wazua Fri, Apr 26, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages«<4567>
CBK governor nominee is Single.....
murchr
#101 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2015 2:11:34 AM

jaggernaut wrote:
http://www.nation.co.ke/news/CBK-boss-turns-down-juicy-perks/-/1056/2772408/-/mkf1fhz/-/index.html

C&P
The man in charge of Kenya’s money has turned down the offer to live in an expansive home in Nairobi’s Muthaiga and ride in a motorcade.

Dr Patrick Ngugi Njoroge, who took over as Central Bank of Kenya governor last week, will instead be housed in communal accommodation in Nairobi’s Loresho estate with his fellow members of Opus Dei (Latin Work of God), an institution of the Catholic church.

Dr Njoroge, who is turning out to be a man of exemplary modesty, has also turned down an office-issued high end smart phone, a bevy of security guards and three cars.

Central Bank governors have at their disposal a Range Rover, Mercedes Benz and a VW Passat.

In a country where appointment to public office is associated with opulence, demand for higher pay and motorcades, Dr Njoroge’s decision to pass up a chance to live in a house on two acres located in the city’s most exclusive suburb is a rare one.

Had he taken up the offer, some of his neighbours would have been former President Mwai Kibaki, the US ambassador, British high commissioner and former Attorney General Charles Njonjo.

Why is he entitled to those 2 guzzlers?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
harrydre
#102 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2015 4:51:15 AM

jaggernaut wrote:
http://www.nation.co.ke/news/CBK-boss-turns-down-juicy-perks/-/1056/2772408/-/mkf1fhz/-/index.html

C&P
The man in charge of Kenya’s money has turned down the offer to live in an expansive home in Nairobi’s Muthaiga and ride in a motorcade.

Dr Patrick Ngugi Njoroge, who took over as Central Bank of Kenya governor last week, will instead be housed in communal accommodation in Nairobi’s Loresho estate with his fellow members of Opus Dei (Latin Work of God), an institution of the Catholic church.

Dr Njoroge, who is turning out to be a man of exemplary modesty, has also turned down an office-issued high end smart phone, a bevy of security guards and three cars.

Central Bank governors have at their disposal a Range Rover, Mercedes Benz and a VW Passat.

In a country where appointment to public office is associated with opulence, demand for higher pay and motorcades, Dr Njoroge’s decision to pass up a chance to live in a house on two acres located in the city’s most exclusive suburb is a rare one.

Had he taken up the offer, some of his neighbours would have been former President Mwai Kibaki, the US ambassador, British high commissioner and former Attorney General Charles Njonjo.

Wow!
i.am.back!!!!
Njung'e
#103 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2015 8:18:18 AM

murchr wrote:
jaggernaut wrote:

C&P

Dr Njoroge, who is turning out to be a man of exemplary modesty,

Why is he entitled to those 2 guzzlers?

Other than for the name,this man is clearly not a fully blooded Kenyan.
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
Euge
#104 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2015 8:18:33 AM

jaggernaut wrote:

C&P

This is expected of him.
Lord, thank you!
KulaRaha
#105 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2015 9:45:13 AM

This guy wont last. The mafia dont need such honest guys.
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
Rahatupu
#106 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2015 9:57:44 AM

KulaRaha wrote:

Wapi nduruuuuuu!!!
muganda
#107 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2015 10:21:12 AM

Rahatupu wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Wapi nduruuuuuu!!!

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly very true @KulaRaha. Let's see. Kenyans' popular sentiment may surprise us & protect the man...
KulaRaha
#108 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2015 10:37:05 AM

muganda wrote:
Rahatupu wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Wapi nduruuuuuu!!!

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly very true @KulaRaha. Let's see. Kenyans' popular sentiment may surprise us & protect the man...

mafia dont care about Kenya or Kenyans. Mafia care about money, and stealing.

This guy is doomed.
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
maka
#109 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2015 10:41:00 AM

KulaRaha wrote:
muganda wrote:
Rahatupu wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Wapi nduruuuuuu!!!

mafia dont care about Kenya or Kenyans. Mafia care about money, and stealing.

This guy is doomed.

possunt quia posse videntur
whiteowl
#110 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2015 11:11:08 AM

KulaRaha wrote:

The mafia don't like him one bit but Opus Dei are equally powerful so he won't be a push over. He will finish his full term.
Wamunyota
#111 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2015 2:34:36 PM

harrydre wrote:
jaggernaut wrote:

C&P

Wow!

Applause Applause He should recruit other governors,Mps,senators,MCAs to join opus dei so that we can cut our recurrent expenditure.Ama ni upuzi tu?
Hutia Mundu!!
butterflyke
#112 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2015 2:55:15 PM

whiteowl wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

The mafia don't like him one bit but Opus Dei are equally powerful so he won't be a push over. He will finish his full term.

I commend him. However, this being Kenya, I would not be surprised if the costs of the perks which the governor will not be enjoying find their into the expenditure books of serkal. Sad
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. - Muhammad Ali🐝
Euge
#113 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2015 2:57:43 PM

whiteowl wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Very true.
Lord, thank you!
Wamunyota
#114 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2015 3:36:50 PM

butterflyke wrote:
whiteowl wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

I commend him. However, this being Kenya, I would not be surprised if the costs of the perks which the governor will not be enjoying find their into the expenditure books of serkal. Sad

Hio pesa iko kwa budget so lazima itumiwe otherwise next time budget itapunguzwa
Hutia Mundu!!
Kusadikika
#115 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2015 6:28:07 PM

jaggernaut wrote:

C&P

Wooooooi woooooi why does it rain in the sea??! Why are things given to those who don't need them?! Kama ni mimi I would still live with my Opus Dei brothers but I would still keep the mansion and the cars since they have already been bought and paid for. Then I would have three separate girlfriends, Wa Range Rover ni wa Friday, Wa Mercedes ni wa Sunday na wa Passat ni wa Wednesday. They would all be entertained at the mansion on their appointed days and they would never meet because they would all know that I live in Loresho with my Opus brothers.
Angelica _ann
#116 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2015 7:18:11 PM

This Governor is already causing unemployment instead of creating employment.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Impunity
#117 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2015 7:29:05 PM

Kusadikika wrote:
jaggernaut wrote:

C&P

Wooooooi woooooi why does it rain in the sea??! Why are things given to those who don't need them?! Kama ni mimi I would still live with my Opus Dei brothers but I would still keep the mansion and the cars since they have already been bought and paid for. Then I would have three separate girlfriends, Wa Range Rover ni wa Friday, Wa Mercedes ni wa Sunday na wa Passat ni wa Wednesday. They would all be entertained at the mansion on their appointed days and they would never meet because they would all know that I live in Loresho with my Opus brothers.

Opus Dei don't do such kind of things.

Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Kusadikika
#118 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2015 8:04:32 PM

Impunity wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:
jaggernaut wrote:

C&P

Opus Dei don't do such kind of things.

Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you

I am not suggesting he does anything sinister, just interview wife candidates should a need to marry ever arise, you know just like insurance, when you buy health insurance you don't plan on getting sick but just in case you do you know you are covered. This will also help not to waste the resources that have already been allocated to him.
ZZE123
#119 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2015 8:05:21 PM

Kusadikika wrote:
jaggernaut wrote:

C&P

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
The man who marries a beautiful woman, and the farmer who grows corn by the roadside have the same problem
Alba
#120 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2015 8:21:18 PM

I am very proud of my fellow alum. When I was in form one decades ago, our Maths teacher used to tell us about this Njoroge chap who was his classmate. About how he was basically a genius yet very self effacing and humble. I was unimpressed at the time. Now I see what all the praise was about.

I say Make him President. He is showing a level of selflessness that is completely foreign to Kenyans. Kenyans must be shocked at this.

We live in a country where 60% of urbanites live in slums yet bigwigs are lavished with unnecessary expensive perks. A country where everyone with a chance to loot public coffers or take a bribe will do so.

We need a movement:

Njoroge for Prezzi !