wazua Tue, Sep 24, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Solar Power Revoultion in Western
Cornelius Vanderbilt
#1 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2015 5:37:03 PM

A 0.05MW solar minigrid in Kisii. This serves 350 homesteads who pay 300/= per month. Why are our leaders not driving us towards this direction where the Poor can afford lighting @10 bob a day?

enyands
#2 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2015 6:21:34 PM

Cornelius Vanderbilt wrote:
A 0.05MW solar minigrid in Kisii. This serves 350 homesteads who pay 300/= per month. Why are our leaders not driving us towards this direction where the Poor can afford lighting @10 bob a day?

Wish they can raise the posts higher so that hapo chini they can plant some vegetables so that the land doesn't go to waste .utilizing land well . I love the economic empowerment that people are starting to believe that they don't need politicians to empower them rather they need to empower themselves .I love this
Ericsson
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2015 3:33:28 PM

With such invention do we really need the Lamu Coal power plant.
That power has no market and will just make electricity expensive in kenya
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Chaka
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2015 4:19:30 PM

Very nice..who is behind this project?I also agree that the panels could be raised so that the land below can be used(plants may not do well due to lack of sunlight) the power stored in a battery bank,with each user having an inverter?
I don't like the KP model where one pays a standing charge whether you use power or not.
mawinder
#5 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2015 4:55:40 PM

Chaka wrote:
Very nice..who is behind this project?I also agree that the panels could be raised so that the land below can be used(plants may not do well due to lack of sunlight) the power stored in a battery bank,with each user having an inverter?
I don't like the KP model where one pays a standing charge whether you use power or not.

Zachary Ayieko former M.D. REA in conjunction with Powerhive of USA. Had the pleasure of working with them on some assignment.
Chaka
#6 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2015 5:26:38 PM

mawinder wrote:
Chaka wrote:

Zachary Ayieko former M.D. REA in conjunction with Powerhive of USA. Had the pleasure of working with them on some assignment.

Is this for profit and would a KP licence be required here since potential KP clients have been taken..?
mawinder
#7 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2015 6:34:13 PM

Chaka wrote:
mawinder wrote:
Chaka wrote:

Is this for profit and would a KP licence be required here since potential KP clients have been taken..?

Yes it is for profit. One needs a license from ERC not Kenya Power.
jerry
#8 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2015 8:37:59 PM

mawinder wrote:
Chaka wrote:

What would be the cost of such an investment that gives 105k per month?
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it's conformity.