedestrians? Went to a bank on a Saturday afternoon the mall was empty compared to TRM or SARIT at the same time.
To Each His Own
Impunity
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2015 10:08:42 AM

kayhara wrote:
Are shop owners making money in this mall, every time I pass there the parking is empty and by design it's too far for pedestrians? Went to a bank on a Saturday afternoon the mall was empty compared to TRM or SARIT at the same time.

Keep your lanes.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

maka
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2015 10:28:47 AM

Impunity wrote:
kayhara wrote:

Keep your lanes.

Peeps will close shop....like galleria I see new shops almost every month...
possunt quia posse videntur
Boris Boyka
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2015 10:49:45 AM

maka wrote:
Impunity wrote:
kayhara wrote:

Keep your lanes.

Peeps will close shop....like galleria I see new shops almost every month...

The bubble, expensive office spaces!
Everybody STEALS, a THIEF is one who's CAUGHT stealing something of LITTLE VALUE. !!!
Mike Ock
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2015 8:26:54 PM

kayhara wrote:

Outside of food courts and supermarkets, very few shop owners make money in high end malls. Just take a look for yourself, very little traffic in these shops, and any retailer, luxury or not, depends on a high level of traffic to make good money. Many of them are for laundering purposes, or to keep a few family members busy, or for vanity in the case of big brands.
nakujua
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2015 10:50:56 AM

Mike Ock wrote:
kayhara wrote:

Outside of food courts and supermarkets, very few shop owners make money in high end malls. Just take a look for yourself, very little traffic in these shops, and any retailer, luxury or not, depends on a high level of traffic to make good money. Many of them are for laundering purposes, or to keep a few family members busy, or for vanity in the case of big brands.

I once run a small clothes shop in one of the towns, it was not very busy in terms of foot traffic but the few that came in were almost sure to buy something and that kept the shop running - the specialty retailers do not need lots of foot traffic, the margins are high enough.
KulaRaha
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2015 12:03:35 PM

One of the large local chains told me they opened in Garden City as they had to...for the sake of PR. Currently they can't even cover rent from sales, but since pockets are deep its like a marketing expense.

P.s. rent is charged in USDollars.
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
innairobi
#8 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2015 11:08:13 PM

Mall doesnt look too inviting especially for watu wa mguu. Very different setup from TRM. I think a see through fence would have helped otherwise place looks like a fortress. Guess this shows you can have too much security. Of course TRM's surroundings have a much larger population of potential clientele compared to Garden City. Then Garden Ciy has to contend with the much smaller but formidable Mountain Mall across the road with its steady stream of loyal clients from Garden Estate, Thome etc.
All my friends are heathens, take it slow. Wait for them to ask you who you know. Please don't make any sudden moves.
dunkang
#9 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2015 6:36:03 AM

Parking Fees puts me away from Garden City Mall and TRM. Free parking at Ridge Ways Mall and Mountain Mall very welcoming.
Receive with simplicity everything that happens to you.” ― Rashi

Mike Ock
#10 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2015 11:30:45 PM

nakujua wrote:
Mike Ock wrote:
kayhara wrote:

I once run a small clothes shop in one of the towns, it was not very busy in terms of foot traffic but the few that came in were almost sure to buy something and that kept the shop running - the specialty retailers do not need lots of foot traffic, the margins are high enough.

You ONCE ran a clothes shop... so it closed down?

And you seem to imply that with a high end shop the goal is to make enough just to keep the shop running. I think if I'm setting up shop in a place that costs upwards of 200bob per square foot, that place better be raking in the mullah
nakujua
#11 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2015 3:15:48 PM

Mike Ock wrote:
nakujua wrote:
Mike Ock wrote:
kayhara wrote:

And you seem to imply that with a high end shop the goal is to make enough just to keep the shop running. I think if I'm setting up shop in a place that costs upwards of 200bob per square foot, that place better be raking in the mullah

I relocated to mashinani, so had to sell the shop - siku hizi nimekuwa digital - nauza online smile
masukuma
#12 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2015 9:41:34 AM

nakujua wrote:
Mike Ock wrote:
nakujua wrote:
Mike Ock wrote:
kayhara wrote:

I relocated to mashinani, so had to sell the shop - siku hizi nimekuwa digital - nauza online smile

Still trying to remember You
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
kayhara
#13 Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2015 11:47:32 PM

Lol a guy asking if garden city mall can be turned into a college or a school of some kind of school because months after he opened a shop at the mall he has only made losses.
To Each His Own
nakujua
#14 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2015 12:13:19 PM

masukuma wrote:
nakujua wrote:
Mike Ock wrote:
nakujua wrote:
Mike Ock wrote:
kayhara wrote:

smile try attend one of the skcharity meetings utanipata huko - ama gift your better half with a nice dress hapa kwivika smile
Boris Boyka
#15 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2015 1:13:27 PM

nakujua wrote:
masukuma wrote:
nakujua wrote:
Mike Ock wrote:
nakujua wrote:
Mike Ock wrote:
kayhara wrote:

smile try attend one of the skcharity meetings utanipata huko - ama gift your better half with a nice dress hapa kwivika smile

@sikujui , is kwivika= kuvaa nguo? smile
Everybody STEALS, a THIEF is one who's CAUGHT stealing something of LITTLE VALUE. !!!
nakujua
#16 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2015 2:21:50 PM

Boris Boyka wrote:
nakujua wrote:
masukuma wrote:
nakujua wrote:
Mike Ock wrote:
nakujua wrote:
Mike Ock wrote:
kayhara wrote:

smile the first biashara had the kawaida kenyan naming algorithm (combining the initials of wife/husband names) - so thought of trying out a different name.

but yes kwivika is a luhya word that means something like that.
Swenani
#17 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2015 5:51:49 PM

nakujua wrote:
Boris Boyka wrote:
nakujua wrote:
masukuma wrote:
nakujua wrote:
Mike Ock wrote:
nakujua wrote:
Mike Ock wrote:
kayhara wrote:

smile the first biashara had the kawaida kenyan naming algorithm (combining the initials of wife/husband names) - so thought of trying out a different name.

kwivika tsinguvu!
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
hardwood
#18 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2015 9:36:59 PM

I was there juzi (garden city) at Bossini and Mr Price to get the kids some xmas clothes and they appeared very busy. I queued for 20mins just to pay. Business looked good.
kaka2za
#19 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2015 10:29:21 PM

The mall is on the wrong side of the road.
We prefer to shop on our way home and turning to the other side and figuring how you will get back to the Superhighway is not appealing.
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
Boris Boyka
#20 Posted : Saturday, December 19, 2015 8:20:36 AM

Swenani wrote:
nakujua wrote:
Boris Boyka wrote:
nakujua wrote:
masukuma wrote:
nakujua wrote:
Mike Ock wrote:
nakujua wrote:
Mike Ock wrote:
kayhara wrote:

kwivika tsinguvu!

Okay. Is @swenani = praying mantis? smile asking for a friend.