wazua Tue, Sep 24, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Mineral Wool/Ceramic Wool (Heat Insulation)
Much Know
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 23, 2015 3:50:11 PM

Anyone with info where i can get this material. That fluffy white/brown material used as heat insulation. Engineers, Architects, Technologist?
A New Kenya
Njung'e
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 23, 2015 6:13:38 PM

Much Know wrote:
Anyone with info where i can get this material. That fluffy white/brown material used as heat insulation. Engineers, Architects, Technologist?

Where do you want to use it? The white one is meant for brick to brick insulation, while the yellowish/greyish is okay with metal to metal or metal to brick insulation. When you go to the market, refer to Rockwool or Kaowool. Those are n names commonly known and used.There are other safer and cleaner options depending on where to be used. If you give extra details,i can advice for the cost of two cold onessmile. Meanwhile, try with EA chains, Marshall-Fowlers or Nyumba ya Chuma if you are within Nairobi.
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
Much Know
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 23, 2015 10:36:06 PM

Njung'e wrote:
Much Know wrote:

Where do you want to use it? The white one is meant for brick to brick insulation, while the yellowish/greyish is okay with metal to metal or metal to brick insulation. When you go to the market, refer to Rockwool or Kaowool. Those are n names commonly known and used.There are other safer and cleaner options depending on where to be used. If you give extra details,i can advice for the cost of two cold onessmile. Meanwhile, try with EA chains, Marshall-Fowlers or Nyumba ya Chuma if you are within Nairobi.

Thanks, actually kama rock wool na kaowool iko, i think ni sawa. I intend to use it for metal to metal and metal to brick. Safer, Cleaner? Please need to hear those options, ni ya oven, cold ones ni sawa, niko nairobi smile
A New Kenya
Njung'e
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2015 4:37:50 PM

Much Know wrote:
Njung'e wrote:
[quote=Much Know]Anyone with info where i can get this material. That fluffy white/brown material used as heat insulation. Engineers, Architects, Technologist?

Thanks, actually kama rock wool na kaowool iko, i think ni sawa. I intend to use it for metal to metal and metal to brick. Safer, Cleaner? Please need to hear those options, ni ya oven, cold ones ni sawa, niko nairobi smile

Rockwool/Kaowool will do then .We have other options such as silica slabs which are fairly light in weight and not as messy as the former, fire clay, which is fairly cheap.Others are Fondu/trimor refractory cement for inner walls which can be used with high temps metal fibres called Meltex. Unfortunately, Meltex is not locally available. Remember to seal tightly as this products are made of very fine fibre glass and are a health hazard when inhaled. Good luck.
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.