wazua Tue, Sep 24, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Continuously Variable Transmission. ......
0%_Omera
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2015 10:10:45 AM

Anyone out there who had a chance to experience the performance of car/s fitted with this kind of transmission on the Kenyan terrain, commonly found in Nissan cars.
Thanks in advance.
The best method of distributing wealth, is that of distributing principles of achievement by which wealth is procured.
Njung'e
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2015 10:51:11 AM

I am sure you meant Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT). CVT is not confined to Nissans for they are known to have been used way back in 1950s by DAF. I experienced it with an A4 and honestly, i did not like the noise coming from the TG once you floor the gas pedal.Even then, it makes for better and faster acceleration apart from fuel saving than your kawaida AT.
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
0%_Omera
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2015 11:37:53 AM

Njung'e wrote:
I am sure you meant Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT). CVT is not confined to Nissans for they are known to have been used way back in 1950s by DAF. I experienced it with an A4 and honestly, i did not like the noise coming from the TG once you floor the gas pedal.Even then, it makes for better and faster acceleration apart from fuel saving than your kawaida AT.

Thanks for sharing, considering the rough terrain in Kenya, can u recommend one to buy a car fitted with CVT.
Thanks for the correction to.
The best method of distributing wealth, is that of distributing principles of achievement by which wealth is procured.
Njung'e
#4 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2015 4:28:58 PM

If you enjoy the sound of gears shifting,then in CVT system there is none.Other than that,you may want to consider the fact that there are very few cars with CVTs thus repairing and servicing would be a challenge.Of course you may not like the noise the CVT produces when you are accelerating.For me, it's a no for now until it becomes universal.
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
Money Whisperer
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 02, 2015 1:22:03 AM

based on nissan bluebird. cruising is great but at high speeds you step on the gas the engine screams the gear gets lockjaw nothing seems to happen.
"Money never sleeps"