wazua Fri, Apr 26, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages<12345>
Greece is broke
murchr
#41 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2015 10:33:36 PM

Athens applies to European rescue fund for €29bn loan package in return for debt relief as midnight bail-out expiry looms.....and they will not pay

http://www.telegraph.co....-not-to-pay-the-IMF.html
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
murchr
#42 Posted : Wednesday, July 01, 2015 7:00:06 AM

Statement by the IMF on Greece

Press Release No.15/310

June 30, 2015

Mr. Gerry Rice, Director of Communications at the International Monetary Fund (IMF), made the following statement today regarding Greece’s financial obligations to the IMF due today:

“I confirm that the SDR 1.2 billion repayment (about EUR 1.5 billion) due by Greece to the IMF today has not been received. We have informed our Executive Board that Greece is now in arrears and can only receive IMF financing once the arrears are cleared.

“I can also confirm that the IMF received a request today from the Greek authorities for an extension of Greece’s repayment obligation that fell due today, which will go to the IMF’s Executive Board in due course.”

IMF COMMUNICATIONS DEPARTMENT

Public Affairs Media Relations
E-mail: publicaffairs@imf.org E-mail: media@imf.org
Fax: 202-623-6220 Phone: 202-623-7100
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
hisah
#43 Posted : Wednesday, July 01, 2015 8:19:07 AM

Default stage 1 complete. Next comes the Greferendum on July 5 to decide if it's a default?!?

I want a spectacular event. Boring show this since 2010.
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
Cde Monomotapa
#44 Posted : Wednesday, July 01, 2015 8:57:46 AM

hisah wrote:
Default stage 1 complete. Next comes the Greferendum on July 5 to decide if it's a default?!?

I want a spectacular event. Boring show this since 2010.

IMF for political ends, whether +ve or -ve only time will tell. Greeks should be more concerned about being kicked out the EUR, that's when they'll experience a real socio-economic rout.

The neighbors should prep. for migrant issues though with a 12Mn* popn. that should not be a problem.

This for the markets is just a blip, the press can fork & knife it for all its worth. Irrational plays can be profited too. Let's see.
Wakanyugi
#45 Posted : Wednesday, July 01, 2015 1:10:34 PM

After all that ego posturing, it seems like Tsiparas has caved in.

RINK.

I suppose he will have to resign now.
"The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth." (Niels Bohr)
murchr
#46 Posted : Wednesday, July 01, 2015 5:32:10 PM

Scramble for priority tickets by pensioners the max they can withdraw is 120 Euro. Most pensioners don't have ATM cards
whiteowl
#47 Posted : Wednesday, July 01, 2015 6:10:59 PM

murchr wrote:

Scramble for priority tickets by pensioners the max they can withdraw is 120 Euro. Most pensioners don't have ATM cards

The few I've spoken to are saying it's a very terrible state of affairs. When pensioners barely have enough money for food,you know you're next on the starvation list.I hope we all take the lessons learned from Greece and put our personal finance in order coz Kenya is heading to Greece in a few years.
newfarer
#48 Posted : Wednesday, July 01, 2015 6:30:40 PM

whiteowl wrote:
murchr wrote:

The few I've spoken to are saying it's a very terrible state of affairs. When pensioners barely have enough money for food,you know you're next on the starvation list.I hope we all take the lessons learned from Greece and put our personal finance in order coz Kenya is heading to Greece in a few years.

With an ever increasing budget deficit we will one day ground.
punda amecheka
Angelica _ann
#49 Posted : Wednesday, July 01, 2015 6:34:55 PM

newfarer wrote:
whiteowl wrote:
murchr wrote:

We have wealth in resources including oil.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
whiteowl
#50 Posted : Wednesday, July 01, 2015 8:28:41 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
newfarer wrote:
whiteowl wrote:
murchr wrote:

We have wealth in resources including oil.

Nigeria has oil and their budget deficit is ballooning but at least they're still able to pay pensioners. No amount of resources can save an economy if expenditure isn't prudent. What you need to ask yourself is how you and your family/ business can survive if banks were closed for 6 days and. withdrawal limited to 5000 shillings.
murchr
#51 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2015 5:34:32 AM

BBC wrote:
Eurozone finance ministers have ruled out any further talks on a fresh bailout for Greece until the country holds its referendum on Sunday.

Greeks will be asked to accept or reject proposals made by creditors last week, with Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras urging a "No" vote.

Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis accused the creditors of blackmail.

.......The European Commission - one of the "troika" of creditors along with the IMF and the ECB - wants Athens to raise taxes and cut welfare spending to meet its debt obligations.

This goose is completely cooked

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-33357382
Mainat
#52 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2015 6:29:50 AM

Greece has not yet defaulted. Its only in arrears
Sehemu ndio nyumba
hisah
#53 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2015 3:17:29 PM

Mainat wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
murchr
#54 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2015 6:15:47 PM

BBC wrote:
Greece's banks have now been closed to all but pensioners for four days but have reopened to allow pensioners - many of whom do not use bank cards - a one-off weekly withdrawal of up to €120.

Withdrawals from cash machines are capped at just €60 (£43; $66) a day.

Local media are reporting growing pressure on the economy, with businesses halting production because they are unable to pay suppliers, and some shops considering giving unpaid leave to staff.

At the stroke of midnight, queues form at cash machines as locals scramble to obtain their daily €60 ration.

Neighbours confer over which ATMs are still dispensing €20 bills - those with other denominations can only pay out €50 per day.
But despite the posters that adorn every tree and lamppost calling for "everyone to take to the streets", the large protests of the past few days have largely died down.

Are they "accepting and moving on"? I cannot imagine this torture over my money...
Cde Monomotapa
#55 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2015 6:50:48 PM

murchr wrote:
BBC wrote:
Greece's banks have now been closed to all but pensioners for four days but have reopened to allow pensioners - many of whom do not use bank cards - a one-off weekly withdrawal of up to €120.

Withdrawals from cash machines are capped at just €60 (£43; $66) a day.

Local media are reporting growing pressure on the economy, with businesses halting production because they are unable to pay suppliers, and some shops considering giving unpaid leave to staff.

At the stroke of midnight, queues form at cash machines as locals scramble to obtain their daily €60 ration.

Neighbours confer over which ATMs are still dispensing €20 bills - those with other denominations can only pay out €50 per day.
But despite the posters that adorn every tree and lamppost calling for "everyone to take to the streets", the large protests of the past few days have largely died down.

Are they "accepting and moving on"? I cannot imagine this torture over my money...

There's also the demographics at play, seems more seniors to youth. Inverse to Africa, a dividend we must capitalize on!
murchr
#56 Posted : Friday, July 03, 2015 7:42:29 AM

Greek banks down to €500m in cash reserves as economy crashes

The daily allowance of cash from many ATM machines has already dropped from €60 to €50, purportedly because €20 notes are running out

Greece is sliding into a full-blown national crisis as the final cash reserves of the banking system evaporate by the hour and swathes of industry start to shut down, precipitating the near disintegration of the ruling coalition.

Business leaders have been locked in talks with the Bank of Greece, pleading for the immediate release of emergency liquidity funds (ELA) to cover food imports and pharmaceutical goods before the tourist sector hits a brick wall.

Constantine Michalos, head of the Hellenic Chambers of Commerce, said lenders are simply running out of money. "We are reliably informed that the cash reserves of the banks are down to €500m. Anybody who thinks they are going to open again on Tuesday is day-dreaming. The cash would not last an hour," he said.
"We are in an extremely dangerous situation. Greek companies have been excluded from the electronic transfers of Europe's Target2 system. The entire Greek business community is unable to import anything, and without raw materials they can't produce anything,"
he said.

http://www.telegraph.co....-as-economy-crashes.html
quicksand
#57 Posted : Friday, July 03, 2015 8:16:35 AM

hisah wrote:
Mainat wrote:

It will be in default proper when a commercial yen obligation is not met on the 14th of July....I forget the amount, 1.4 billion euros I think. Things are thick.
quicksand
#58 Posted : Friday, July 03, 2015 8:44:32 AM

quicksand wrote:
hisah wrote:
Mainat wrote:

It will be in default proper when a commercial yen obligation is not met on the 14th of July....I forget the amount, 1.4 billion euros I think. Things are thick.

Got it ....from BusinessInsider
http://www.businessinsid...not-official-yet-2015-7
Quote:

We would declare a Greece default if and when the Greek central government missed a payment on a commercial obligation. Greece’s upcoming commercial debt payments include €2.0 billion in treasury bills due on July 10; €83 million on a Japanese yen obligation, due on July 14; and €71 million in interest, due on July 17 on a three-year commercial bond the government issued in July 2014. About €39 billion of Greece’s total medium- and long-term debt is commercial, representing 22% of GDP. All of the remaining €261 billion in debt (excluding €15 billion in treasury bills) is owed to official creditors”.

Impunity
#59 Posted : Friday, July 03, 2015 9:01:40 AM

quicksand wrote:
quicksand wrote:
hisah wrote:
Mainat wrote:

Got it ....from BusinessInsider
http://www.businessinsid...not-official-yet-2015-7
Quote:

We would declare a Greece default if and when the Greek central government missed a payment on a commercial obligation. Greece’s upcoming commercial debt payments include €2.0 billion in treasury bills due on July 10; €83 million on a Japanese yen obligation, due on July 14; and €71 million in interest, due on July 17 on a three-year commercial bond the government issued in July 2014. About €39 billion of Greece’s total medium- and long-term debt is commercial, representing 22% of GDP. All of the remaining €261 billion in debt (excluding €15 billion in treasury bills) is owed to official creditors”.

Some things do not add up!

Greece has a total cumulative debt of Euro: 340 Billion yet she could not pay Euro 1.5 last Tuesday!
I can say her creditors has got a chance of snowball in heol to get their debt paid back.

d'oh! d'oh!
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

hisah
#60 Posted : Friday, July 03, 2015 9:46:15 AM

My advice to Greece is to follow the Iceland route. Default, get out of the euro straitjacket and handcuff the banksters and their political aides. And while at it close the IMF office like Hungary. Reset everything, turn east (NDB/AIIB/EXIM) and in 5yrs the econ will be back to normal.

For the banksters chopping they should start here (Le Squid aka GS) to get to know how deep the rabbit hole is - http://www.spiegel.de/in...-true-debt-a-676634.html