wazua Sat, Oct 5, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

773 Pages«<7374757677>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
Ericsson
#1481 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2015 9:48:54 AM

@VituVingiSana,Obiero;

KQ will make the biggest loss in Kenya's corporate history.
I foresee minimum loss ksh.18bn before tax.
This will wipe out all the retained earnings and company will now be technically insolvent

By the time the budget is read we will be doing the last rites of the company becoming insolvent
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
TheGeek
#1482 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2015 9:49:22 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
I missed that interview. Any links?

LINK
In the world of securities, courage and patience become the supreme virtues after adequate knowledge and a tested judgment are at hand.
ike
#1483 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2015 10:03:33 AM

On the bright side, Gunze seems like a bright guy.I liked the way he kept shareholders optimistic by cleverly, clearly and honestly answering the questions.
mlennyma
#1484 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2015 10:05:54 AM

ike wrote:
On the bright side, Gunze seems like a bright guy.I liked the way he kept shareholders optimistic by cleverly, clearly and honestly answering the questions.

true,but he needs the money to transform kq I listened to him,he is a great mind.
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
VituVingiSana
#1485 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2015 10:06:09 AM

TheGeek wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

LINK
Thanks!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#1486 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2015 10:18:17 AM

Ericsson wrote:
And the loss will be bigger than ever

Safaricom??

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 23,800 ABP 6.45
Ericsson
#1487 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2015 10:21:48 AM

Should be in the thread of Kq
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
maka
#1488 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2015 10:40:43 AM

mlennyma wrote:
ike wrote:

true,but he needs the money to transform kq I listened to him,he is a great mind.

He might be bright but the one guy who would have taken KQ places is one Yves Guibert...this fellow would blow you away with his knowledge on the airline industry.

https://www.kenya-airway...rmation/Management_Team/
possunt quia posse videntur
muganda
#1489 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2015 10:41:33 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
TheGeek wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

LINK
Thanks!

Jeremy Ngunze (CBA) is Mbuvi Ngunze's (KQ) older brother ! Wow !!

VituVingiSana
#1490 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2015 10:53:01 AM

muganda wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
TheGeek wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

LINK
Thanks!

Jeremy Ngunze (CBA) is Mbuvi Ngunze's (KQ) older brother ! Wow !!

Connected right to the top! Though I can bet you CBA will not lend KQ money unless it is guaranteed by State House!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
ike
#1491 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2015 11:31:51 AM

maka wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
[quote=ike]On the bright side, Gunze seems like a bright guy.I liked the way he kept shareholders optimistic by cleverly, clearly and honestly answering the questions.

He might be bright but the one guy who would have taken KQ places is one Yves Guibert...this fellow would blow you away with his knowledge on the airline industry.

https://www.kenya-airway...mation/Management_Team/[/quote]
A firm knowledge of the industry is important but there is that extra factor to leadership.
kollabo
#1492 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2015 12:35:27 PM

obiero wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
This man admitting he is paying his workforce with debt money,how long can he do that??

Hehe. That was embarassing. But what did u expect him to say?? my only problem with the interview is when he said 'we do not need a bail out at the moment'.. that means he believes we can get there

Did you notice the long pause after he was asked that question?
Gordon Gekko
#1493 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2015 12:57:04 PM

ike wrote:

Ngunze is a great guy no doubt, but my position is still the same - he is not right for CEO. He's a consultant - lofty unworkable ideas which he peddles very eloquently. What of substance did you pick out from the TerryAnn interview? KQ needs a dukawala to run it, FMCG mindset. BTW what happened to the ticketing office at Tea Room?
KQ faces unprecedented challenges, wouldn't you feel more comfortable with a Vimal Shah at the helm? Or that ex Nakumatt CEO who had the longest name?
ProverB
#1494 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2015 1:04:09 PM

Years later.... still as Crap a stock as i first thought it to be..

In a Parallel universe Tito would be the anti-christ for sure. Brick wall Brick wall
..Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven...Matt5:16
- 1769 Oxford King James Bible 'Authorized Version
King G
#1495 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2015 1:11:02 PM

This ship will sink with many Wanjiku plus GoK which again is Wanjiku's money (Wanjiku = @obiero & co.)
Thieves
Cde Monomotapa
#1496 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2015 1:50:38 PM

The talk of a bond can be a script from KK to retire existing stock of debt and get a longer tenor & a better rate, freeing up cash flow.
mlennyma
#1497 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2015 2:03:20 PM

Gordon Gekko wrote:
ike wrote:

Ngunze is a great guy no doubt, but my position is still the same - he is not right for CEO. He's a consultant - lofty unworkable ideas which he peddles very eloquently. What of substance did you pick out from the TerryAnn interview? KQ needs a dukawala to run it, FMCG mindset. BTW what happened to the ticketing office at Tea Room?
KQ faces unprecedented challenges, wouldn't you feel more comfortable with a Vimal Shah at the helm? Or that ex Nakumatt CEO who had the longest name?

Sad Vimal shah whose workers were on the streets this week starving of poor pay and working conditions,this are pple with very crude thinking on workers remuneration
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
maka
#1498 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2015 2:29:06 PM

Gordon Gekko wrote:
ike wrote:

True ask what most of the mid level managers spend their time doing trainings, trainings and more trainings...implementation on paper and not on ground,OTP is seriously fluctuating nothing concrete from these forums and all the paper work accompanying them...
possunt quia posse videntur
ike
#1499 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2015 2:57:40 PM

obiero wrote:
Cde Monomotapa wrote:
ike wrote:
TheGeek wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
loading up still. will only rest when I reach 200,000 shares.. im not blind to the troubles being faced at the moment but I am certain that a 180 degree turn around shall come, soon. Possibly before 2018

Are you pumping KQ up so you can make the smart decision & dump? Liar Shame on you Shame on you Liar

Did I just hear ngunze state on national tv that KQ is hedging up to 80% of their fuel budget and their bill is higher than current fuel prices.

kq should do away with hedging that has consistently made them losses. and anyway who couldn't guess fuel prices were going down with all these oil deposits discovery everywhere.

A credibility issue arose to me btwn the annual report & bloggers, whereby the last annual report indicated 51% hedge to Mar. 2015. So when were the 80% hedges done? Since I'd like to rely more on the annual report..

At 80% hedge then it means for every 100 bob KQ spent on fuel it is now spending 90 bob? A wild guess of efficiency of the 'youngest fleet in Africa' of 15% gives 67.5 bob.

Heh, the fuel drop is/was the easiest trick in the book. Now, it will take deep scalping. Those new routes better be worth the hustle.

Let's see.

Btw, ngunze admitted that they have leeway to hedge upto 80%, not that they had hedged by that margin

of course that was only a polite way of giving light to the current situation which he admits is bad. He even mentioned they can hedge from 2 months to 1 year. A bad situation with good leadership is only temporary so take heart...but add cautiously.
Cde Monomotapa
#1500 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2015 3:09:07 PM

ike wrote:
obiero wrote:
Cde Monomotapa wrote:
ike wrote:
TheGeek wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
loading up still. will only rest when I reach 200,000 shares.. im not blind to the troubles being faced at the moment but I am certain that a 180 degree turn around shall come, soon. Possibly before 2018

Are you pumping KQ up so you can make the smart decision & dump? Liar Shame on you Shame on you Liar

Did I just hear ngunze state on national tv that KQ is hedging up to 80% of their fuel budget and their bill is higher than current fuel prices.

kq should do away with hedging that has consistently made them losses. and anyway who couldn't guess fuel prices were going down with all these oil deposits discovery everywhere.

A credibility issue arose to me btwn the annual report & bloggers, whereby the last annual report indicated 51% hedge to Mar. 2015. So when were the 80% hedges done? Since I'd like to rely more on the annual report..

At 80% hedge then it means for every 100 bob KQ spent on fuel it is now spending 90 bob? A wild guess of efficiency of the 'youngest fleet in Africa' of 15% gives 67.5 bob.

Heh, the fuel drop is/was the easiest trick in the book. Now, it will take deep scalping. Those new routes better be worth the hustle.

Let's see.

Btw, ngunze admitted that they have leeway to hedge upto 80%, not that they had hedged by that margin

of course that was only a polite way of giving light to the current situation which he admits is bad. He even mentioned they can hedge from 2 months to 1 year. A bad situation with good leadership is only temporary so take heart... but stop adding.

@Obiero, thanks. Noted that. There is a past annual report that has the breakdown disclosed. OK. This thread is just spawning into Club SK quality. Wale wamekata kura, wamekata shauri.