wazua Tue, Sep 24, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages123>»
Whatsapp Calling Service
Lolest!
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 01, 2015 6:25:58 AM

Anyone managed to activate? I received a link for activatiion from a friend yesterday but I hear it's a prank or could be a virus
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
MaichBlack
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 01, 2015 6:50:27 AM

Lolest! wrote:
Anyone managed to activate? I received a link for activatiion from a friend yesterday but I hear it's a prank or could be a virus

No need to activate or click any links. Mine came automatically. I did NOTHING!!!

The only thing you might need to do is update WhatsApp if you haven't done so in a long time (How long I don't know). But before you do that, simply go to WhatsApp and if there are 'Calls', 'Chat', Contacts' tabs at the top, you are good to go. Open any conversation and if there is a call icon at the top simply click on it and the fellow will be dialed.

Mambo ya links wachana nayo!!! You don't want to find out if they are genuine or not the hard way!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
Lolest!
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 01, 2015 6:53:25 AM

thanks maich

not good for safcom if charges are lower
MaichBlack
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 01, 2015 7:08:06 AM

Lolest! wrote:
thanks maich

Charges - Zero!!! Only cost is bundles. If on wifi, Safcom gets zilch!!! You pay zilch!!!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
murchr
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 01, 2015 7:13:51 AM

MaichBlack wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
thanks maich

Charges - Zero!!! Only cost is bundles. If on wifi, Safcom gets zilch!!! You pay zilch!!!

You'll still top up to keep your number
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
MaichBlack
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 01, 2015 7:17:29 AM

murchr wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
thanks maich

5 bob every three months!!!

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Safcom will still get voice revenue but it will reduce by a huge margin!
butterflyke
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 01, 2015 7:17:38 AM

Mine updated automatically...somehow looks like a real app now smile

If yours has not updated @Lolest, I suggest you update the version of whatsapp you have as suggested above.

So if you are not on Wifi, what are the likely costs for the VOIP calls?
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. - Muhammad Ali🐝
murchr
#8 Posted : Wednesday, April 01, 2015 7:19:42 AM

MaichBlack wrote:
murchr wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
thanks maich

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Why has this not worked for viber? Google voice? Lets see how the uptake will be
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
MaichBlack
#9 Posted : Wednesday, April 01, 2015 7:24:14 AM

Viber now dies a natural death!!! It will be come another MySpace! I hope the original techies who came up with it had already sold it and moved on to other things! There is no way they will be able to compete with WhatsApp offering the same products/services.

That is why selling you tech company or innovation makes sense when it gets to a certain level. Take the money, some stock options maybe and look for the nearest beach property. That or make sure your product is so unique and with truck loads of patents that it will be an uphill task for anyone to compete with you product for product!!! And get enough money (investors) to protect turf.
MaichBlack
#10 Posted : Wednesday, April 01, 2015 7:26:36 AM

butterflyke wrote:

If yours has not updated @Lolest, I suggest you update the version of whatsapp you have as suggested above.

Cheap, cheap, cheap!!! I did a test run. 3 minutes call, 1 MB.
murchr
#11 Posted : Wednesday, April 01, 2015 7:27:46 AM

MaichBlack wrote:
Viber now dies a natural death!!! It will be come another MySpace! I hope the original techies who came up with it had already sold it and moved on to other things! There is no way they will be able to compete with WhatsApp offering the same products/services.

That is why selling you tech company or innovation makes sense when it gets to a certain level. Take the money, some stock options maybe and look for the nearest beach property. That or make sure your product is so unique and with truck loads of patents that it will be an uphill task for anyone to compete with you product for product!!! And get enough money (investors) to protect turf.

My question is why Viber didnt take away the call business from Telcos yet it was there first and its even more exciting than WhatsApp?
MaichBlack
#12 Posted : Wednesday, April 01, 2015 7:29:46 AM

murchr wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
murchr wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
thanks maich

Why has this not worked for viber? Google voice? Lets see how the uptake will be

Hii hakuna 'uptake'. It almost automatic. You click dial on WhatsApp and you are talking to someone! Very clear. Just like kawaida phone call.

If you don't call, someone will definitely call you by tomorrow. And by Sunday you will be hooked!

Watch this space.
butterflyke
#13 Posted : Wednesday, April 01, 2015 7:32:10 AM

MaichBlack wrote:
butterflyke wrote:

Cheap, cheap, cheap!!! I did a test run. 3 minutes call, 1 MB.

Thanks
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. - Muhammad Ali🐝
Lolest!
#14 Posted : Wednesday, April 01, 2015 7:32:21 AM

MaichBlack wrote:
murchr wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
thanks maich

agreed @maich. If I am in a place with free wi-fi I will not pay safcom for phone data

Those places with wi-fi are increasing
murchr
#15 Posted : Wednesday, April 01, 2015 7:33:08 AM

MaichBlack wrote:
murchr wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
murchr wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
thanks maich

Hii hakuna 'uptake'. It almost automatic. You click dial on WhatsApp and you are talking to someone! Very clear. Just like kawaida phone call.

If you don't call, someone will definitely call you by tomorrow. And by Sunday you will be hooked!

Watch this space.

Whatsapp has been there and it still hasnt taken away the sms business reason being, you still have to be connected to the internet to use it infact at times its more expensive if you compare it to the 100 sms for 20/- As we watch the space, keep note of the many times you'll have to connect to some wifi so as to talk to someone. Tuongee after 3 months
wilyum
#16 Posted : Wednesday, April 01, 2015 8:20:10 AM

murchr wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
murchr wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
murchr wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
thanks maich

Watch this space.

Whatsapp has been there and it still hasnt taken away the sms business reason being, you still have to be connected to the internet to use it infact at times its more expensive if you compare it to the 100 sms for 20/- As we watch the space, keep note of the many times you'll have to connect to some wifi so as to talk to someone. Tuongee after 3 months

if viber hasn't picked, i don't foresee this one picking too.
MaichBlack
#17 Posted : Wednesday, April 01, 2015 8:42:23 AM

wilyum wrote:

if viber hasn't picked, i don't foresee this one picking too.

Have you tried to make a call on Viber? Now try WhatsApp.

And people are already on WhatsApp. No installation, configuration, marketing etc. required.

I am a Safaricom shareholder. I am also a realist. No emotions or unfounded hope! Voice income will take a hit! Safcom have known this for years. Hopefully their other income streams will cushion the company.
KulaRaha
#18 Posted : Wednesday, April 01, 2015 9:13:17 AM

Actually, Whatsapp is killing the sms business. Check your phone: the only sms you get if from guys with dumbphones ( a minority), pls call me thank you, and spam from companies. Hardly any meaningful sms communication.

Stats from Asian whatsapp usage:

http://trak.in/tags/busi...dians-sending-2-sms-day/
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
ndeshj
#19 Posted : Wednesday, April 01, 2015 9:17:59 AM

[quote=KulaRaha]Actually, Whatsapp is killing the sms business. Check your phone: the only sms you get if from guys with dumbphones ( a minority), pls call me thank you, and spam from companies. Hardly any meaningful sms communication.

http://trak.in/tags/busi...ians-sending-2-sms-day/[/quote]

I second you on this one
MaichBlack
#20 Posted : Wednesday, April 01, 2015 9:38:54 AM

ndeshj wrote:
[quote=KulaRaha]Actually, Whatsapp is killing the sms business. Check your phone: the only sms you get if from guys with dumbphones ( a minority), pls call me thank you, and spam from companies. Hardly any meaningful sms communication.

http://trak.in/tags/busi...ians-sending-2-sms-day/[/quote]

I second you on this one

There is a good reason I did not respond to the allegation that WhatsApp has not affected the SMS revenue. Shock!

Safaricom was charging 5/= per sms. They reduced that to 1/=. Now they charge as low as 5 cents per sms (20/= per 500 sms bundle) and subscribers on average still receive more WhatsApp messages than smses! As low as 5 cents per sms and lower volumes and the 'sms business' is 'not affected'??? Do we need a study for that?

On VOIP calls, a nice quote from the link...

Quote:
Services which use Voice over Internet (VoIP) makes calling to any person in the world almost free. And the new and informed smart phone user (from India) is smart enough to know which services to use to keep his monthly billing low.