wazua Tue, Sep 24, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
Startimes, GOtv or Jolini FTA set top box for Shaggs
Lolest!
#21 Posted : Saturday, December 28, 2013 11:25:01 AM

jaggernaut wrote:
Yesterday I saw a free to air set top box brand name 'Next' at nakumatt that's selling at 3k. It's made in turkey. Should be this one:

www.next.com.tr/U147,17,...sal-terrestrial-next.htm

retailing at 4k. Wonder why at Nakumatt outlets only
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
jaggernaut
#22 Posted : Saturday, December 28, 2013 12:09:10 PM

Lolest! wrote:
jaggernaut wrote:
Yesterday I saw a free to air set top box brand name 'Next' at nakumatt that's selling at 3k. It's made in turkey. Should be this one:

Yeah it's 3,999. Maybe the importers have a distribution deal with Nakumatt.

And am surprised that none of the wazuans has imported a container full of these gadgets from shaina, all i see are complaints regarding the switch off. Seems wazuans aren't business savvy after all. What a missed business opportunity.
Lolest!
#23 Posted : Saturday, December 28, 2013 12:22:54 PM

jaggernaut wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
jaggernaut wrote:

Yeah it's 3,999. Maybe the importers have a distribution deal with Nakumatt.

And am surprised that none of the wazuans has imported a container full of these gadgets from shaina, all i see are complaints regarding the switch off. Seems wazuans aren't business savvy after all. What a missed business opportunity.

I have noted, in all threads about digital migration, some wazuan has ti mention jolini!
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Rankaz13
#24 Posted : Sunday, December 29, 2013 10:16:05 PM

Some updates:

1. For those with GoTv decoders who alredy haven't done it, please blindscan your decoders on your own to get the Signet Channels. Here's how:

Go to Menu >> Settings >> Installations >> Tuning >> Auto-tune and press 'Ok'. After the box finishes the search, save and exit. The Signet channels are from number 801. This is what they're charging you 2,600/= to do.

2. A new setop box called Bomba is set to be launched by Kiss Tv sometime towards the end of Feb 2014. They say it'll have at least 50 channels and they'll charge a one-off fee to access everything rather than a monthly access fee (kinda like OpenView of S.Africa). So far, no word yet on the cost ( though I've heard figures of around 6k being mentioned, with a possibility of channel listing resembling that of the Azam package of Tz). Seems like we are in for exciting times.

3. A comprehensive list of Tvs locally available and with integrated digital tuners can be found here.
Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.
Drobos fly
#25 Posted : Sunday, December 29, 2013 10:28:34 PM

Anyone willing to test what Rankaz13 has suggested here on GoTv?

Rankaz13 wrote:
Some updates:

1. For those with GoTv decoders who alredy haven't done it, please blindscan your decoders on your own to get the Signet Channels. Here's how:

Go to Menu >> Settings >> Installations >> Tuning >> Auto-tune and press 'Ok'. After the box finishes the search, save and exit. The Signet channels are from number 801. This is what they're charging you 2,600/= to do.

2. A new setop box called Bomba is set to be launched by Kiss Tv sometime towards the end of Feb 2014. They say it'll have at least 50 channels and they'll charge a one-off fee to access everything rather than a monthly access fee (kinda like OpenView of S.Africa). So far, no word yet on the cost ( though I've heard figures of around 6k being mentioned, with a possibility of channel listing resembling that of the Azam package of Tz). Seems like we are in for exciting times.

3. A comprehensive list of Tvs locally available and with integrated digital tuners can be found here.

bird_man
#26 Posted : Sunday, December 29, 2013 11:04:36 PM

Drobos fly wrote:
Anyone willing to test what Rankaz13 has suggested here on GoTv?

Rankaz13 wrote:
Some updates:

I think best thing right now is to get the Chinese decorders with FTA channels only & no monthly charges.Alternatively,get a TV with inbuilt DVB-T2 (Sony,Samsung & LG LED) models for 2013 are mostly digital & you can be tested for before you buy.
The pay TV decorders for now are a trap.....unless you actually plan on paying.Tena those channels people are paying 6-7k per year for are not worth it.
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
Caveman
#27 Posted : Tuesday, December 31, 2013 5:59:54 PM

Ngalaka wrote:

Last week, I came across a set top box named Samsutech whose cost seemed competitive.

Would anyone here assist with some review of this brand!

It is a normal FTA decoder. The only experience I have heard is that if the decoder has issues, you are 'on your own'. You will be tossed left, right and center while seeking assistance.
Caveman
#28 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 4:06:04 PM

NO MONTHLY CHARGES is now on twitter
https://twitter.com/DVBT2Kenya
Gordon Gekko
#29 Posted : Saturday, October 03, 2015 10:33:15 PM

Someone please help!!! Just bought a jolini decoder, I want to scan but that requires a password. The shop I bought from (Ukwala) have no idea. The manual says the default password is '00000' but the decoder can only accept 4 digits. Even '0000' doesnt work....
KiFagio
#30 Posted : Sunday, October 04, 2015 6:42:12 AM

Gordon Gekko wrote:
Someone please help!!! Just bought a jolini decoder, I want to scan but that requires a password. The shop I bought from (Ukwala) have no idea. The manual says the default password is '00000' but the decoder can only accept 4 digits. Even '0000' doesnt work....

Did it have a warranty? If yes ask for a replacement.
Cornelius Vanderbilt
#31 Posted : Sunday, October 04, 2015 5:01:13 PM

Gordon Gekko wrote:

talk to them

https://www.facebook.com...25220820930746/timeline/
kenmac
#32 Posted : Monday, October 05, 2015 1:13:03 PM

When I was shopping for a free to air decoder, Jolini didn't come as a good option because it doesn't have a power adapter...the conversion from AC to DC is inside the decoder, so in case of power surges, its technical replacing it....a power adapter feeding DC current to the decoder is more preferable.
......Ecclesiastes
Gordon Gekko
#33 Posted : Monday, October 05, 2015 10:46:19 PM

Cornelius Vanderbilt wrote:
[quote=Gordon Gekko]Someone please help!!! Just bought a jolini decoder, I want to scan but that requires a password. The shop I bought from (Ukwala) have no idea. The manual says the default password is '00000' but the decoder can only accept 4 digits. Even '0000' doesnt work....

talk to them

https://www.facebook.com...5220820930746/timeline/[/quote]
Number on facebook doesn't work. I finally got an answer, it's 3611. I have successfully scanned and it's picked up all sorts of scrambled channels.
Impunity
#34 Posted : Friday, October 09, 2015 7:35:29 AM

who has experience with set top box called ARMCO?
Currently only beaming k24 n kbc thru PANG.The rest are not showing.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

mawinder
#35 Posted : Friday, October 09, 2015 9:50:15 AM

Impunity wrote:
who has experience with set top box called ARMCO?
Currently only beaming k24 n kbc thru PANG.The rest are not showing.

What do you want to watch from Jubilee stations????????????
Anti_Burglar
#36 Posted : Friday, October 09, 2015 11:32:23 AM

[quote=Caveman]Hi ladies, gentlemen and others.
Since this analogue TV switch-off will be effected within the next year in the whole country (before the next Christmas), which gadget is the best to bless the shaggs guys with this festive season? I fear to receive a request for monthly subscriptions Mpesa every month.....Jolini come to my rescue.
https://www.facebook.com...&id=325220820930746[/quote]

The age of your post mitigates my response. But why would you want to take Nairobi to ushago? Ushago is where you can listen to the birds sing, as well as the cows and insects and watch and study them live. Ushago is where you recharge by being at one with basic nature. Why, oh why do you want to lounge indoors & watch tv in ushago?
lordmwesh
#37 Posted : Friday, October 09, 2015 9:36:13 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but FTA STB now can only air KBC and K24. The consortium of NTV/Citizen /KTN want to be paid for any signal distributor to carry their content. This of course contravene the "must carry" principle as laid out by Communications Authority. Does anybody have an FTA box that can see mkre channels than that? Safaricom? Bamba?
Impunity
#38 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2015 11:43:47 AM

lordmwesh wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but FTA STB now can only air KBC and K24. The consortium of NTV/Citizen /KTN want to be paid for any signal distributor to carry their content. This of course contravene the "must carry" principle as laid out by Communications Authority. Does anybody have an FTA box that can see mkre channels than that? Safaricom? Bamba?

Very true.Kumbe sio mimi pekee.
Even my digital ready Samsung Full HD Orgnanic LED only receives JAP tv and KBC.
SAD.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

mawinder
#39 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2015 5:35:26 PM

Impunity wrote:
lordmwesh wrote:

Very true.Kumbe sio mimi pekee.
Even my digital ready Samsung Full HD Orgnanic LED only receives JAP tv and KBC.
SAD.

My LED SONY DIGITAL TV has no problem. Inashika CORD TV fully and I can't complain. Check if there is a JAP mole in the house or talk to one of the kids to set it up. Mawinderlets did it.