3 Pages<123
Kenya Premier League 2015 (Woes)
nakujua
#41 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2015 11:31:55 PM

Othelo wrote:
McReggae wrote:
Alba wrote:
nakujua wrote:

kwani which matches are supersport broadcasting, if azam paid all that cash for the division one league then I don't know what their reasoning was.

I was wondering the same thing.
The FKF-PL has irrelevant teams with low quality players. Why is Azam willing to shell out Ksh 207 million to televise a league that nobody watches? Do they have money to throw away?

Maybe they are Nyamweya has promised them that FIFA will ban KPL and the FKF league will be the only relevant league. There is a FIFA delegation visiting Kenya this week. Maybe they will armtwist KPL into folding.

If FIFA bans KPL then let the govt go ahead and ban FKF so that FIFA can ban Kenya if they like, some sanity needs to prevail for the local game to thrive!!!!

If FIFA bans KPL, be rest assured that there will be no football games. Hiyo FKF watacheza wapi?

This is funny, now we have azam sponsoring fkf and supersport sponsoring kpl - enyewe huyu nyamwea ako juu, if he sold that to azam, but just to give azam the benefit of doubt - must be they are hoping the stalemate will be resolved and they will still end up with the rights.
McReggae
#42 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2015 1:08:41 PM

nakujua wrote:
Othelo wrote:
McReggae wrote:
Alba wrote:
nakujua wrote:

kwani which matches are supersport broadcasting, if azam paid all that cash for the division one league then I don't know what their reasoning was.

The FKF-PL has irrelevant teams with low quality players. Why is Azam willing to shell out Ksh 207 million to televise a league that nobody watches? Do they have money to throw away?

Maybe they are Nyamweya has promised them that FIFA will ban KPL and the FKF league will be the only relevant league. There is a FIFA delegation visiting Kenya this week. Maybe they will armtwist KPL into folding.

If FIFA bans KPL then let the govt go ahead and ban FKF so that FIFA can ban Kenya if they like, some sanity needs to prevail for the local game to thrive!!!!

If FIFA bans KPL, be rest assured that there will be no football games. Hiyo FKF watacheza wapi?

This is funny, now we have azam sponsoring fkf and supersport sponsoring kpl - enyewe huyu nyamwea ako juu, if he sold that to azam, but just to give azam the benefit of doubt - must be they are hoping the stalemate will be resolved and they will still end up with the rights.

Azam stays with FKF, KPL with SS runs the league till end of season (Same 16 teams of last season). Next season they have to make a new MoU but part of will be a league of 18 where KPL will relegate 4 teams and Nyamweya comes with 6 new teams!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
Alba
#43 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2015 3:50:28 PM

@Nakujua is correct I think. Azam must have assumed that FIFA would rule in favor of Nyamweya. I do not see how else they would pour 207 million into a league that nobody watches.

In fact I will go a step further and theorize that it was Azam who came to Nyamweya with the idea to take over running the top tier league. This was Azam's way of muscling supersport out of the picture.

Now what about Shabana? After all that hulabaloo of being added 15 points, they are still stuck in a lower league.
Obi 1 Kanobi
#44 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2015 4:27:59 PM

Alba wrote:
@Nakujua is correct I think. Azam must have assumed that FIFA would rule in favor of Nyamweya. I do not see how else they would pour 207 million into a league that nobody watches.

In fact I will go a step further and theorize that it was Azam who came to Nyamweya with the idea to take over running the top tier league. This was Azam's way of muscling supersport out of the picture.

Now what about Shabana? After all that hulabaloo of being added 15 points, they are still stuck in a lower league.

We are not sure how the deal for the 207M gets spread out. it could be for 10 yearsLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Or it could be paid in kind, yani nonsense tv coverage valuation arrived at on a dinner napkin by Nyamweya and Azam guy.

I can almost bet if eventually KPL moves to Azam TV, they will immeadiately spin it off to SS for 10 times the amount that gets paid to teams and players (thats how deals are made in this country). I hope KPL and all teams and players remain chonjo and ensure they are dealing directly with SS on the matter of future TV rights for the league and not some other third party.

SS has already turned football coverage in Kenya into gold and vultures like Nyamweya just want to cash in for free.
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
Othelo
#45 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2015 4:36:53 PM

This Azam guys will broadcast their games using which medium (e.g. SS is on DSTV platform) ........... asking for a friend?
Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune - Jim Rohn.
nakujua
#46 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2015 10:01:01 AM

McReggae wrote:
nakujua wrote:
Othelo wrote:
McReggae wrote:
Alba wrote:
nakujua wrote:

Azam stays with FKF, KPL with SS runs the league till end of season (Same 16 teams of last season). Next season they have to make a new MoU but part of will be a league of 18 where KPL will relegate 4 teams and Nyamweya comes with 6 new teams!!!

Get it now, azam must be betting on next year then, assuming that fkf will be the ones running the combined league - if that's the case then its a smart move on azams part.
nakujua
#47 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2015 10:03:25 AM

Othelo wrote:
This Azam guys will broadcast their games using which medium (e.g. SS is on DSTV platform) ........... asking for a friend?

Azam tv is available locally - its a satellite tv just like dstv and currently they have two channels that broadcast the tanzanian league, not up to the standards of ss but decent enough to watch.
Sober
#48 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2015 8:04:37 AM

kaka2za wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Othelo wrote:
McReggae wrote:
Alba wrote:
nakujua wrote:

And if Kenya is "burned" by FIFA then what are the fate of kina @Mariga,@Wanyama, @Oliek and those high flying Kenyans in top leagues huku mayuu?

Pros who are on contract will not be affected. However it would impossible for locally based players to join clubs in other countries.

FIFA can only ban us if thre is clear GOK interference, that's why there has been some reluctance in Wario coming in forcefully. GOK is hoping that the solution comes from within FKF and KPL. But with the teams going on with their matches as if all is well is a disturbing thing.
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'
Alba
#49 Posted : Monday, April 06, 2015 5:23:03 PM

Those MP Silva chaps are really intent on making Nyamweya rich and ensuring he stays FKF chairman forever.

They have signed another Ksh 270 million contract with Nyamweya. And this is only days after Nyamweya was named in the EACC corruption report.

And you know Nyamweya runs Harambee stars using his own bank account where he is the only signatory. Now he can bribe delegates to ensure he is easily re-eleccted in October.
nakujua
#50 Posted : Tuesday, June 02, 2015 5:28:49 PM

FKF Premier League hit by financial crisis

Quote:

“We are satisfied by the standards of officiating and competition this season, but the lack of money (grants) could undo all this gains we have made in the past few months,” Zoo FC coach Ken Ochieng’ added.
Alba
#51 Posted : Tuesday, June 02, 2015 9:25:31 PM

nakujua wrote:
FKF Premier League hit by financial crisis

Quote:

“We are satisfied by the standards of officiating and competition this season, but the lack of money (grants) could undo all this gains we have made in the past few months,” Zoo FC coach Ken Ochieng’ added.

A company of MP Silva's calibre should have known better than to do business with Nyamweya