wazua Sun, Oct 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

773 Pages«<9293949596>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
VituVingiSana
#1861 Posted : Tuesday, June 09, 2015 1:03:22 PM

RyanAir isn't about comfort but value. They are like a dignified (profitable) matatu. My 2 cents are that KQ should operate within Africa like RyanAir. Cheap fares but charge for (extra) luggage, etc...
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Cde Monomotapa
#1862 Posted : Tuesday, June 09, 2015 1:35:46 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
RyanAir isn't about comfort but value. They are like a dignified (profitable) matatu. My 2 cents are that KQ should operate within Africa like RyanAir. Cheap fares but charge for (extra) luggage, etc...

Fly Jambojet..
obiero
#1863 Posted : Tuesday, June 09, 2015 1:37:20 PM

Boris Boyka wrote:
maka wrote:
kumeumana....

I once told Obiero it will hit 5/- can't recall post #.....Its coming.

kunyolewa nayo.. 6.40! kweli leo kumenuka

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 23,800 ABP 6.45
Cde Monomotapa
#1864 Posted : Tuesday, June 09, 2015 2:15:22 PM

Cde Monomotapa wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Fly Jambojet..

Also, let's discuss KQ as it is. A 35 fleet of new tech. craft. Embraer (short haul) & Boeing (long haul). You know, even in driving school they encourage one to use the shortest route. That's why being at the Equator helps in-intra-Africa-outbound.

I also agree KQ should look at it's pricing strategy, however, in some of the comparisons I've come across do take into account which hub/stop over the airline must pass. If it's worth it to 'pay less' but spend more travel time then well and good. (#AskKenya1 - reason US direct has to happen & or [via] Brazil too!)
hisah
#1865 Posted : Tuesday, June 09, 2015 2:38:36 PM

KQ cartoon Pray Pray

Below 6 handle is a shoe in Sad Those results will definitely be a shocker!
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
VituVingiSana
#1866 Posted : Tuesday, June 09, 2015 3:21:40 PM

Cde Monomotapa wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Fly Jambojet..
Not pan-African. It should be but KQ will stifle its growth coz of loss of passengers. When I want to fly to Entebbe, I don't need the luggage allowance nor soda for the 1 hour flight!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Boris Boyka
#1867 Posted : Tuesday, June 09, 2015 8:06:40 PM

obiero wrote:
Boris Boyka wrote:
maka wrote:
kumeumana....

Pole mblatha...i don't enjoy friends being shafted. Anyway you similar to a friend i warned not marry a certain campasarian having given him evidence n future likelyhood....He was dumped a broke bugger repaying a topped up loan for 6 years. The bar business..she brought kina swenani to bend over her and enjoy on the guys bill. f*** lifes lessons.
Everybody STEALS, a THIEF is one who's CAUGHT stealing something of LITTLE VALUE. !!!
obiero
#1868 Posted : Tuesday, June 09, 2015 8:41:49 PM

Boris Boyka wrote:
obiero wrote:
Boris Boyka wrote:
maka wrote:
kumeumana....

Pole mblatha...i don't enjoy friends being shafted. Anyway you similar to a friend i warned not marry a certain campasarian having given him evidence n future likelyhood....He was dumped a broke bugger repaying a topped up loan for 6 years. The bar business..she brought kina swenani to bend over her and enjoy on the guys bill. f*** lifes lessons.

Asante bro.. Wish I had more money though, ningalinunua!

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 23,800 ABP 6.45
Cde Monomotapa
#1869 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2015 7:15:15 AM

@VVS A great read for you here...

Quote:
New figures show airlines’ profits are up, but two of the American airlines with huge profits also have terrible customer service satisfaction.

The two most profitable airlines — American Airlines and United Airlines — have abysmal customer service satisfaction scores, as you can see from the chart.

That may seem counterintuitive, and it’s important to note some exceptions to this rule. But a side-by-side examination of the latest American Customer Service Index (ACSI) and the earnings of the major airlines, as measured by net income and operating margin, point to some noteworthy patterns.

“Passengers often assume that improving airline customer satisfaction and financial performance go hand in hand,” says Kendall Creighton, a spokeswoman for FlyersRights.org, an organization that advocates for air travelers. “They assume that satisfied customers are good for business.”

But in many cases, she notes, an airline’s customer satisfaction levels appear to be inversely related to profits. The higher the profits, the worse the scores. The more modest the profits, the higher the customer satisfaction.

“The highest rated airline, JetBlue, with a customer service score of 81, had an operating margin of 9 percent,” says Kevin Mitchell, whose Business Travel Coalition advocates for corporate travelers. “The lowest rated, Spirit, with a score of 54, had an operating margin of 19 percent.”

Of course, there are notable exceptions. Airlines like Alaska, Delta and Southwest have managed to strike a balance between profits and happy passengers. “The key for customers is what the airline does with the profits,” says Seth Kaplan, editor of Airline Weekly. “Delta has gotten itself into a virtuous cycle of earning good profits, some of which is reinvested into its product and into technology that has enabled it to run a very reliable airline with very impressive on-time stats and very few lost bags,” he says. “Customers have rewarded it by – Delta says, and this seems to be true – being willing to pay a bit more to fly Delta than to fly its less reliable competitors.”
http://fortune.com/2015/...good-news-for-consumers/
VituVingiSana
#1870 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2015 10:39:57 AM

@cde - Asante. I have flown Delta & it is better than many of its mainline competitors in the USA. What I liked was the Customer Service Reps could help you out if you were stuck, late, etc. Mistakes were acknowledged & passengers 'rewarded' or compensated. Plus they make money! KQ may learn valuable lessons from Delta on how to serve the intra-Africa market.

[quote=Cde Monomotapa]@VVS A great read for you here...

Quote:
New figures show airlines’ profits are up, but two of the American airlines with huge profits also have terrible customer service satisfaction.

The two most profitable airlines — American Airlines and United Airlines — have abysmal customer service satisfaction scores, as you can see from the chart.

That may seem counterintuitive, and it’s important to note some exceptions to this rule. But a side-by-side examination of the latest American Customer Service Index (ACSI) and the earnings of the major airlines, as measured by net income and operating margin, point to some noteworthy patterns.

“Passengers often assume that improving airline customer satisfaction and financial performance go hand in hand,” says Kendall Creighton, a spokeswoman for FlyersRights.org, an organization that advocates for air travelers. “They assume that satisfied customers are good for business.”

But in many cases, she notes, an airline’s customer satisfaction levels appear to be inversely related to profits. The higher the profits, the worse the scores. The more modest the profits, the higher the customer satisfaction.

“The highest rated airline, JetBlue, with a customer service score of 81, had an operating margin of 9 percent,” says Kevin Mitchell, whose Business Travel Coalition advocates for corporate travelers. “The lowest rated, Spirit, with a score of 54, had an operating margin of 19 percent.”

Of course, there are notable exceptions. Airlines like Alaska, Delta and Southwest have managed to strike a balance between profits and happy passengers. “The key for customers is what the airline does with the profits,” says Seth Kaplan, editor of Airline Weekly. “Delta has gotten itself into a virtuous cycle of earning good profits, some of which is reinvested into its product and into technology that has enabled it to run a very reliable airline with very impressive on-time stats and very few lost bags,” he says. “Customers have rewarded it by – Delta says, and this seems to be true – being willing to pay a bit more to fly Delta than to fly its less reliable competitors.”
http://fortune.com/2015/...ood-news-for-consumers/[/quote]
Afroblk
#1871 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2015 11:37:26 AM

Lufthansa returns to Nairobi after 18-year absence. A return ticket will cost EUR649 (about Sh71,350). KQ needs to be competitive in this market.

http://www.businessdaily.../-/10s2huj/-/index.html

Regardless of this, KQ is a must buy and hold. At today's trading price of KES 6.30 this is a long term look. This is not a bus for the weak.
Knowledge is contagious...Infect truth!
maka
#1872 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2015 11:45:30 AM

Afroblk wrote:
Lufthansa returns to Nairobi after 18-year absence. A return ticket will cost EUR649 (about Sh71,350). KQ needs to be competitive in this market.

Regardless of this, KQ is a must buy and hold. At today's trading price of KES 6.30 this is a long term look. This is not a bus for the weak.

Currently watching Business Traveler,Richard Quest talking about South West Airlines and why they are profitable...Interesting.
possunt quia posse videntur
Thiong'o
#1873 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2015 12:33:46 PM

maka wrote:
Afroblk wrote:

Currently watching Business Traveler,Richard Quest talking about South West Airlines and why they are profitable...Interesting.

KQ is good long-term and NOT grinding to halt like these guys http://mobile.nation.co....ormat/xhtml/-/1k9gcc/-/ . If this thing http://money.cnn.com/201...on=money_news_companies will fly, how about our KQ’s with better prospects and nway even Hongkong and Shangai Banking Corporation is laying off staff http://cnnphilippines.co...to-shed-50000-jobs.html .
Thiong'o
#1874 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2015 1:39:48 PM

6.15 eh!
maka
#1875 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2015 2:36:57 PM

Thiong'o wrote:
6.15 eh!

Bado results...Sad
VituVingiSana
#1876 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2015 10:34:31 PM

#SuicideWatch for @obiero
Impunity
#1877 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2015 4:13:21 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
#SuicideWatch for @obiero

smile smile
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

maka
#1878 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2015 2:17:39 PM

http://www.360nobs.com/2...bscom+%28360Nobs.com%29

Posted by @ Swenani huko green section...
winmak
#1879 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2015 3:44:51 PM

He raises valid points but in typical Nigerian arrogance "too sophisticated to be impressed by hotels"... "Passengers from African biggest economy"... They should first have a national carrier before lecturing us on how to run one...
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
kiash
#1880 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2015 4:11:07 PM

winmak wrote:
He raises valid points but in typical Nigerian arrogance "too sophisticated to be impressed by hotels"... "Passengers from African biggest economy"... They should first have a national carrier before lecturing us on how to run one...

Before you yellll just watch the interview with the ambasandor huko lagosso

https://www.youtube.com/...&list=TLQHCTjhVDoqk

He says the guys are big spendors, maybe like our rich Luos.I think KQ has to change the way they do things here.I watched a doc on several airlines and the conclusion was the big carriers survive on business class passangers na sio economy guys.Having flown KQ,i think the guy has a point.Hii hoteli ni ile near Airtel can't remember the name,Slept there once courtesy of KQ.