wazua Fri, Apr 26, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

12 Pages«<7891011>»
Safaricom HY 2014/2015 EPS up 32%
murchr
#161 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2015 8:05:10 PM

hisah wrote:
Wondering when that 16/- sale order will clear to get this thing moving to higher highs as 16/- turn into support. Focus still remains 18/- as per fibo projections.

16.45 - 20,194,200 Shares changed hands.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
murchr
#162 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2015 10:19:27 PM

In other news,

Business Daily wrote:

Mobile soft loans for power consumers

IN SUMMARY
>> Kenya Power consumers will get credit to settle power bills of between Sh100 and Sh2,000, which will be repaid at an upfront flat rate of 10 per cent of the borrowed amount.

>>The Okoa Stima advances will be deposited into a user’s M-Pesa account, for onward transfer to their Kenya Power accounts, less the facilitation charge.

This is the same concept that Safaricom uses in its Okoa Jahazi facility where it charges a fee of five per cent for any airtime loaded on credit.

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
watesh
#163 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2015 1:19:12 AM

murchr wrote:
In other news,

Business Daily wrote:

IN SUMMARY
>> Kenya Power consumers will get credit to settle power bills of between Sh100 and Sh2,000, which will be repaid at an upfront flat rate of 10 per cent of the borrowed amount.

>>The Okoa Stima advances will be deposited into a user’s M-Pesa account, for onward transfer to their Kenya Power accounts, less the facilitation charge.

This is the same concept that Safaricom uses in its Okoa Jahazi facility where it charges a fee of five per cent for any airtime loaded on credit.

MPESA Bank keeps churning out products and share prices keeps rocketing up
hisah
#164 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2015 7:31:02 AM

murchr wrote:
hisah wrote:
Wondering when that 16/- sale order will clear to get this thing moving to higher highs as 16/- turn into support. Focus still remains 18/- as per fibo projections.

Am I seeing right that an intraday high of 17 happened in yesterday's session?! Wow! Elephants do fly? 18 is my 2015 projection, but seems like mr market is going bananas at the moment. If a parabolic rally (blow offs and usually unstable) ensues it'll need outsize news to support it. Otherwise that parabolic reversal with crater the market since this elephant currently weighs around 0.7B in market cap. Just 0.3B from a Trillion market cap?! @25 the market cap will be 1T.

The weird thing is Mpesa bank is still not an overcrowded wanjiku bus despite the spectacular rally!!? The 2008 IPO damage is still fresh in wanjikus pyschology.
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
Angelica _ann
#165 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2015 8:11:06 AM

watesh wrote:
murchr wrote:
In other news,

Business Daily wrote:

IN SUMMARY

MPESA Bank keeps churning out products and share prices keeps rocketing up

Got this through SMS and I was like now is Safcom having a 'micro credit' Department. Good for their business and if it is making money for their shareholders, well & good.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
King G
#166 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2015 10:17:36 AM

17.5 bob prints Applause Applause Applause
Thieves
mlennyma
#167 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2015 10:34:52 AM

King G wrote:

if all counters performed like safcom the index could be above 6000
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
watesh
#168 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2015 10:52:42 AM

Demand has drastically reduced, supply has surpassed demand...but THE PRICE PEOPLE ARE WILLING TO PAY, CHIIIMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
Aguytrying
#169 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2015 11:24:52 AM

hisah wrote:
murchr wrote:
hisah wrote:

Am I seeing right that an intraday high of 17 happened in yesterday's session?! Wow! Elephants do fly? 18 is my 2015 projection, but seems like mr market is going bananas at the moment. If a parabolic rally (blow offs and usually unstable) ensues it'll need outsize news to support it. Otherwise that parabolic reversal with crater the market since this elephant currently weighs around 0.7B in market cap. Just 0.3B from a Trillion market cap?! @25 the market cap will be 1T.

The weird thing is Mpesa bank is still not an overcrowded wanjiku bus despite the spectacular rally!!? The 2008 IPO damage is still fresh in wanjikus pyschology.

@hisah. we need to talk. what's going on in the market. The market is not reacting to good results, in fact trending downwards. meanwhile KCB and Safaricom are the only large caps rallying.

Are they setting the pace for the rest, or, is it the party before the music stops? I can tell for sure there's something happening, but i don't know what. Furthermore, how does 2015,2016 horizon look like?? up, down or flat.
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
King G
#170 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2015 11:38:23 AM

mlennyma wrote:
King G wrote:

if all counters performed like safcom the index could be above 6000

What i like about Safcom of late is the stealthy movement.... doesnt appear on top gainers but it has been consistent. Some people will be shocked to wake up and see it +20 later this year!!! Pray Pray Pray
Thieves
hisah
#171 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2015 4:12:31 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
hisah wrote:
murchr wrote:
hisah wrote:

@hisah. we need to talk. what's going on in the market. The market is not reacting to good results, in fact trending downwards. meanwhile KCB and Safaricom are the only large caps rallying.

Are they setting the pace for the rest, or, is it the party before the music stops? I can tell for sure there's something happening, but i don't know what. Furthermore, how does 2015,2016 horizon look like?? up, down or flat.

In a bear market you still find strength in some counters just as there are laggards in a bull. So far mpesa bank, kcb, eabl and kplc have solid legs as the market takes a breather. I expect KNRE to join them at some point. Total too will also float in this tide. 2014 was tough and 2015 the cherry picking begins. No more public parties. Invite only. Fundies will command going forward.
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
murchr
#172 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2015 4:58:38 PM

hisah wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
hisah wrote:
murchr wrote:
hisah wrote:

In a bear market you still find strength in some counters just as there are laggards in a bull. So far mpesa bank, kcb, eabl and kplc have solid legs as the market takes a breather. I expect KNRE to join them at some point. Total too will also float in this tide. 2014 was tough and 2015 the cherry picking begins. No more public parties. Invite only. Fundies will command going forward.

hisah
#173 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2015 3:46:51 AM

The price meltup (price chasing) is locally driven.

http://www.businessdaily...2/-/14isj6h/-/index.html
Gatheuzi
#174 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2015 8:05:11 AM

[quote=hisah]The price meltup (price chasing) is locally driven.

http://www.businessdaily.../-/14isj6h/-/index.html[/quote]

So foreigners who bought around 12 are now exiting while wanjiku is joining the party somewhat late at 17. Soon there will be crying and gnashing of teeth.
Time is money, so money is time. Money saved is time gained in reverse! Money stores your life’s energy. You expend your energy, get paid money, and store that money for a future purchase made in a currency.
Gatheuzi
#175 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2015 8:07:56 AM

hisah wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
hisah wrote:
murchr wrote:
hisah wrote:

Guys mark those letters, we shall revisit this later.
Time is money, so money is time. Money saved is time gained in reverse! Money stores your life’s energy. You expend your energy, get paid money, and store that money for a future purchase made in a currency.
watesh
#176 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2015 10:21:07 AM

Gatheuzi wrote:

So foreigners who bought around 12 are now exiting while wanjiku is joining the party somewhat late at 17. Soon there will be crying and gnashing of teeth.

Settop box are coming, new big product!!!!!The price will stay high
The optimist
#177 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2015 11:16:05 AM

Gatheuzi wrote:

IMHO Safaricom is a super brand. The price has not maxed yet and we shall sing this song of people being caught in a bull trap only to regret why the bus left without us. These were the same sentiments when the bus was at station 7/-.
lochaz-index
#178 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2015 1:10:15 PM

The optimist wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:

IMHO Safaricom is a super brand. The price has not maxed yet and we shall sing this song of people being caught in a bull trap only to regret why the bus left without us. These were the same sentiments when the bus was at station 7/-.

The sucker punch doesn't come until the above average investor has been fooled into believing that the bull will run unabated.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
mlennyma
#179 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2015 1:53:01 PM

Safcom leads banks to take all shylock business,they must enter with caution knowing a shylock holds some personal assets to sell when the borrower defaults
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
VituVingiSana
#180 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2015 8:49:08 PM

mlennyma wrote:
Safcom leads banks to take all shylock business,they must enter with caution knowing a shylock holds some personal assets to sell when the borrower defaults

What does 'lending' airtime cost Safcom? Almost zero.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett