wazua Sat, Sep 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

19 Pages«<678910>»
Harambee Stars
kaka2za
#141 Posted : Sunday, September 06, 2015 8:15:47 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Poor harambee stars, poor performance!!!

Harambee stress. Only happy moment was when fans pulled down Nyamweya campaign banner and set it on fire.
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
Gathige
#142 Posted : Sunday, September 06, 2015 11:01:45 PM

This team is a national disaster. Hapo ndio Team Nyamweya imetufikisha.
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
masukuma
#143 Posted : Monday, September 07, 2015 11:04:00 AM

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Kenyans are usually very optimistic people! Mulikuwa munaona mtashinda Zambia based on what facts?
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Si we just agree we are fanatical football players but cannot do anything when given that ball!
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
For me I don't bother! Coz there is no point!
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
mwenza
#144 Posted : Monday, September 07, 2015 4:01:39 PM

I guess it's time the team management organized friendly matches against San Marino and Andorra to boost their morale.
IF YOU EXPECT ME TO POST ANYTHING POSITIVE ABOUT ASENO, YOU MAY AS WELL SIT ON A PIN
Museveni
#145 Posted : Monday, September 07, 2015 4:32:15 PM

masukuma wrote:
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Kenyans are usually very optimistic people! Mulikuwa munaona mtashinda Zambia based on what facts?
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Si we just agree we are fanatical football players but cannot do anything when given that ball!
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

You do not assemble a team for three days and hope to win a competitive match. Welcoming out-of-shape foreign based players without testing their preparedness to the expense of available raring youngsters cost us the match.
Live and learn; and don’t forget, nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Alba
#146 Posted : Monday, September 07, 2015 4:53:52 PM

In hindsight, Bobby Williamson is not a good coach. Look how poorly Gor Mahia played in the 2014 CECAFA cup. Tactically he has no ideas.
Secondly Harambee stars should utilize the international window to play more friendlies and coach should only field players he has seen in these friendlies
Finally, Kenya football will only progress if you replace Nyamweya with someone like Shollei.
masukuma
#147 Posted : Monday, September 07, 2015 5:02:47 PM

Museveni wrote:
masukuma wrote:

You do not assemble a team for three days and hope to win a competitive match. Welcoming out-of-shape foreign based players without testing their preparedness to the expense of available raring youngsters cost us the match.

maybe... I am no expert on this however... could "WE SUCK AT SOCCER" be the real reason?
Alba
#148 Posted : Monday, September 07, 2015 6:29:54 PM

masukuma wrote:
Museveni wrote:
masukuma wrote:

maybe... I am no expert on this however... could "WE SUCK AT SOCCER" be the real reason?

NO
You are completely wrong
@Museveni has spoken the truth. But that is only a small part of the problem

And thanks for admitting U R no expert unlike some like @Murchr who know nothing about sports but have strong opinions.

Some of the problems alluded to by other forummers can be solved if by some miracle Nyamweya is defeated at the next FKF election. If Nyamweya remains in charge, Kenya is doomed
masukuma
#149 Posted : Monday, September 07, 2015 7:12:14 PM

Alba wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Museveni wrote:
masukuma wrote:

NO
You are completely wrong
@Museveni has spoken the truth. But that is only a small part of the problem

And thanks for admitting U R no expert unlike some like @Murchr who know nothing about sports but have strong opinions.

Some of the problems alluded to by other forummers can be solved if by some miracle Nyamweya is defeated at the next FKF election. If Nyamweya remains in charge, Kenya is doomed

I am pretty sure we stink at soccer but I have no evidence so I will wait until we have eliminated all the excuses and the last one on the table is
'WE STINK!' and maybe then we will focus our emotions on other things that we seem to do well... I remember people complaining about athletics kenya and even with a management that leaves lots to be desired we seem to be doing well... I suspect the source of our troubles is that we stink but we still don't know it yet.
Alba
#150 Posted : Monday, September 07, 2015 7:29:29 PM

Masukuma

Athletics is an individual sport. Kenya does well in athletics not because of the federation. It is because of the individual efforts of the runners, their coaches and agents. Many Kenyan runners have stated openly that AK has nothing to do with their success.

Football on the other hand is a team sport.

The mere fact that Zambia were training for several weeks while Kenya trained for only a few days doomed Kenya. But that is only a small part of the problem.

Many things have to fall in place for a team to be good. You need competent leadership that creates youth development programs, hires good coaches, organizes friendly matches, attracts sponsorships, trains players for long enough...............
masukuma
#151 Posted : Monday, September 07, 2015 7:54:43 PM

Alba wrote:
Masukuma

Athletics is an individual sport. Kenya does well in athletics not because of the federation. It is because of the individual efforts of the runners, their coaches and agents. Many Kenyan runners have stated openly that AK has nothing to do with their success.

Football on the other hand is a team sport.

The mere fact that Zambia were training for several weeks while Kenya trained for only a few days doomed Kenya. But that is only a small part of the problem.

Many things have to fall in place for a team to be good. You need competent leadership that creates youth development programs, hires good coaches, organizes friendly matches, attracts sponsorships, trains players for long enough...............

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
mimi nangoja siku ile excuses zitatoka kwa meza! so for now lets go with 'Nyamwea and co. are the problem'
ZZE123
#152 Posted : Monday, September 07, 2015 10:17:01 PM

We should have let Gor paly instead of hara-mbee Stars!!!!
The man who marries a beautiful woman, and the farmer who grows corn by the roadside have the same problem
kaka2za
#153 Posted : Monday, September 07, 2015 10:29:32 PM

Kumbe Origi was beaten at the near post?! Pathetic!
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
Alba
#154 Posted : Tuesday, September 08, 2015 12:20:42 AM

masukuma wrote:
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
mimi nangoja siku ile excuses zitatoka kwa meza! so for now lets go with 'Nyamwea and co. are the problem'

@Masukuma
You mentioned that you played in Kenya cup rugby at some point. But given your ignorance about what it takes to create a succesful sports team , I am beginning to doubt whether you played anything at all. Unless you were one of those who hanged around the rugby guys at UoN pretending to be one of them.

Seriously it ought to be obvious to anyone who has played sports at any level that a team that has trained together for a month is bound to play better than one that assembled only a few days prior and did not even play friendlies. I am amazed that this has to be explained to someone who claims to have played in Kenya cup for sijui 5 years.
D32
#155 Posted : Tuesday, September 08, 2015 3:06:35 AM

ZZE123 wrote:

I also think the leading local club is stronger than Harambee, as the local club has that long developed synergy. I once asked this q, but was told that it is not allowed. How about change a player or two, like the goalkeeper?
They tried to bury us, they didn't know we were seeds.
urstill1
#156 Posted : Tuesday, September 08, 2015 7:05:49 AM

D32 wrote:
ZZE123 wrote:

I also think the leading local club is stronger than Harambee, as the local club has that long developed synergy. I once asked this q, but was told that it is not allowed. How about change a player or two, like the goalkeeper?

Quite a good number of Gor players are foreign nationals. The likes of Sibomana, Kagere...
D32
#157 Posted : Tuesday, September 08, 2015 7:15:27 AM

urstill1 wrote:
D32 wrote:
ZZE123 wrote:

Quite a good number of Gor players are foreign nationals. The likes of Sibomana, Kagere...

Ah, right! Clubs are allowed to have foreign players, didn't think of that.
They tried to bury us, they didn't know we were seeds.
tycho
#158 Posted : Tuesday, September 08, 2015 7:40:52 AM

Bado our local clubs like Gor can't hack it continentally. But there's hope if we can change our thinking and culture.
TAZ
#159 Posted : Tuesday, September 08, 2015 9:21:42 AM

I totally agree with @Masukuma, at the moment we are simply not good enough. I watched the Tanzania Vs Nigeria match and i was really impressed by the Taifa stars, they passed the ball very well and had some really nice dribblers in the team.

Btw @Alba....Williamson's record for the Uganda Cranes was quite impressive, he was only sacked after he failed to qualify for AFCON 2013
McReggae
#160 Posted : Tuesday, September 08, 2015 9:26:36 AM

Did you guys see Zambia celebrate when we were world champions in Beijing?
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".