wazua Sat, Oct 5, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

773 Pages«<8384858687>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
VituVingiSana
#1681 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2015 5:35:36 AM

The pilots and crew of KQ have no skin in the game. They will kill the goose that has been laying golden eggs for it. The Board, Management & Staff in KQ are screwing the shareholders. Pole sana.

http://www.businessdaily...6/-/u8q9yez/-/index.html
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Pesa Nane
#1682 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2015 9:54:12 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
China Southern to fly to Nairobi 3x week

http://www.businessdaily.../-/frt8xvz/-/index.html

Does this help or hurt KQ? One can fly daily to Guangzhou since they code-share but it also means some passengers (esp the Chinese) can shift their allegiance to China Southern. Effectively, this will cut into KQ's exclusivity on this route.

The other side of the coin (comments section)
Quote:
james • 5 hours ago
Our media is always negative!!!! They are not travelled and think competition alone makes all. Do they know what a hub means? A hub creates more business for Dubai, Heathrow etc more than what their specific airlines make. More travellers to Kenya and Nairobi for that matter means more business...Now we want some international Chinese hotels in Nairobi.

dratura09 • 11 hours ago
The media need to employ aviation journalists who can understand aviation matters. The entry of China Southern, which in 2014 carried over 100million passengers, will mean KQ will reap big time as all the 300 passengers coming daily majority will transit to connecting flights within Africa operated by Kenya Airways and without CS landing in Nairobi, they will probably connect via Jo'burg, Cairo or Europe and fly SAA or MS. Nairobi will be China gateway to Africa, KQ WINS BIG.
Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
VituVingiSana
#1683 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2015 9:58:17 AM

Do KQ's NBO - Guangzhou flights fly full?
If yes, then the addition of China Southern will be a plus as KQ can sell more seats.
If no, then it could be a problem as passengers have a choice between KQ or CS.

Too bad KQ cannot use its 777 to fly another Chinese/Asian route.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Thiong'o
#1684 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2015 12:11:47 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
The pilots and crew of KQ have no skin in the game. They will kill the goose that has been laying golden eggs for it. The Board, Management & Staff in KQ are screwing the shareholders. Pole sana.

http://www.businessdaily.../-/u8q9yez/-/index.html

@VVS, you earlier pointed at the problem of having very a strong union in post 1414.

.. never invest in a firm where unionized employees can bend you over at will and have their way..
And KQ's employees aren't shareholders either. they are in it for the cash not growth or ownership...

and now the union demands will definitely hinder management from taking optimal business decisions, from the article the union (KALPA) wants to be consulted.
Impunity
#1685 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2015 12:44:36 PM

Gordon Gekko wrote:
Impunity wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Even Cheerleader #1 has turned sour on KQ
http://www.rich.co.ke/media/docs/038NSX1304.pdf

Hogwash reporting from the said @cheerleader...
C&P
Quote:
The competition is now parked
in Kenya Airways backyard. This
week I was in Dubai and I noted
the Emirates flight was full and
carrying more than 400 passengers. Kenya Airways uplifted less
than 40 passengers on the very
same day. Fourty passengers on
a Dreamliner is a loss! Plain and
simple

From the Emirates website, they dont have any airplane with a capacity of over 400 pax except the Airbus 380.
Now they dont fly such type of airplane into Nairobi.

Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you

Emirates equipment on nbo route is 773. Can seat 450 in two class config. BTW 773 can do 500.

I will dig in deep BUT I dont think Emirates has any of its aircraft configured in two classes...theirs is always three classes...two classes are for the poor!
Let me check further!
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

obiero
#1686 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2015 2:10:40 PM

just jetted into Nairobi and I counted 11 KQ planes lying around.. I hope that they are scheduled for take off sometime today.. Otherwise, there is a problem since that forms about a third of its entire fleet

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 23,800 ABP 6.45
VituVingiSana
#1687 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2015 2:46:18 PM

obiero wrote:
just jetted into Nairobi and I counted 11 KQ planes lying around.. I hope that they are scheduled for take off sometime today.. Otherwise, there is a problem since that forms about a third of its entire fleet
They were waiting for their #3 shareholder behind GoK and KLM.
maka
#1688 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2015 2:56:38 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

lol Laughing out loudly Anyway they have been having a slight problem after changing their flight schedule...am telling you the guys enjoying are the hotel fellows.
possunt quia posse videntur
jawgey
#1689 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2015 2:59:11 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

lol .and that must be none other than the prophet himself
Seeing is believing
chemos
#1690 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2015 3:11:47 PM

jawgey wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

am sure he was flying emirates.....Sad
Impunity
#1691 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2015 3:39:33 PM

chemos wrote:
jawgey wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

am sure he was flying emirates.....Sad

Naah, free ride on 5Y-POL.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

KondooEconomist
#1692 Posted : Thursday, April 16, 2015 9:17:24 AM

Kenya Airways has emerged as a big loser with the launch of China Southern Airlines’ direct flights from Nairobi to Guangzhou.

BD
Fyatu
#1693 Posted : Thursday, April 16, 2015 9:50:45 AM

I don't know what is all the fuss about China Southern joining the market. I beseech all ye wazuans to go to your local grocery market today and learn a few basics about business and perhaps wake up to the reality of doing business.

What i mean is, if you visit the market today you will realise almost everyone is selling the same things e.g., nyanya, kitungulu, sukuma wiki etc. Some mama mbogas have loyal customers who buy from them daily, some have upped their game to win/poach customers by maybe selling quality fresh products,offering discounts etc.At the end of the day everyone must sell and take some money home. In short there must be competition in business.

Top management in KQ draw hefty salos and it is their job to think and come up with ways to gain a competitive edge in the market. They can start serving fufu and pepe soup in large quantities for all i care to attract the ogas who are the main source of business on this route.They can even serve ugali/pap if that will give them an edge.

The idea of opening a booking office in river rori was in my opinion brilliant. One in Eastleigh would not be bad either.....what about cargo from China etc I pick my cargo from China in Easich. The cargo plane is owned by businessmen from Easich and they dont disappoint.

In other news this RINK offers great opportunities for KQ
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
Thiong'o
#1694 Posted : Thursday, April 16, 2015 11:03:22 AM

maka wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

lol Laughing out loudly Anyway they have been having a slight problem after changing their flight schedule...am telling you the guys enjoying are the hotel fellows.

Pilots, the #3 shareholder in the order.... GoK, KLM, KALPA...
muganda
#1695 Posted : Tuesday, April 21, 2015 4:41:24 PM

Qualitative feedback:
2hr 40m flight from Zambia to Kenya
(hoping passengers experience at JKIA on arrival was more pleasant)

obiero
#1696 Posted : Tuesday, April 21, 2015 7:16:27 PM

muganda wrote:
Qualitative feedback:

That meal is sufficient for a short flight..

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 23,800 ABP 6.45
Boris Boyka
#1697 Posted : Tuesday, April 21, 2015 8:10:36 PM

obiero wrote:
muganda wrote:
Qualitative feedback:

That meal is sufficient for a short flight..

Enough for A NORMAL person! Laughing out loudly Reminds me of that Hungry Sudanese who ate, wasn't satisfied and was banned for threatening to eat a hostess.
Everybody STEALS, a THIEF is one who's CAUGHT stealing something of LITTLE VALUE. !!!
Cde Monomotapa
#1698 Posted : Tuesday, April 21, 2015 8:58:18 PM

Cde Monomotapa wrote:
Accusations, counter-accusations. Denials. Lame-duck attacks, dossiers, qoutes, misquotes - who is fooling who?

Does KQ really make the cut?

Quote:
"We will look at other acquisitions of airlines but we look at airlines that don't take the resources of Qatar, or attention of Qatar management, to fix issues. We will always go after goldsmiths, not scrap dealers."

Quote:
Three major U.S. airlines claim in a recent 55-page dossier sent to U.S. government officials and lawmakers that Gulf carriers received $40 billion in subsidies and want the Obama administration to renegotiate Open Skies agreements

Gulf carriers deny receiving subsidies.

Al Baker challenged the U.S. airlines to publish their allegations and accused them of receiving "backdoor subsidies" through Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.

http://in.reuters.com/ar...s-idINKBN0M01DO20150304

This has to be the Mayweather & Pacman of Aviation! This will be interesting...

CAPA hosts major US-Gulf airline debate; Emirates, Etihad, American, Delta, FedEx, pilots, tourism

Quote:
CAPA will host the largest and most complete public debate on the US-Gulf airlines confrontation, including the major proponents in a moderated discussion over two hours.

The debate, part of CAPA's Americas Aviation Summit in Las Vegas on 27/28 April, will span 2 hours, under the expert guidance of leading US aviation lawyer, Pillsburys' Kenneth P Quinn.
http://centreforaviation...ex-pilots-tourism-220150
hisah
#1699 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2015 1:44:05 AM

Cde Monomotapa wrote:
Cde Monomotapa wrote:
Accusations, counter-accusations. Denials. Lame-duck attacks, dossiers, qoutes, misquotes - who is fooling who?

Does KQ really make the cut?

Quote:
"We will look at other acquisitions of airlines but we look at airlines that don't take the resources of Qatar, or attention of Qatar management, to fix issues. We will always go after goldsmiths, not scrap dealers."

Quote:
Three major U.S. airlines claim in a recent 55-page dossier sent to U.S. government officials and lawmakers that Gulf carriers received $40 billion in subsidies and want the Obama administration to renegotiate Open Skies agreements

Gulf carriers deny receiving subsidies.

Al Baker challenged the U.S. airlines to publish their allegations and accused them of receiving "backdoor subsidies" through Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.

http://in.reuters.com/ar...s-idINKBN0M01DO20150304

This has to be the Mayweather & Pacman of Aviation! This will be interesting...

CAPA hosts major US-Gulf airline debate; Emirates, Etihad, American, Delta, FedEx, pilots, tourism

Quote:
CAPA will host the largest and most complete public debate on the US-Gulf airlines confrontation, including the major proponents in a moderated discussion over two hours.

The debate, part of CAPA's Americas Aviation Summit in Las Vegas on 27/28 April, will span 2 hours, under the expert guidance of leading US aviation lawyer, Pillsburys' Kenneth P Quinn.
http://centreforaviation...x-pilots-tourism-220150

That debate will be action packed. Hope it doesn't spill outside the ring.
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
Aardwolf
#1700 Posted : Sunday, April 26, 2015 12:13:20 AM

KQ's profit on each passenger can't buy a good cup of coffee, an official says

Why wouldn't the management shut up when it matters?