wazua Tue, Sep 24, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Roofing Advice
fakemoney
#1 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2015 4:31:53 PM

ROOFING ADVISE

Hi Guys,

@A4achitect and the rest of wazua professors. The knowledge and wisdom I’ve gained from this forum is immense and priceless. On the next Mbuzi weekend count a JAMESON on me smile smile

That said, am at the roofing stage of my humble-abode-to-be. I’d like guys to share their insight into a couple of areas:

1. Which is the best timber to use for Decra/Stone coated rooting type?
2. Is there anyone who have ever used Blue gum? How does it compare to Cypress?
3. Any known vendor where I can cheaply source Timber at a fair price preferably within the precinct of Nairobi [Transport overheads ]
4. What would be the realistic labor cost of roofing + brandering for a mansionette of 230 SQM
5. For exterior designers, am seriously thinking of doing Black tiles. Howz about that? On exposure to environmental/weather elements would black fade/deteriorate faster than traditional colours RED/ Brown?
ZZE123
#2 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2015 5:10:44 PM

fakemoney wrote:
Hi Guys,

@A4achitect and the rest of wazua professors. The knowledge and wisdom I’ve gained from this forum is immense and priceless. On the next Mbuzi weekend count a JAMESON on me smile smile

That said, am at the roofing stage of my humble-abode-to-be. I’d like guys to share their insight into a couple of areas:

3. Any known vendor where I can cheaply source Timber at a fair price preferably within the precinct of Nairobi [Transport overheads ]
4. What would be the realistic labor cost of roofing + brandering for a mansionette of 230 SQM
5. For exterior designers, am seriously thinking of doing Black tiles. Howz about that? On exposure to environmental/weather elements would black fade/deteriorate faster than traditional colours RED/ Brown?

@fakemoney I can assure you all the answers you will get from this green section will be fake!!!!!
The man who marries a beautiful woman, and the farmer who grows corn by the roadside have the same problem
Swenani
#3 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2015 5:36:57 PM

ZZE123 wrote:
fakemoney wrote:
Hi Guys,

@fakemoney I can assure you all the answers you will get from this green section will be fake!!!!!

Sad Sad Sad
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
mawinder
#4 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2015 6:24:54 PM

fakemoney wrote:
Hi Guys,

What tribe are your fundis? Have you considered checking out a late man whose mabati house at home was too small yet
fakemoney
#5 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2015 7:45:10 PM

@mawinder

My fundis are Caucasian smile what does that got to do with issue at hand?

Fundi ni fundi as long as you demonstrate value to my money. Don't case dialect you speak. F.Y.I i've never hired a tribes mate.
fakemoney
#6 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2015 7:48:58 PM

ZZE123 wrote:
fakemoney wrote:
Hi Guys,

Why you sowing seeds of cynicisms ? Najua ma experts wamo na ni wengi.
Boris Boyka
#7 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2015 8:16:45 PM

fakemoney wrote:
ZZE123 wrote:
fakemoney wrote:
Hi Guys,

Why you sowing seeds of cynicisms ? Najua ma experts wamo na ni wengi.

The Truth....Post on "Question for architect thread"
Everybody STEALS, a THIEF is one who's CAUGHT stealing something of LITTLE VALUE. !!!
nakujua
#8 Posted : Tuesday, April 21, 2015 12:57:17 AM

ZZE123 wrote:
fakemoney wrote:
Hi Guys,

1. Cypress
2. Yes - its heavier, bends, wraps and when dry can be a challenge to hammer nails in.
3. Vendors nearest to your house location.
4. 300k
5. That's dope, yes they will fade.
Dawnwoods
#9 Posted : Tuesday, April 21, 2015 2:59:20 AM

Nakujua that is very helpful!!
Bachuma Gate
#10 Posted : Tuesday, April 21, 2015 3:49:56 AM

For timber call laban 0722 243684 . Good prices. Based in Rongai. He can provide transport.
DOH
Caveman
#11 Posted : Tuesday, April 21, 2015 8:52:35 AM

For best roofing and construction cypress timber in Syokimau, Katani and surroundings,visit Roma timber yard on Katani road near white house. Best prices, free treatment and transport is available. Call 0727430432