Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

773 Pages«<9192939495>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
VituVingiSana
#1841 Posted : Wednesday, June 03, 2015 11:46:20 PM

obiero wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
hii pesa nimeweka KQ si mingi jameni.. tulieni tuli muone mchezo wa hisa ukichezwa

I feel you . Enyewe Ni mob . It's good you diversified

Its bad to compare myself with other shareholders, but GoK has pumped in 4.5B and KLM a further 5.5B in just one week.. Hii kitu si kama Access Kenya www.businessdailyafrica....12/-/gxonmh/-/index.html
True. Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly because:

Access shareholders managed to bail out at 14/- (+ 10% bonus shares so add 1.40) and even got some dividends in between. The IPO was at 10/-

KQ - No dividends for 2-3 years. None expected this year. Nor next year. The price is below the IPO price of 11.25 and much lower than the Rights price of 14/-

So yes, "Hii kitu si kama Access Kenya"
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Boris Boyka
#1842 Posted : Thursday, June 04, 2015 5:39:05 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
hii pesa nimeweka KQ si mingi jameni.. tulieni tuli muone mchezo wa hisa ukichezwa
Well, then pump in more into KQ. Don't let that falling panga miss you!

@Obiero i know the money is yours but hii KQ si (Duale).
Everybody STEALS, a THIEF is one who's CAUGHT stealing something of LITTLE VALUE. !!!
obiero
#1843 Posted : Thursday, June 04, 2015 6:52:38 AM

Boris Boyka wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

Hehe. @Vvs anaongea kama wale watu wa kuosha maiti.. Why soo gloomy? KQ haijakufa bana

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 23,800 ABP 6.45
VituVingiSana
#1844 Posted : Thursday, June 04, 2015 2:43:07 PM

obiero wrote:
Boris Boyka wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

Hehe. @Vvs anaongea kama wale watu wa kuosha maiti.. Why soo gloomy? KQ haijakufa bana
Bado. Lakini, Stage 4 Cancer.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Thiong'o
#1845 Posted : Thursday, June 04, 2015 3:04:13 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Boris Boyka wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

The price is at rock bottom and actually lower than IPO price but initiatives like these http://www.businessdaily...2/-/gxonmh/-/index.html will definitely change the fortunes for better…

Impunity
#1846 Posted : Friday, June 05, 2015 12:07:58 PM

Still inside the woods!

Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

maka
#1847 Posted : Friday, June 05, 2015 1:27:15 PM

Thiong'o wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Boris Boyka wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

The price is at rock bottom and actually lower than IPO price but initiatives like these http://www.businessdaily...2/-/gxonmh/-/index.html will definitely change the fortunes for better…

The views expressed under the story are every interesting...
possunt quia posse videntur
Boris Boyka
#1848 Posted : Friday, June 05, 2015 9:36:55 PM

Admin or whomever..change this to QObieroways why ignore..in honour of Collins Obiero.
Everybody STEALS, a THIEF is one who's CAUGHT stealing something of LITTLE VALUE. !!!
obiero
#1849 Posted : Friday, June 05, 2015 10:59:28 PM

Boris Boyka wrote:
Admin or whomever..change this to QObieroways why ignore..in honour of Collins Obiero.

Haha.. Why honor me now. The stock has been said to be on its death bed. I'd prefer u thank me later

streetwise
#1850 Posted : Saturday, June 06, 2015 12:01:24 PM

We're is Nail uni in this mess. He must have handed over a dead hose
Thiong'o
#1851 Posted : Saturday, June 06, 2015 1:21:22 PM

maka wrote:
Thiong'o wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Boris Boyka wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

The views expressed under the story are every interesting...

By singling out the finance guy as baggage, these commentators can at times be ruthless. Nway,he has no goodwill even our own @VVV has not had a soft spot for him
streetwise
#1852 Posted : Saturday, June 06, 2015 1:45:37 PM

I did know what dead stock. KQ dead squared
ProverB
#1853 Posted : Monday, June 08, 2015 8:53:25 AM

Five years since this post first went up...and Kenya Airways has degenerated to an abyss of investors money.
At time for first post, KQ was trading at 54...(not factoring in rights issue)..it closed at 7 on Friday..

They are still unable to draw in revenues beyond costs of getting those revenues.

They are unable to contain staff costs thanks to inability to reduce salaries as well as negotiate cutting workforce

They remain more focused on fighting competition and looking good than address operational inefficiencies

Mbuvi Ngunze...Current CEO was amongst key strategists of the waste that was mawingu project

The only rationale for buying KQ is: National Career, and government unlikely to let it crush. Sad indeed

A speculator's galore.

I am actually sad to even post on KQ Sad
..Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven...Matt5:16
- 1769 Oxford King James Bible 'Authorized Version
Cde Monomotapa
#1854 Posted : Monday, June 08, 2015 2:20:25 PM

Cde Monomotapa wrote:

AWAS to acquire and then lease three 787-8 Dreamliners to Kenya Airways

Quote:
30APR2015 AWAS announced today that it has agreed to a purchase and leaseback transaction for three 787-8 Dreamliners with the flag carrier of Kenya, Kenya Airways. These aircraft were originally ordered by the airline directly from the manufacturer and the first of the three aircraft has delivered today.

http://www.aviator.aero/...&utm_medium=twitter

Quote:
Aviation Finance Company Closes $180M Senior Secured Debt Deal for AWAS

Second private placement through AFC marks AWAS first acquisition of Boeing 787 Dreamliner

DUBLIN – May 4, 2015 – Aviation Finance Company (AFC) closed a senior secured private placement of $180 million for two new Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner Aircraft, the company announced today. This is the second private placement closed for AWAS within the last year. The Boeing 787 Dreamliner is a long-range, mid-size dual aisle, twin engine jet airliner and is considered Boeing’s most fuel efficient aircraft. The aircraft will be owned by AWAS and leased to Kenya Airways.

https://avfinco.com/avia...ured-debt-deal-for-awas/
obiero
#1855 Posted : Monday, June 08, 2015 7:15:47 PM

@cde bwana unatupatia old news.. weka kitu fresh yenye itaboost share as we await full year results in 17 days time

Mainat
#1856 Posted : Tuesday, June 09, 2015 7:15:42 AM

Interesting pt made by A Khan about the Turkish Airways. I always thought a big airline would take interest in the African market and then KQ's story would be different
Sehemu ndio nyumba
Cde Monomotapa
#1857 Posted : Tuesday, June 09, 2015 7:54:33 AM

Mainat wrote:
Interesting pt made by A Khan about the Turkish Airways. I always thought a big airline would take interest in the African market and then KQ's story would be different

KQ should take the lesson from Turkish of how to be a hub carrier and super-connector. Turkish's core story - Geographical location. The Equator runs smack central of Kenya!

Expanding for sake of capacity absorption rather than sustainability results in such overtime ETIHAD Reduces Lagos Service from July 2015

As Ngunze said, the future of airlines is in consolidation. Thus, partner with the indigenous Africa operators and everybody is happy*.
VituVingiSana
#1858 Posted : Tuesday, June 09, 2015 12:41:13 PM

Cde Monomotapa wrote:
Mainat wrote:

KQ should take the lesson from Turkish of how to be a hub carrier and super-connector. Turkish's core story - Geographical location. The Equator runs smack central of Kenya!

Expanding for sake of capacity absorption rather than sustainability results in such overtime ETIHAD Reduces Lagos Service from July 2015

As Ngunze said, the future of airlines is in consolidation. Thus, partner with the indigenous Africa operators and everybody is happy*.

Being on the equator doesn't help as much as being in the 'center' of an area with growing economies AND folks who can afford to fly. That said, KQ has lost the plot in Africa. The (financial) reality is that we [Kenyans/Africans] will often choose PRICE over comfort. The 1,200 bus over the 1,500 bus. That 300/- savings is worth the discomfort for many.

KQ should have gone the Delta way. Buy the cheapest [even if older] planes whose cost of maintenance [cannibalize other planes] and finance costs offset the comfy/fancy 787s used for intra-africa (5 hour) flights. Delta bought a huge fleet of (cheap) older planes then spent on installing comfier seats + customer service & is now a profitable firm.

The smaller planes are easier to fill, pilots are available and can fly multiple times/day i.e. 2x flights thus more flexible schedules e.g. AM & PM flights vs one 787 once/day.
maka
#1859 Posted : Tuesday, June 09, 2015 12:48:38 PM

kumeumana....
possunt quia posse videntur
Boris Boyka
#1860 Posted : Tuesday, June 09, 2015 12:53:57 PM

maka wrote:
kumeumana....

I once told Obiero it will hit 5/- can't recall post #.....Its coming.