Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

6 Pages«<3456>
Black Folk and Fear!
masukuma
#81 Posted : Wednesday, August 13, 2014 2:02:09 PM

kysse wrote:
masukuma wrote:

as you tafakari that... enjoy some Wingsuit Base Jumping smile smile smile

hata ukisema 'systems' hii ikibackfire hakuna system yakukubring back!

I have found myself flying like this in my dreams,it's the most amazing exp ever!
Not scary,worth a try, but such people often belong to some private club where they practice months in advance and that doesn't come cheap.

Now you need to grow around such environments to embrace skiing as a hobby then perfect it over time by doing outrageous stuff.

We are in the sahara.So what do we have?
Lakes-For fishing and not sports
Hills for- Caves/hiding ,Not hiking
We look at nature and think exploit instead of sports/adventure.

We are not sports oriented,we labour.Blame those who colonized us.smile
There must be a big shift in thinking first before we think about adventure.

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause and that is the point of this whole thread!!

All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Nabwire
#82 Posted : Thursday, August 14, 2014 3:06:53 AM

mkenyan wrote:
masukuma wrote:
mkenyan wrote:
washiku wrote:
Its death we fear. Death in Africa is shrouded with mystery, myths and innuendos. In Africa, people do not just die, they are either killed or cursed. Death in Africa is not really a part of life, it is a consequence of something not done or done, a curse from an unknown ancestor, a punishment...Graves are evil places where demons reside, wear fear corpses more than a gun flashing thug, yet a corpse can harm no nigger! In brief, anything that can cause death is avoided, just in case there is a curse on the way. You don't wanna accelerate it.

so non-africans are not afraid of death? nonsense on stilts.

everyone fears death to some degree but Africans fear the dead more than the living.

that generalisation, am sorry to say, is utter crap. seems the movies of a black person running away from danger while the white one running towards it to help has had some effect on your view of africans. and ironic coming from a guy who is always at the forefront of shouting for africans to stop thinking negatively about themselves.

Quite true, most people who make these types of utterances usually have inferiority complex issues. All black people are not the same, just like all white people are not the same. This post is assuming that most if not all white people will gleefully get on that rollercoaster, when that is just not the case. A white country boy from Mississippi will most certainly freak out at the sight of that contraption, while an LA kid will be counting the days until summer break so he can go ride one. It has a lot to do with culture and upbringing, Westerners generally shelter their kids from life especially when the kids are young. Its not unusual to find a mother holding a child so the child can ride on a swing or slide. Its ridiculous, all their life these kids live in a bubble that's why they rebel and go searching for adventure. An African child on the other hand is on their own once they hit 2 years and especially if they get younger siblings. Its all context.
Muriel
#83 Posted : Thursday, August 14, 2014 9:16:52 AM

Nabwire wrote:
mkenyan wrote:
masukuma wrote:
mkenyan wrote:
washiku wrote:
Its death we fear. Death in Africa is shrouded with mystery, myths and innuendos. In Africa, people do not just die, they are either killed or cursed. Death in Africa is not really a part of life, it is a consequence of something not done or done, a curse from an unknown ancestor, a punishment...Graves are evil places where demons reside, wear fear corpses more than a gun flashing thug, yet a corpse can harm no nigger! In brief, anything that can cause death is avoided, just in case there is a curse on the way. You don't wanna accelerate it.

so non-africans are not afraid of death? nonsense on stilts.

everyone fears death to some degree but Africans fear the dead more than the living.

that generalisation, am sorry to say, is utter crap. seems the movies of a black person running away from danger while the white one running towards it to help has had some effect on your view of africans. and ironic coming from a guy who is always at the forefront of shouting for africans to stop thinking negatively about themselves.

Quite true, most people who make these types of utterances usually have inferiority complex issues. All black people are not the same, just like all white people are not the same. This post is assuming that most if not all white people will gleefully get on that rollercoaster, when that is just not the case. A white country boy from Mississippi will most certainly freak out at the sight of that contraption, while an LA kid will be counting the days until summer break so he can go ride one. It has a lot to do with culture and upbringing, Westerners generally shelter their kids from life especially when the kids are young. Its not unusual to find a mother holding a child so the child can ride on a swing or slide. Its ridiculous, all their life these kids live in a bubble that's why they rebel and go searching for adventure. An African child on the other hand is on their own once they hit 2 years and especially if they get younger siblings. Its all context.

I agree.

One thing is as clear as day and as certain as rock, self hate is a bane of Africans.

"Africans are never good enough, like the others are. Look, you see?".

Negation of the Afrikana.
Lolest!
#84 Posted : Thursday, August 14, 2014 9:37:27 AM

fear of the dead
Quote:
A man told his friend to attend his burial dressed as a woman and asked another to light candles as his casket is lowered into his grave.

Thomas Karinga died after participating in an alcohol-drinking competition on Sunday August 10, 2014.
It emerged he had made several demands to be fulfilled during his burial.
A friend, Mr Mukuha wa Njeri came dressed as an "attractive woman" complete with a hair wig and a mini dress.
It also emerged that Limuru MP John Kiragu had promised to have the late Karinga fitted deceased with artificial teeth.

http://www.nation.co.ke/...2/-/15pke11/-/index.html
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
AlphDoti
#85 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2014 6:46:02 PM

Did someone say black man is a fearful dude? Yaani jumping from 100 feet with just a vine tied to you ankles! Hata mimi siwezi...

And engineer @impunity cannot even climb the Safaricom Tower next to our house Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Quote:
Bungee jumping is for wusses… at least compared to the men who live in Vanuatu, a small island nation in the middle of the South Pacific. Here the men take place in a yearly harvest ritual called Land Diving.

Around April or May, villages will build crude wooden towers reaching heights of 100 feet or more. After the tower is completed, a few men will volunteer to scale it. The men then tie a vine first on a platform on the tower and then around their ankles. Summoning all the courage they have, the men dive from the platform headfirst. The divers reach speeds of 45 miles an hour as they plummet to the ground.

The goal of the jump is to land close enough to the ground that the diver’s shoulders touch the ground. Any miscalculation on the length of the vine means either serious injury or death.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=l0Mq6rCfYtU[/YOUTUBE]

Video
masukuma
#86 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2015 9:04:13 PM

Wile E. Cayote must be white
Bigchick
#87 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2015 9:13:43 PM

masukuma wrote:

Wile E. Cayote must be white

Imagine the picture gives me kizunguzungu.
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
masukuma
#88 Posted : Wednesday, April 06, 2016 8:44:44 PM

Here is a video that made me ask myself... mwafrika anaweza hii kazi?

then I remembered Charles Obbo's article
Quote:
But we were not done yet with the subject of suicide bombers. A speaker said that it is not just Nigerian female suicide bombers who are a new disturbing trend. Even male Nigerian suicide bombers are a recent phenomenon.

He quipped that Nigerians are not known for self-sacrifice. Nigerians might die in a cause, but not for a cause, he said.

He had a point, though, on Africans and suicide bombing. After the September 11, 2001, terror attacks on the World Trade Centre in New York, world airports went into overdrive on security.

At that time I was editor at the Monitor in Uganda. One of our colleagues was flying through Amsterdam and the passenger in front of him, who was an African, was hassled by airport security.

He was a very stubborn chap, so when it was his turn and they were asking him to remove his cap, jacket, and other things, he spoke up.

“You are wasting your time frisking Africans,” he said. “An African cannot be a suicide bomber. Eh, tell me, have you ever heard of an African suicide bomber?”

The security officers were thrown off guard and quickly waved him through.

At that time you would be hard put to name an African suicide bomber. Today, the list of African suicide bombers, from Somalia, Nigeria, to Egypt, would fill a small book.

I asked him later in the safety of Kampala, whether he was really serious. Yes, he said.

The reason there were no, or few, African suicide bombers (at that point), was also the reason African presidents did not really have to worry about being assassinated despite the big security show around them.

Africans, he said, are generally very pragmatic and instrumentalist about these things. They tended to mostly do things that, if they delivered, they would be able to reap the benefits on earth.

Being a suicide bomber, he said, was “unAfrican” because being successful meant dying, and someone else would enjoy the fruits of your achievement.

Assassinating a president presented the same problem. Only those who are sure they themselves would be the next president have the most incentive to pull the trigger.

But the chances of that are slim, so presidential assassinations, outside the context of a coup, are extremely rare in Africa.

I also struggle to to see images of middle aged men suffering during famines. What we see are images of the old, women and children... if I could paraphrase Charles
Quote:
Africans men are generally very pragmatic and instrumentalist about these things.
harrydre
#89 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 5:31:18 AM

masukuma wrote:

Ha! Isn't this the guy who was eaten sometime ago?
i.am.back!!!!
masukuma
#90 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 8:15:03 AM

harrydre wrote:
masukuma wrote:

he was eaten? you see... we are very pragmatic on these matters!
kayhara
#91 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 8:16:45 AM

harrydre wrote:
masukuma wrote:

Lolhe was eaten? Can just imagine, sawa a video of an indian guy eaten by a tiger in a zoo before being rescued.
If I came across 3 lions my knee caps would finish energy piu piu, my behind would lose elasticity and bladder would empty and then I would die even before the king licks me.
To Each His Own
masukuma
#92 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 8:41:46 AM

Kevin Richardson seems very much alive!!
by the way even african can do crazy things but we know when to "let go"

very pragmatic
Swenani
#93 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 10:31:57 AM

kayhara wrote:
harrydre wrote:
masukuma wrote:

Lolhe was eaten? Can just imagine, sawa a video of an indian guy eaten by a tiger in a zoo before being rescued.
If I came across 3 lions my knee caps would finish energy piu piu, my behind would lose elasticity and bladder would empty and then I would die even before the king licks me.

Nothing extra ordinary about hugging lions,below is all you need to do
1. Feed the lions properly with sufficient meat to ensure they are full
2. Walk to them and hug and pat them

Tell that guy to try playing with them when they are hungry
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
harrydre
#94 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2016 1:08:18 AM

well then I think it could be the same park but I remember a US tourist getting mauled and killed in SA by Lions. They tried that stunt.
i.am.back!!!!
masukuma
#95 Posted : Thursday, July 07, 2016 7:18:30 PM

hihihi... Si Yesu ameitwa?
harrydre
#96 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2016 2:56:23 PM

masukuma
#97 Posted : Tuesday, October 04, 2016 9:33:26 PM

these slingshots are quite something
masukuma
#98 Posted : Tuesday, October 04, 2016 9:48:58 PM

that slingshot is quite the ride
harrydre
#99 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2018 9:02:03 PM

Could someone find a video of black folk flying in these wingsuits? i am curious smile

i.am.back!!!!
Shak
#100 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2018 4:08:27 PM

masukuma wrote:

these slingshots are quite something

I watched one in which one of the cables snapped. Too scary