wazua Thu, Apr 18, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

11 Pages«<23456>»
KenolKobil FY14 PAT up 95%
DBLyon
#61 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2015 1:13:02 PM

Did I miss the memo? Declare your holdings on your sign off?
Aguytrying, if those are your holdings we have pretty similar tastes. Or similar thinking.

TPS is gold. Unrecognized value, though.
When you live for others' opinions, you are dead.

- Carlos Slim Helu
Aguytrying
#62 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2015 1:54:52 PM

DBLyon wrote:
Did I miss the memo? Declare your holdings on your sign off?
Aguytrying, if those are your holdings we have pretty similar tastes. Or similar thinking.

TPS is gold. Unrecognized value, though.

There's no memo. Being a stocks forum, fugured it wouldn't hurt. great minds...
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
derick
#63 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2015 12:05:37 AM

http://www.businessdaily...4/-/2reuofz/-/index.html
Your income is directly related to your philosophy, Not the economy.-Jim Rohn
VituVingiSana
#64 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2015 7:49:52 AM

Whereas it is good to have less debt, debt is also how a firm can leverage its balance sheet or assets. In the OTS business, debt is needed when bringing in cargoes of $10-50mn each. Not many firms have that much cash in the bank.

I am leery about reducing leverage just for the sake of reducing leverage. The hedges (pure speculation on currency and oil prices) by Segman is what hurt KK not the debt.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Aguytrying
#65 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2015 10:35:50 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Whereas it is good to have less debt, debt is also how a firm can leverage its balance sheet or assets. In the OTS business, debt is needed when bringing in cargoes of $10-50mn each. Not many firms have that much cash in the bank.

I am leery about reducing leverage just for the sake of reducing leverage. The hedges (pure speculation on currency and oil prices) by Segman is what hurt KK not the debt.

I think he's doing what the company needs right now. He's a true investor watching the downside more than the upside.
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
VituVingiSana
#66 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2015 11:14:06 AM

Aguytrying wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

I think he's doing what the company needs right now. He's a true investor watching the downside more than the upside.

I visit KK stations and I think DO has skimped on maintenance. This is biting KK now and will hurt in the future as customers move to Total/Shell. Have you used the super-slow K-Card?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Aguytrying
#67 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2015 11:35:44 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

I visit KK stations and I think DO has skimped on maintenance. This is biting KK now and will hurt in the future as customers move to Total/Shell. Have you used the super-slow K-Card?

This is a major worry since we last talked about it. I'm hoping when the debts stop biting he will spruce up the stations and service. even I don't feel like fuelling there sadly. But there was a time KK was the place to fuel.

Im actually wondering where the bulk of turnover is heading to. Not from Jet fuel, Not from power generators. Could he be concentrating more on subsidiaries outside kenya Vs Kenya. (the 37 new stations acquired by subsidiaries comes to mind)
VituVingiSana
#68 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2015 11:57:14 AM

Aguytrying wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

This is a major worry since we last talked about it. I'm hoping when the debts stop biting he will spruce up the stations and service. even I don't feel like fuelling there sadly. But there was a time KK was the place to fuel.

Im actually wondering where the bulk of turnover is heading to. Not from Jet fuel, Not from power generators. Could he be concentrating more on subsidiaries outside kenya Vs Kenya. (the 37 new stations acquired by subsidiaries comes to mind)
Yes, the faster growth is from the subs (especially Rwanda which supplies DRC) and not Kenya.
Gordon Gekko
#69 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2015 12:35:06 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

I used it loyally, state of service stations not withstanding till the day they removed the ksh 2/- incentive.
derick
#70 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2015 12:39:58 PM

Iam jumping back into this bus again. Placed my order@9.40 hope I will get it before the market close down.
Aguytrying
#71 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2015 1:02:52 PM

derick wrote:
Iam jumping back into this bus again. Placed my order@9.40 hope I will get it before the market close down.

Even Sub 9.00 we are headed there I think. But the day the market will stop ignoring KK, It will be fireworks
mlennyma
#72 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2015 1:44:28 PM

derick wrote:

thankyou for making the brokers and gvt more rich.
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
Realtreaty
#73 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2015 2:26:12 PM

derick
#74 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2015 2:47:13 PM

mlennyma wrote:
derick wrote:

thankyou for making the brokers and gvt more rich.

@Mlennyma with 33,700@ 10 bob @ an average of 8.4,I managed to lock in some profit.
Gordon Gekko
#75 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2015 4:25:33 PM

Dear Shareholder,
Further to the 2014 audited Group results announcement, our Group Managing Director David Ohana was interviewed by two leading international TV news channels;
CCTV and CNBC Africa. You may watch the interviews via the links below.

CCTV https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RrFNIBuEQE (KenolKobil news item starts at 9:24)
CNBC http://www.cnbcafrica.co...eo/?bctid=4133478651001

Regards,
Caroline Mavuti
Brand Manager
KenolKobil Limited |
earthvoice
#76 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2015 5:00:23 PM

Gordon Gekko wrote:
Dear Shareholder,
Further to the 2014 audited Group results announcement, our Group Managing Director David Ohana was interviewed by two leading international TV news channels;

CCTV https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RrFNIBuEQE (KenolKobil news item starts at 9:24)

Regards,
Caroline Mavuti
Brand Manager
KenolKobil Limited |

He seems pretty happy with Q1 2015 and quietly confident in his outlook for 2015.
"All intelligent investing is value investing -- acquiring more than you are paying for. You must value the business in order to value the stock." - Charlie Munger.
derick
#77 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2015 5:07:01 PM

Gordon Gekko wrote:
Dear Shareholder,

Regards,
Caroline Mavuti
Brand Manager
KenolKobil Limited |

He sounded soo confident

mlennyma
#78 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2015 5:40:25 PM

Gordon Gekko wrote:
Dear Shareholder,

Regards,
Caroline Mavuti
Brand Manager
KenolKobil Limited |

this is the Gospel we want preached atleast every 3 months
mlennyma
#79 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2015 5:57:13 PM

Looking at kq,we have every reason to be smiling at kk
VituVingiSana
#80 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2015 6:41:36 PM

Gordon Gekko wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

I used it loyally, state of service stations not withstanding till the day they removed the ksh 2/- incentive.

We do not want cheapskates like you! Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly ... The 2/- incentive is till there but on the K-Card. They need to allow easier top-ups of the K-Card. Or change to a provider like Equity/KCB/I&M who deal in this business line!