wazua Sat, Sep 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

19 Pages«<45678>»
Harambee Stars
Alba
#101 Posted : Tuesday, March 10, 2015 6:51:19 PM

With regard to that tweet, I support his spirit.

It is indeed true that Kenya football standards were much higher back then. Even as recently as 10 years ago, Kenyan clubs performed much better.

But the reasons he gave for why football standards have plummeted in Kenya are off base. First off, the players of that era were also drinkers.

Anyway as I see it, the reasons why standards have fallen:

1. Deteriorating management standards: All officials want to do now is eat. They have no regard for developing the sport.
2. Football fields have been grabbed and vijana now have few places to sharpen their skills compared to the 1970s and 1980s
3. For various reasons: EPL, politics etc, support for local clubs has fallen
4. Whereas countries across Africa have set up youth development schemes, Kenya has stood still
Alba
#102 Posted : Monday, June 01, 2015 10:57:46 PM

I see that coach Bobby Williamson has named a new squad for the AFCON 2017 qualifiers. Notably missing is Oliech and Mariga. Its possible that those two may never don a Harambee Stars jersey again.

Williamson seems to think that other strikers will flourish. But if Kenya loses the first few games, the clamour to bring back Oliech will reach a crescendo.

As for Mariga, I think injuries have curtailed his abilities significantly. AFAIK, he is not been seeing much playing time lately.

Alba
#103 Posted : Monday, June 08, 2015 7:08:04 PM

Looks like stars had some positive results in Rwanda. Drawing with the hosts and beating Sudan 2-0. At this rate they might beat Congo-Brazzaville
kaka2za
#104 Posted : Monday, June 08, 2015 10:15:35 PM

Alba wrote:
Looks like stars had some positive results in Rwanda. Drawing with the hosts and beating Sudan 2-0. At this rate they might beat Congo-Brazzaville

South Sudan not Sudan!
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
Alba
#105 Posted : Tuesday, June 09, 2015 12:47:18 AM

kaka2za wrote:
Alba wrote:

South Sudan not Sudan!

I think it was Sudan
http://www.futaa.com/foo...stars-to-win-over-sudan

AFCON 2017 qualfiers start this weekend. Kenya vs Congo-Brazza
kaka2za
#106 Posted : Tuesday, June 09, 2015 1:21:01 AM

Alba wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Alba wrote:

South Sudan not Sudan!

I think it was Sudan
http://www.futaa.com/foo...stars-to-win-over-sudan

AFCON 2017 qualfiers start this weekend. Kenya vs Congo-Brazza

Read the article not the title.
(James Russell Rowell)
Alba
#107 Posted : Sunday, June 21, 2015 6:52:00 PM

Ethiopia has beaten Kenya 2-0. Kenya cannot hack it in CHAN.
ecstacy
#108 Posted : Sunday, June 21, 2015 6:59:18 PM

Alba wrote:

Inexperience. We had the luxury of missing a penalty and also hitting the bar.
kaka2za
#109 Posted : Sunday, June 21, 2015 9:06:16 PM

ecstacy wrote:
Alba wrote:

Missed a penalty?! An away goal would have been phenomenal!
(James Russell Rowell)
ecstacy
#110 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2015 1:56:26 AM

kaka2za wrote:
ecstacy wrote:
Alba wrote:

D32
#111 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2015 2:02:02 AM

ecstacy wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
ecstacy wrote:
Alba wrote:

Guess Kenya don't have game when it comes to football.
They tried to bury us, they didn't know we were seeds.
Alba
#112 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2015 3:39:12 PM

Looks like Ethiopians really like football. You cannot get such crowds for a Harambee stars game nowadays. Even when big teams come visiting, the stadia are only half full.

And Harambee stars seems to be having problems in central defense. That cross should have been dealt with properly.
Alba
#113 Posted : Thursday, September 03, 2015 5:46:09 PM

Kenya vs Zambia this Sunday in a crucial qualifier. Oliech is back and promising fireworks. Lets see if he can partner with Olunga.

Wanyama will hopefully put aside the dissapointments of his transfer mess.

Zambia are a better side and have been preparing for this match longer than Harambee stars. This is the biggest test for coach Bobby Williamson. So far he has not impressed.
Angelica _ann
#114 Posted : Thursday, September 03, 2015 5:55:01 PM

Alba wrote:
Kenya vs Zambia this Sunday in a crucial qualifier. Oliech is back and promising fireworks. Lets see if he can partner with Olunga.

Zambia are a better side and have been preparing for this match longer than Harambee stars. This is the biggest test for coach Bobby Williamson. So far he has not impressed.

Than God he waste harambee while Kogalo gained in the process. Wish harambee well though!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
nakujua
#115 Posted : Thursday, September 03, 2015 6:44:19 PM

Alba wrote:

Really hope he plays Wanyama in his better suited holding position.
Alba
#116 Posted : Friday, September 04, 2015 3:42:15 PM

nakujua wrote:
Alba wrote:

What position has Wanyama been playing for Harambee Stars recently? Its beeen a long time since I actually watched a full Harambee stars game.
mwenza
#117 Posted : Saturday, September 05, 2015 8:55:27 AM

Alba wrote:
nakujua wrote:
Alba wrote:

What position has Wanyama been playing for Harambee Stars recently? Its beeen a long time since I actually watched a full Harambee stars game.

He plays as an attacking midfielder.
IF YOU EXPECT ME TO POST ANYTHING POSITIVE ABOUT ASENO, YOU MAY AS WELL SIT ON A PIN
nakujua
#118 Posted : Saturday, September 05, 2015 12:22:52 PM

mwenza wrote:
Alba wrote:
nakujua wrote:
Alba wrote:

I don't know if its just him feeling a need to help out or if its the coach who instructs - but he tends to play in a more advanced role.

For Zambia I would rather we go Mous style and play not to lose, I think that will be better with him protecting the defenders.
mwenza
#119 Posted : Saturday, September 05, 2015 12:32:23 PM

nakujua wrote:
mwenza wrote:
Alba wrote:
nakujua wrote:
Alba wrote:

I don't know if its just him feeling a need to help out or if its the coach who instructs - but he tends to play in a more advanced role.

For Zambia I would rather we go Mous style and play not to lose, I think that will be better with him protecting the defenders.

Most players are selfish. They realize that being a defensive midfielder is a thankless job so they prefer playing in the more visible role of an attacking midfielder where they hope to score a goal and become the talk of the town.

Haven't you seen Obi Mikel, a born defensive midfielder, always playing as an attacking midfielder for the national team? Mikel, in particular, playing in an advanced role is always the height of comedy given that the chap can't win a 100m sprint against a tortoise.
IF YOU EXPECT ME TO POST ANYTHING POSITIVE ABOUT ASENO, YOU MAY AS WELL SIT ON A PIN
safariant
#120 Posted : Saturday, September 05, 2015 12:47:57 PM

mwenza wrote:
nakujua wrote:
mwenza wrote:
Alba wrote:
nakujua wrote:
Alba wrote:

Most players are selfish. They realize that being a defensive midfielder is a thankless job so they prefer playing in the more visible role of an attacking midfielder where they hope to score a goal and become the talk of the town.

Haven't you seen Obi Mikel, a born defensive midfielder, always playing as an attacking midfielder for the national team?

Obi Mikel is not a born defensive midfielder. He was an attacking player converted to a defensive player by Chelsea, as many african players are converted in Europe.
In the under 17 World Cup Obi Mikel was the 2nd best player beaten by Messi playing an attacking position.
The greatest act of bravery is chancing a fart while suffering from diarrhoea