wazua Fri, Apr 26, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages<1234>
Safaricom TV
murchr
#41 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2015 4:39:19 PM

There's a thread on this
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Realtreaty
#42 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2015 8:37:48 PM

murchr wrote:
There's a thread on this

smile smile @Murchr, do not put new wine in old skins.
Quote:
"Hapana kuwa mjinga, unafikiria wewe ndio unajua tu....wengi wanajua, pia sisi tunajua"......Mwai Kibaki- Kenyan 3rd President
murchr
#43 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2015 9:15:18 PM

Realtreaty wrote:
murchr wrote:
There's a thread on this

Quote:
"Hapana kuwa mjinga, unafikiria wewe ndio unajua tu....wengi wanajua, pia sisi tunajua"......Mwai Kibaki- Kenyan 3rd President

There's a thread on Safcom TV, you are as late as your substandard article. Now get off that high horse and search for it. To a ujinga blue section
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Realtreaty
#44 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2015 5:02:15 PM

murchr wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:
murchr wrote:
There's a thread on this

Quote:

There's a thread on Safcom TV, you are as late as your substandard article. Now get off that high horse and search for it. To a ujinga blue section

@Murchr....Noted...You can as well move on with your own. Pilipili usioila wakuashia nini? Why poke your dirty small fingers in other people business kama wamama wa Muthurwa Market.
Fanya Biashara yako upendavyo. I will not tie my donkey to your tether.
Realtreaty
#45 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2015 5:06:42 PM

Realtreaty
#46 Posted : Sunday, April 26, 2015 3:16:08 AM

Pushing it to over 20 Kes coming soon.
Safaricom banking on data to boost growth
smile
Realtreaty
#47 Posted : Sunday, April 26, 2015 11:58:53 PM

blukenyan
#48 Posted : Monday, April 27, 2015 6:05:15 PM

Safaricom wants a piece of everything!!!

Safaricom will from next month start selling decoders. Closely watching to see how the new line of business performs considering the current success in everything they touch. Will this be a game changer in the PAY TV segment of the economy? The decoders will have a WI-FI router similar to what Zuku offers.
ole3
#49 Posted : Monday, April 27, 2015 10:55:39 PM

blukenyan wrote:

Safaricom will from next month start selling decoders. Closely watching to see how the new line of business performs considering the current success in everything they touch. Will this be a game changer in the PAY TV segment of the economy? The decoders will have a WI-FI router similar to what Zuku offers.

Anxious hope wataweka adult channels :d/ :d/
Rankaz13
#50 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2015 9:06:48 AM

ole3 wrote:
blukenyan wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.
GGK
#51 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2015 10:21:54 AM

the talk of a SIM card on the decoder is nauseating given the frustration we are currently undergoing accessing data on Safaricom.

This a clear case of wait and see. I had hoped they would've bring something like pay-per-view and not video-on-demand. For example if I just wanted to watch the Mayweather vs. Pacquiao bout and nothing else I pay just for that
"..I am because we are. "― Ubuntu, Umtu,
madollar
#52 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2015 12:02:09 PM

GGK wrote:
the talk of a SIM card on the decoder is nauseating given the frustration we are currently undergoing accessing data on Safaricom.

This a clear case of wait and see. I had hoped they would've bring something like pay-per-view and not video-on-demand. For example if I just wanted to watch the Mayweather vs. Pacquiao bout and nothing else I pay just for that

Given safaricom history they will want to dominate this space and like they have done before with other products this ka decoder will be for the mass market "keep it simple " being the key words .i doubt even pay per view is crossing their minds
murchr
#53 Posted : Tuesday, May 05, 2015 8:44:02 PM

allfrica.com wrote:

By Baraka Jefwa
Safaricom is in three days set to release its triple play set top box, dubbed 'The Box' in the Kenyan market.

This information has come to light through a countdown on Safaricom's official website; the countdown is accompanied by a statement that lets customers know a few details about the box.

"This box is alive, powerful and its secrets will change your life!" the statement reads.

The countdown come's a couple of months after reports of the telecoms operator's application for a digital broadcasting licence.

According to a news article by business daily, the main use of the set top boxes would be to improve internet.

"Bob Collymore, the Safaricom chief executive said they are mainly interested in using the set-top boxes to deliver Internet to households that own a TV set. He has in the past spoken of selling Internet and TV as a package." The article read.

"If awarded a licence, he said, Safaricom would deepen its plan to establish a presence in the emerging broadcasting sector by taking competition to the doorsteps of the mainstream media." It continued.

"Mr Wangusi said the CA had approved Safaricom's set-top box, giving it an advantage in capturing the emerging home Internet market." It added.

Safaricom plans to sell the universal set-top box in the local market, meaning buyers will also have access to all free-to-air TV channels.

The boxes which will retail for Kshs 3,499 run on Android software will be equipped for high-speed internet, high-definition TV, Video on Demand and Gaming.
KulaRaha
#54 Posted : Tuesday, May 05, 2015 8:53:57 PM

Hopefully theyll be more reliable than Zuku the junk.
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
watesh
#55 Posted : Tuesday, May 05, 2015 9:04:27 PM

Am sure the internet wont be unlimited like Zuku
Swenani
#56 Posted : Wednesday, May 06, 2015 11:04:32 AM

Rankaz13 wrote:
ole3 wrote:
blukenyan wrote:

If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
madollar
#57 Posted : Wednesday, May 06, 2015 1:08:48 PM

According to a news article by business daily, the main use of the set top boxes would be to improve internet.

The talk out there is hii ka decoder katakua kanauzwa elfu moja those who have not bought decoders have being banking on prices to come down seems wataendela kungoja @3499 the safaricom set top box will be one of the pricey ones.
Looks like they are more interested in internet provision
Gordon Gekko
#58 Posted : Thursday, May 07, 2015 10:46:19 AM

watesh wrote:
Am sure the internet wont be unlimited like Zuku

I'm sure being the monsters they are, there will be FUP. But I kinda like having a TV with no aerials and unsightly cables in the keja.
ole3
#59 Posted : Thursday, May 07, 2015 9:41:17 PM

mimi na sema wa lete ile box, with wireless ndio ni one ile rated na wes browse.
muganda
#60 Posted : Friday, May 08, 2015 10:09:46 AM

Okay so the launch is going down in Sarit Centre. If this reveal is true http://www.kahawatungu.com/2015...y-content-from-bamba-tv/:
BOX costs a minimum of 5,000
BOX requires a minimum of 1,000 monthly
BOX only provides Local stations, FTA and YouTube
Is it premature to wonder whether this will even be a success?