wazua Fri, Apr 26, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

65 Pages«<89101112>»
Briatm, Britam, Britam sounds like sweet candy!
hisah
#181 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2015 6:16:31 PM

bomet_investor wrote:
My BRITAM position is now down 33% and by the end of the week it could be down more. I am the least worried about this, in fact i hope it hits kshs. 10, then i will load up on BRITAM like there is not tommorow then sit and wait for this Mauritius shit to run its course. Nothing in the fundamentals of this company has changed, all this Bramer Bank stuff has nothing to do with BRITAM. Eventually, the stock will find its way back to its right price. Unless of course there is more that we don't know.

Have you priced in the risk of the share getting suspended or worse delisted? If not reevaluate your risk model. Always plan for worst case scenarios so that you gauge if you can stand such a shock event.
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
Mainat
#182 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2015 6:04:18 AM

I recall a discussion here re Cytonn. I maintain the issues are with the Britam peeps not with Cytonn
Sehemu ndio nyumba
Kastone
#183 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2015 9:03:45 AM

hisah wrote:
bomet_investor wrote:
My BRITAM position is now down 33% and by the end of the week it could be down more. I am the least worried about this, in fact i hope it hits kshs. 10, then i will load up on BRITAM like there is not tommorow then sit and wait for this Mauritius shit to run its course. Nothing in the fundamentals of this company has changed, all this Bramer Bank stuff has nothing to do with BRITAM. Eventually, the stock will find its way back to its right price. Unless of course there is more that we don't know.

Have you priced in the risk of the share getting suspended or worse delisted? If not reevaluate your risk model. Always plan for worst case scenarios so that you gauge if you can stand such a shock event.

De-listing is not likely. However, if found guilty the guy might be forced to sell his shareholding which stands at 20%. Imagine that!
“The beauty of success is that it doesn’t matter how many times you have failed, you only have to be right once and then everyone can tell you how lucky you are.” - Mark Cuban
mwenza
#184 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2015 9:25:32 AM

hisah wrote:
bomet_investor wrote:

@hisah... Clearly not everybody witnessed the collapse of KFB.
IF YOU EXPECT ME TO POST ANYTHING POSITIVE ABOUT ASENO, YOU MAY AS WELL SIT ON A PIN
Realtreaty
#185 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2015 4:04:28 PM

bomet_investor wrote:

Sad Sad Sad
@ Bomet...you are a good Vulture or Fisi. Today is a positive note and in green.
Remember Professor Obel when he tested the first aids medicine that could reduce the virus multiplication and we black Kenyans doctors and sharp guys went for his head. He was bought by America and we now buy Antirovirus from America.
Those sitting ducks who betrayed him are poorer than him today and some are dead from the aids virus
Sad Does it make any sense- we kenyans sacrifice our own for the benefit of others who never pay back but despise us.
Kenyan IRA and AKI are moving faster that the agrieved Mauritians to fight our own.
Realtreaty
#186 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2015 4:23:37 PM

Pray Pray It will NEVER GONNA BE A CANDY CRUSH here. Wairegi ought to make it clear. For Kenya and Britam its business as usual. Bramer and Britam are two different entities. Bramer bank is never a Kenyan firm.
Tall Order
#187 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2015 9:34:19 AM

Interesting point you have @Realtreaty, it should be business as usual here in Kenya as far as Britam is concerned. In fact if not for the PE the price should stay within the 20s.

However should Dawood Rawat - the single largest shareholder be forced to sell all his stake, then the supply might flood the market and significantly out-way the demand unless done in bits and that could drive the price down.
ike
#188 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2015 10:10:33 AM

Realtreaty wrote:
bomet_investor wrote:

Sad Sad Sad
@ Bomet...you are a good Vulture or Fisi. Today is a positive note and in green.
Remember Professor Obel when he tested the first aids medicine that could reduce the virus multiplication and we black Kenyans doctors and sharp guys went for his head. He was bought by America and we now buy Antirovirus from America.
Those sitting ducks who betrayed him are poorer than him today and some are dead from the aids virus
Sad Does it make any sense- we kenyans sacrifice our own for the benefit of others who never pay back but despise us.
Kenyan IRA and AKI are moving faster that the agrieved Mauritians to fight our own.

ike
#189 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2015 10:11:45 AM

Realtreaty wrote:
bomet_investor wrote:

Sad Sad Sad

VituVingiSana
#190 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2015 10:28:31 AM

Tall Order wrote:
Interesting point you have @Realtreaty, it should be business as usual here in Kenya as far as Britam is concerned. In fact if not for the PE the price should stay within the 20s.

However should Dawood Rawat - the single largest shareholder be forced to sell all his stake, then the supply might flood the market and significantly out-way the demand unless done in bits and that could drive the price down.
I have a feeling that the current (major) shareholders of Britam are plotting a takeover of the 20%. I prefer a sale on the NSE so I can get some at a cheap(er) price.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
MoneyMonger
#191 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2015 3:27:11 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Tall Order wrote:

I have a feeling that the current (major) shareholders of Britam are plotting a takeover of the 20%. I prefer a sale on the NSE so I can get some at a cheap(er) price.

@VituVingiSana I am of the same wish smile
There is nothing as dangerous as an Idea, when there is only one Idea
Realtreaty
#192 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2015 5:33:28 PM

MoneyMonger wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Tall Order wrote:

@VituVingiSana I am of the same wish smile

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
This is a stock that will always fly like JAP bird.Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Its coming down to twenty is when a flying hawk swerves down to look for food and warmth.
bomet_investor
#193 Posted : Saturday, April 25, 2015 10:56:06 PM

There will be no delisting, why would would there be? BRITAM has done nothing wrong, the only thing is that 23% shareholder is caught up in the Ponz scheme in Mauritius. At worst, the guy will be forced to sell his 23% stake at BRITAM which he will probably fight in court and will take years to resolve. Also, if he were to sell, it would never be done in the open market. It will be sold privately to "strategic investor" Or the Company itself could buy back the shares and retire them, this will be a win to the investors already in. Or they could do a rights issue, distribute it equally to existing shareholders. Go check who the owners of BRITAM are; Wairegi (6%), Dr. James Mwangi(4%), Jimna Mbaru (10%), Peter Munga(4%). Francis Muthaura is the board chair. BRITAM is going no where, if you are smart you buy BITAM now when the price isn depressed.
Angelica _ann
#194 Posted : Sunday, April 26, 2015 12:15:30 AM

bomet_investor wrote:
There will be no delisting, why would would there be? BRITAM has done nothing wrong, the only thing is that 23% shareholder is caught up in the Ponz scheme in Mauritius. At worst, the guy will be forced to sell his 23% stake at BRITAM which he will probably fight in court and will take years to resolve. Also, if he were to sell, it would never be done in the open market. It will be sold privately to "strategic investor" Or the Company itself could buy back the shares and retire them, this will be a win to the investors already in. Or they could do a rights issue, distribute it equally to existing shareholders. Go check who the owners of BRITAM are; Wairegi (6%), Dr. James Mwangi(4%), Jimna Mbaru (10%), Peter Munga(4%). Francis Muthaura is the board chair. BRITAM is going no where, if you are smart you buy BITAM now when the price isn depressed.

@ average price of 21 bob teren teren .....
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
hisah
#195 Posted : Sunday, April 26, 2015 5:02:21 AM

littledove wrote:
http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/Corporate-News/HF-sells-Britam-stake-amid-acquisition-talks/-/539550/2429494/-/yrdj18/-/index.html

equity sells housing finance,and then housing finance sells britam, then britam buys housing finance. among the three who is benefitting and how, who is clever here or its brothers agreement

/Back in August 2014 and then the prices topped out.
I'm watching the 3 boardrooms.
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
obiero
#196 Posted : Sunday, April 26, 2015 8:35:51 AM

hisah wrote:
littledove wrote:
http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/Corporate-News/HF-sells-Britam-stake-amid-acquisition-talks/-/539550/2429494/-/yrdj18/-/index.html

equity sells housing finance,and then housing finance sells britam, then britam buys housing finance. among the three who is benefitting and how, who is clever here or its brothers agreement

/Back in August 2014 and then the prices topped out.
I'm watching the 3 boardrooms.

HF was wise to offload Britam esp since its now being linked to a ponzi man

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
obiero
#197 Posted : Sunday, April 26, 2015 8:43:35 AM

Mainat wrote:
I recall a discussion here re Cytonn. I maintain the issues are with the Britam peeps not with Cytonn

If the 23% guy oversaw collapse of a whole bank, why would I trust the plans he has for Britam. Its time to sell. I warned you guys 2years ago.. Its time to flee

VituVingiSana
#198 Posted : Sunday, April 26, 2015 11:31:42 AM

obiero wrote:
Mainat wrote:

If the 23% guy oversaw collapse of a whole bank, why would I trust the plans he has for Britam. Its time to sell. I warned you guys 2years ago.. Its time to flee

Britam: Apr 29 2013 8.25 Currently 20/-
KQ: Apr 29 2013 10.95 Currently 7.45

People who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

Though @Obiero has a point from TODAY onwards. History is history. Not relevant to us today.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#199 Posted : Sunday, April 26, 2015 12:24:06 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Mainat wrote:

Though @Obiero has a point from TODAY onwards. History is history. Not relevant to us today.

Hehe. Im not the one who caused KQ to drop. Thanks for the kind words.. Let history be history, though KQ shall go to back 100 bob in a few yrs

Realtreaty
#200 Posted : Monday, April 27, 2015 12:08:06 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Mainat wrote:

Hehe. Im not the one who caused KQ to drop. Thanks for the kind words.. Let history be history, though KQ shall go to back 100 bob in a few yrs

@Obiero...since Rawat is seeking Medical attention and is an Old fellow, it would be easy to relieve him directorship in board and have him represented by someone else frendly to Britam and with Zero interest in Bramer bank. This is how Business work as in politics we think ahead. That kind of Idea will have made AKI and the rest allegations baseless. Again it will come to dawn to you that the Bramer issue is nothing more than Mauritius Politics. Rawat may have funded his defeated candidate in the concluded elections and is time to scare the roaches.