wazua Wed, May 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

saving with zimele
goodluck
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 24, 2010 9:50:19 AM

How are you guyz.I have some floating money in my payslip for the next 12 months(25,000).Kindly advice is it wise to save with Zimele or advice any other trust funds which would generate good interest at the end of the twelve months.Be sincere and faithful in your advice.
kadonye
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 24, 2010 11:25:28 AM

I had 12,000 back in 08.Invested 6,000 in money mkt n balanced fund equally thru zimele.I went to check my statement last week. My money mkt fund invstmt had grown by sh890 my balanced fund has dropped to some figure above 4000.if u aren't a gifted stockmarket investor maybe the money mkt fund would do if u want assurance of gettn the 25k back, but if for long term, go for balanced
What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing
se7en
#3 Posted : Friday, April 16, 2010 3:20:30 PM

goodluck... apart from stocks, a money market esque investment with 25k would be Zimele... next to that would be ICEA with 100k baam with 250k etc etc... only disclaimer with Zimele is you have to be there for at LEAST 3months to get the interest, you go for the chums before, you forfeit the interest...
alternatively plug it into stocks... in 12 months you'll be well over the 8% money market rate... unless you're looking at stability only
speak softly and carry a big stick, you will go far... Theodore Roosevelt
winniehope
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 21, 2010 12:59:48 PM

the Zimele unit trust is so far the only unit trust in kenya that caters for small scale investors, hence the only unit trust in which you can invest with the 25k.

The returns on the moneymarket fund are preety lucrative, standing at 8.5% p.a with absolutely no hidden costs or charges. as in all the fees n withholding tax have already been factored in...

That sounds like a preety good deal for someone with a short term goal for their money.
Pretty
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2010 12:35:11 PM

winniehope wrote:
the Zimele unit trust is so far the only unit trust in kenya that caters for small scale investors, hence the only unit trust in which you can invest with the 25k.

The returns on the moneymarket fund are preety lucrative, standing at 8.5% p.a with absolutely no hidden costs or charges. as in all the fees n withholding tax have already been factored in...

That sounds like a preety good deal for someone with a short term goal for their money.

@Goodluck and Winniehope
smile Both of you, if not one using two names, must be from Zimele and doing some cheap publicity here.

smile "with absolutely no hidden costs or charges"

smile "all the fees n withholding tax have already been factored in"

smile Huh! Zimele has serious fees. Give us the figures and taxes Winnie hope.

smile Put them down here

smile Anyone advising anyone to put money in the unit trust etc is a joker

smile When Zimele, Old Mutual etc take your money, they use a big chunk of it to pay rent on a monthly basis, pay salaries, put some of the same money in pension funds for their employees, pay extremely high fees or remuneration to actuarial scientists, medical covers, utility bills (Elec, water), security, and the list goes on.

smile These lazy bones are as good as parasites as they feed on other peoples hard earned cash and give back only a little to reduce your anxiety.

smile Why cant Zimele and the like borrow money from a bank and do the investing for themselves?

smile Why risk other peoples money without giving insurance over the same incase the market goes under?

smile And yet, the fund managers survive.

smile Winnie, you registered last week purposely to answer in favour of Zimele?

smile Never dare insult our intelligence again here. Okay?

>>>>>>
A thing of beauty is a joy for ever:
Its loveliness increases;
It will never pass into nothingness;
But still will keep a bower quiet for us,
and a sleep full of sweet dreams,
and health, and quiet breathing. - Keats

>>>>>>>In life,there are three classes of people,
1. Those who make things happen,
2. Those who watch things happen
3. And those who ask what happened.

Where do you fall?
XSK
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2010 1:22:22 PM

Pretty wrote:
winniehope wrote:

@Goodluck and Winniehope
smile Both of you, if not one using two names, must be from Zimele and doing some cheap publicity here.

smile with absolutely no hidden costs or charges

smile all the fees n withholding tax have already been factored in

smile Huh! Zimele has serious fees. Give us the figures and taxes Winnie hope.

smile Put them down where

smile Anyone advising anyone to put money in the unit trust etc is a joker

smile When Zimele, Old Mutual etc take your money, they use a big chunk of it to pay rent on a monthly basis, pay salaries, put some of the same money in pension funds for their employees, pay extremely high fees or remuneration to actuarial scientists, medical covers, utility bills (Elec, water), security, and the list goes on.

smile These lazy bones are as good as parasites as they feed on other peoples hard earned cash and give back only a little to reduce your anxiety.

smile Why cant Zimele and the like borrow money from a bank and do the investing for themselves?

smile Why risk other peoples money without giving insurance over the same incase the market goes under?

smile And yet, the fund managers survive.

smile Winnie, you registered last week purposely to answer in favour of Zimele?

smile Never dare insult our intelligence again here. Okay?

Hey Pretty nikii?
You will know that you have arrived when money and time are not mutually exclusive "events" in you life!
Pretty
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2010 7:02:57 AM

@XSK

smile Community policing entails we smoke out pretenders

smile How do you like it if your daughter is cheated by a married man.

smile Or some guy uses her and leaves her with burdens that change her life for worse?

smile Wouldn't it be better to deal with the man first as your daughter might be too naive to understand what serious relationships are all about.

smile Tell Winniehope to put down the amounts you pay Zimele if you deposit 100,000 with them in the Unit Trust.

smile Tell her to include all deductions including taxes as they are all factors of investments and returns

smile It is our duty to protect the dull, dumb and ignorant against wolves prowling for them.

smile Otherwise, the human race may cease to be a going concern.

smile And yet we claim to have a human heart, kind intentions, love for our fellow citizens

smile Where is Kinyee?

smile Go after these hope and goodluck girls
>>>>>>
A thing of beauty is a joy for ever:
Its loveliness increases;
It will never pass into nothingness;
But still will keep a bower quiet for us,
and a sleep full of sweet dreams,
and health, and quiet breathing. - Keats

>>>>>>>In life,there are three classes of people,
1. Those who make things happen,
2. Those who watch things happen
3. And those who ask what happened.

Where do you fall?
sheep
#8 Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2010 1:48:55 PM

8.5%pa lucrative? are u serious
The utimate goal of investing is to buy low sell high;if we re-write this core equation in psychology terms it becomes buy fear sell greed.
smano
#9 Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2010 2:37:57 PM

@Pretty, wsup, kwani it's been a bad day? Why don't you give goodluck the advantages of going elsewhere instead of a unit trust? Sounded pretty harsh!

Anyway, @goodluck, a money market fund is good for someone who wants to preserve their capital and make a better return than if their money was lying in a bank without the hustle of investing the money themselves (maybe you don't have the time). It's not for growth as evidenced by the return and clearly a small investment yields little. (890 for 12k since 2008 as someone pointed out).

However, you make more than putting it an a savings a/c.

@Winnie, I'm not sure that the returns published for unit trusts are for Zimele are net of annual managemenet fees and WHT (15%) which was introduced by KRA with effect from Dec 2009.

I understand why Pretty believes that anyone who invests with a fund manager is a joker but that does not mean you should n't know about unit trusts, after all, knowledge is power. At the end, the decision is yours.

BEER IS LIVING PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!
winniehope
#10 Posted : Wednesday, May 12, 2010 9:47:37 AM

@preety,
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion n i don't blame you for having such a strong one. however, not that i am defending myself because i dont need to, I'd like to advise that before u go calling people names or making false accusations you might want to get your facts right. I am not an employee of Zimele. However, I am an investor there, n the reason why i joined this group recently is because I am doing my thesis which happens to be on Collective Investment Schemes, of course because I imagined I'd get help from the members.

Back to the Zimele investment products,since u seem to be so misinformed, the management fees for the fund i invest in (money market fund) is 2% annually,n this is factored in the interest already. meaning that ideally the int. is actually 10.5%, but you get 8.5% after the deducted fees.note also, that this is the only fees charged. if u dont believe me u can google or search or whatever... or better yet, go to zimele yourself or to CMA and inquire. its a free country and CMA is very open to investors who have any querries about investments.

Also, im sure you understand the dynamics of investment, seeing that you have such strong opinions. may I indulge you in some benefits of holding units in a managed fund:
1. professional management hence taking advantage of privilleged info.
2. pooled funds hence greater returns-economies of scale.
3. increased diversification hence reduced risk.
4.regulations by CMA that prohibit fund managers to take certain risks eg. not to invest more than 5% in any single portfolio hence increasing safety of ur funds.
5. legal obligation to appoint a trustee meaning that colapse of fund manager would not affect your funds as investors hence avoiding a scenario such as what happened with some stock brokerage firms.
need I go on?coz i have all the time to indulge you. just say the word...

so preety, if u have the means and the ability to invest on your own by all means, please do. you will be avoiding the 2% charge anyway. but dont make things impossible for those who'd rather pay a small price of 2% for the greater benefit of wise investment,like im doing. n note that your alternative would be to put your money in the bank, at an average of 4.3% per year, make your choice...

finally, I meant no offence but I wish you'd do your homework before calling people wolves or what not. money is a sensitive issue, n i get where you're coming from;it almost seems as though you have a personal vendetta against me...also, I'd advise you visit the companies that offer unit trusts yourself and get informed better. Zimele gave me a personal advisor who took me thru it.

and that part of insulting your intellligence, well I believe i've done quite the opposite...

oh and I hope I did not step on anyone's toes. if I did, I apologise.
Mwafrika31
#11 Posted : Friday, June 18, 2010 6:07:11 AM

I invested over 100k 3 years ago with zimele unit trust. Major mistake, those jackasses have made such a huge loss that my investment has lost almost 45% of its value!!!! Plus their statement of account is so hard to understand that I think its deliberate. I STRONGLY URGE ALL OF YOU TO AVOID ZIMELE. Put your money in bonds, atleast its a guaranteed return.
edwinmukiri
#12 Posted : Saturday, July 04, 2015 8:45:18 PM

What is you take about saving money in Zimele today??? the posts i have seen here were for 2010 i need to here your opinion currently.
Bulls make money,bears make money and pigs get slaughtered.
Mukiri
#13 Posted : Tuesday, August 04, 2015 11:52:36 PM

edwinmukiri wrote:
What is you take about saving money in Zimele today??? the posts i have seen here were for 2010 i need to here your opinion currently.

Change is constant! In this case I'd say grammar. In 2010 there was only one question mark, after a question, not 3. The question mark(s), was then superseded by a capital letter, as was I when used by itself. In 2010 people requested by using 'Please' as opposed to 'Need'. However, the most important (unfortunate) change was that 'Hear' seemed to have lost to 'Here'.

All else remains constant.

Proverbs 19:21
merick
#14 Posted : Wednesday, August 05, 2015 11:17:34 AM

why not just put your money in fixed deposit iv seen adverts eg faulu-12.5% afya sacco- 12.5% and the only expense is withholding tax!!
Fomoney
#15 Posted : Thursday, August 06, 2015 4:26:40 PM

Mukiri wrote:
edwinmukiri wrote:

Change is constant! In this case I'd say grammar. In 2010 there was only one question mark, after a question, not 3. The question mark(s), was then superseded by a capital letter, as was I when used by itself. In 2010 people requested by using 'Please' as opposed to 'Need'. However, the most important (unfortunate) change was that 'Hear' seemed to have lost to 'Here'.

All else remains constant.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Le Financier
#16 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2015 9:56:57 AM

Mukiri Applause Applause Applause