wazua Sat, Oct 5, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

773 Pages«<8182838485>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
maka
#1641 Posted : Wednesday, April 08, 2015 7:48:59 AM

The biggest question.is how will they deal with the huge debt?..If a solution for that is found then I,d buyinto KQ...oh plus the austerity measures going on at Mumias be exported huko...Last week I posted how Jala the Malaysian air CEO was able to turnaround the airline,after forwarding the link to one of my friends who works there KQ is following almost the same plan they did including those labs to identify profitable routes etc maybe in the future it will be a different story...and the headlines will be screaming
"National carrier,posts 5 billion in profit"
possunt quia posse videntur
lochaz-index
#1642 Posted : Wednesday, April 08, 2015 8:34:49 AM

Kq has a historical all time low price of 5.75? Are we likely to see a lower figure during this turbulent times???
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
Boris Boyka
#1643 Posted : Wednesday, April 08, 2015 8:47:48 AM

lochaz-index wrote:
Kq has a historical all time low price of 5.75? Are we likely to see a lower figure during this turbulent times???

Very likely in line with its peers Mumias,HAfrk, Olympia, Fire smile
Everybody STEALS, a THIEF is one who's CAUGHT stealing something of LITTLE VALUE. !!!
Cde Monomotapa
#1644 Posted : Wednesday, April 08, 2015 9:26:30 AM

Cde Monomotapa wrote:
hisah wrote:
KQ trying hard to mount a breakout. Overhead resistance runs all the way to 14/- Heavy volume required to dismiss this resistance forest.

If only KQ would produce such statistics.

Air New Zealand passenger numbers up 2.7% - traffic highlights for Dec-2014:

Passenger numbers: 1.4 million, +2.7% year-on-year;
Short-haul: 1.3 million, +2.5%;
Domestic: 932,000, +3.2%;
Tasman/Pacific: 336,000, +0.7%;
Long-haul: 163,000, +4.5%;
Asia/Japan/UK: 60,000, +10.4%;
North America/UK: 103,000, +1.4%;

Passenger load factor: 85.1%, -1.2 ppts;
Short-haul: 83.8%, +0.1 ppt;
Domestic: 83.6%, +0.2 ppt;
Tasman/Pacific: 84%, +0.2 ppt;
Long-haul: 86.1%, -2.7 ppts;
Asia/Japan/UK: 84.9%, -4.8 ppts;
North America/UK: 86.8%, -1.5 ppts.

More - http://centreforaviation...ysis/206499/12-2014.pdf

@hisah, true, JJ is only part of the solution as far as meeting this stellar stats you posted here earlier. Commendable progress by JJ in a year to do 500K* domestic already.

There was a convo with @Realtreaty on the KK thread about the relationship between Alcoblow & a car. Whereby the car owner can be busted and the car gets a new driver and keep moving.. smile

Pursuant to that, KQ is hence a export service doing over 50 destinations to make that over USD1.2B revenue. This new flight schedule should bring that out better. It can be seen that KQ is still key in serving TPS's other EA markets as follows;

Kenya Airways to boost operations with new flight schedule
Quote:
As part of its transformation program, Kenya Airways announces several flight scheduling changes that will take effect from 1st of April 2015. This change is expected to boost connectivity for our passengers by 20%. Kenya Airways will now operate improved schedule that ensures efficient use of its aircraft and crew and flight connections for passengers. There will be an increase in flight frequencies some cities on its network especially in Africa and changed flight schedule.
http://www.ghanaweb.com/...s/artikel.php?ID=352940

Also, with the soon to close fleet renewal that has been distorting US-KE trade figures (Boeing-GE), we can engage in more consistent business granted US direct flight. I suppose have to await Kasin B.O later in the year for the US-Africa summit in KE?

Kenya Airways adjusts JHB schedule
Quote:
Kenya Airways’ flight schedule to and from South Africa will change as part of the airline’s transformation programme announced last week (see eTNW story here).
http://www.etnw.co.za/Ne...etails.aspx?newsId=75829
hisah
#1645 Posted : Wednesday, April 08, 2015 10:59:02 AM

@cde - The debt sink hole is what needs a proper plan on how it will be served. Can KQ do what KK has done by cutting back the heavy debt burden as soon as possible? Risk management in KQ needs an overhaul so that investors can be comfy about the repayment of the debt burden.

Meanwhile new yr low printed @7.05. All time low in focus...
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
Cde Monomotapa
#1646 Posted : Wednesday, April 08, 2015 11:24:30 AM

hisah wrote:
@cde - The debt sink hole is what needs a proper plan on how it will be served. Can KQ do what KK has done by cutting back the heavy debt burden as soon as possible? Risk management in KQ needs an overhaul so that investors can be comfy about the repayment of the debt burden.

A Super Jumbo Bond, CGT buster for starters smilere-fi.

There is also the finance arm of GE, I think GECAS. Wonder how they structure their finance.
maka
#1647 Posted : Wednesday, April 08, 2015 11:36:25 AM

lochaz-index wrote:

At 6 or 5 I would buy just in case...
Aguytrying
#1648 Posted : Wednesday, April 08, 2015 3:09:16 PM

Cde Monomotapa wrote:
hisah wrote:

A Super Jumbo Bond, CGT buster for starters smilere-fi.

There is also the finance arm of GE, I think GECAS. Wonder how they structure their finance.

@hisah. has hit the bulls eye. that debt burden needs to be dealt with otherwise all the earnings will go to banks not shareholders. and that right there is the characteristic of a good management, reaction to problems that threaten the company and shareholders in a timely manner. kk has been surgical in this.

in BAMB I doubt the n s s f board representative is even allowed to sneeze without permission.
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
lochaz-index
#1649 Posted : Wednesday, April 08, 2015 8:54:52 PM

maka wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:

At 6 or 5 I would buy just in case...

Am readying my arsenal for an assault on this thing. When do they announce fy results?
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
obiero
#1650 Posted : Wednesday, April 08, 2015 8:57:45 PM

my emotions got the better of me and I found myself purchasin a few more of KQ today. I may actually be wrong, but the current price seems irrational. in my view, primarily caused by kahawatungu and the monemuntal CEO gaff on Citizen tv last week. He spilled way too much info, even if u dint eat last night, ua neighbor should never know or if u dont have school fees you dont ask ua children for help! ngunze needs wisdom for the cameras

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 23,800 ABP 6.45
MaichBlack
#1651 Posted : Wednesday, April 08, 2015 9:10:57 PM

obiero wrote:
my emotions got the better of me and I found myself purchasin a few more of KQ today. I may actually be wrong, but the current price seems irrational. in my view, primarily caused by kahawatungu and the monemuntal CEO gaff on Citizen tv last week. He spilled way too much info, even if u dint eat last night, ua neighbor should never know or if u dont have school fees you dont ask ua children for help! ngunze needs wisdom for the cameras

@Obiero, you need to relax.

Prices will go even lower in the near term.

Why buy today at 7.x while you can buy tomorrow at 6.x and I even smell 5.y. Maybe.

Waiting for blood. And lots of it. We are not yet at the bottom!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
obiero
#1652 Posted : Wednesday, April 08, 2015 9:19:53 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
obiero wrote:

@Obiero, you need to relax.

Prices will go even lower in the near term.

Why buy today at 7.x while you can buy tomorrow at 6.x and I even smell 5.y. Maybe.

Waiting for blood. And lots of it. We are not yet at the bottom!

Eish. 5bobs?? Alshabab link also seen in tourism death blow, hence KQ deep slide

VituVingiSana
#1653 Posted : Thursday, April 09, 2015 5:00:05 AM

hisah wrote:

The debt hole is huge. And deep. KK did the following:
1) Cut back on staff. Can KQ fire pilots? No, as we saw with the go-slow by their colleagues!
2) Sold assets. KQ's 'plane' assets are burdened by loans. There might be some land in Embakasi but what other assets does KQ have that aren't encumbered by loans?
3) Stopped supplying deadbeats & reduced Receivables. I saw KK stations changing hands and when one asks the attendants, they tell you the dealers are being kicked out. Other stations were 'dry' and enquiries tell you the story about dealers not paying & KK cuts them off.
4) Negotiated lower rates. KQ gets very low USD rates which cannot go much lower. KK went from 16% to 12% [Kestrel sells CP for KK. And a phone call can provide this info]. KK doesn't want your money at 12+% [see Ohana's statement]. Who will reduce KQ's USD interest rate below 5%?
5) The shareholders are watching. Biwott has his people on the board. Who is watching KQ for the shareholders?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#1654 Posted : Thursday, April 09, 2015 5:01:41 AM

obiero wrote:
So are you saying that you want Ngunze to put up a farce? Bottomline: Not talking about being hungry doesn't fill one up. And I bet you Ngunze and the Management take their salaries on the 30th without fail.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#1655 Posted : Thursday, April 09, 2015 9:07:55 PM

Budget flier Jambojet misses first year passenger targets

http://www.businessdaily...8/-/jeqldlz/-/index.html
Kihara joni
#1656 Posted : Thursday, April 09, 2015 10:51:24 PM

[quote=VituVingiSana]Budget flier Jambojet misses first year passenger targets

http://www.businessdaily.../-/jeqldlz/-/index.html[/quote]
not shocking yesterday we had a big delay from mombasa, from 12pm we left MIA at 5pm together with 7am passagers and it was on a KQ plane not jambojet, plus lots of cancelled flights today NKTSad Sad
VituVingiSana
#1657 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2015 7:20:52 AM

And this is a crackpot analysis

http://www.businessdaily.../1/-/jr7afj/-/index.html
maka
#1658 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2015 8:28:28 AM

Kihara joni wrote:

not shocking yesterday we had a big delay from mombasa, from 12pm we left MIA at 5pm together with 7am passagers and it was on a KQ plane not jambojet, plus lots of cancelled flights today NKTSad Sad

More than 160 people slept at 2 hotels it was bad...
lochaes
#1659 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2015 8:43:42 AM

Kihara joni wrote:

Does jambojet have their own pilots? or they share with KQ?
obiero
#1660 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2015 7:33:36 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:

A little crack is good for the soul :)