wazua Sat, Oct 5, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

773 Pages«<7071727374>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
Gatheuzi
#1421 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2015 7:27:23 AM

This tells us how hard it is for pals to save and invest.@ 60 earning more than a million before allowances and still one is not financially independent?
Time is money, so money is time. Money saved is time gained in reverse! Money stores your life’s energy. You expend your energy, get paid money, and store that money for a future purchase made in a currency.
whiteowl
#1422 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2015 7:58:34 AM

whiteowl
#1423 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2015 8:00:13 AM

Gatheuzi wrote:
This tells us how hard it is for pals to save and invest.@ 60 earning more than a million before allowances and still one is not financially independent?

It was the same case with the guys at Coop ,just poor personal financial planning.
Aguytrying
#1424 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2015 9:35:18 AM

Has anyone noticed that. Some stocks get sooo much attention and interest yet they are constant underperformers, share price and even profits wise. KQ, Mumias and Kenol Kobil.

Why are we fixated on these stocks?
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
Pesa Nane
#1425 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2015 9:58:12 AM

Quote:

PRESS STATEMENT

MARCH 19, 2015 –Kenya Airways wishes to notify its customers that it has reduced its frequencies by to Da(r)-es- Salaam from 42 to 14 per week and will now fly only twice daily to Dar –Es-Salaam from today March 19th March 2015.

This is as a result of a communication from the Tanzania Civil Aviation Authority to the Kenya Civil Aviation Authority reducing flight frequencies of Kenyan carriers into Tanzania.

Kenya Airways operates 5 daily flights to Dar-es-Salaam and one to Kilimanjaro and one to Zanzibar.

Noting that Bilateral Air Services Agreements (BASA) are negotiated between governments, we are aware that the relevant Kenya Government agencies have reached out to their Tanzanian counterparts in a bid to resolve the issue.

Transport is a critical pillar in the integration of the East African Community. As such, expeditious resolution of the pending issues pertaining to the BASA is crucial in fast-tracking regional integration.

Kenya Airways remains committed to continue playing its role in promoting the growth of the regional economy and working with all stakeholders in achieving this goal.

We apologize to all our customers for the inconvenience caused during this period.

Ends/…..
Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
Boris Boyka
#1426 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2015 9:58:35 AM

Aguytrying wrote:
Has anyone noticed that. Some stocks get sooo much attention and interest yet they are constant underperformers, share price and even profits wise. KQ, Mumias and Kenol Kobil.

These are companies which had reputation and are at "low" prices...there is HOPE that the gvt will chip in and they recover. They are like your parents, no matter how old and schupid they appear you have to attend to them.
Everybody STEALS, a THIEF is one who's CAUGHT stealing something of LITTLE VALUE. !!!
Aguytrying
#1427 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2015 10:20:50 AM

Boris Boyka wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:

These are companies which had reputation and are at "low" prices...there is HOPE that the gvt will chip in and they recover. They are like your parents, no matter how old and schupid they appear you have to attend to them.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly made my day
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
Impunity
#1428 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2015 10:21:31 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
I am glad I bailed out of this plane just waiting to crash. never invest in a firm where unionized employees can bend you over at will and have their way. Warren Buffett said never invest in airlines for the long-term.
And KQ's employees aren't shareholders either. they are in it for the cash not growth or ownership. this non-ownership starts from the top. only person getting rimmed is the shareholder.

Dear @Obiero, I tried to warn you on many occasions. Good luck.

But even you its a well known fact here in wazua that you have been shafted dearly by KK.
Thats a fact, u win here and lose somewhere else!
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

dunkang
#1429 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2015 10:29:07 AM

Aguytrying wrote:

Especially KenolKobil. I have never understood the logic why its always been discussed by almost everyone, always!
Receive with simplicity everything that happens to you.” ― Rashi

Aguytrying
#1430 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2015 10:58:41 AM

Impunity wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
I am glad I bailed out of this plane just waiting to crash. never invest in a firm where unionized employees can bend you over at will and have their way. Warren Buffett said never invest in airlines for the long-term.
And KQ's employees aren't shareholders either. they are in it for the cash not growth or ownership. this non-ownership starts from the top. only person getting rimmed is the shareholder.

Dear @Obiero, I tried to warn you on many occasions. Good luck.

But even you its a well known fact here in wazua that you have been shafted dearly by KK.

Laughing out loudly What a graphic post. Ni friday kweli
Aguytrying
#1431 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2015 11:03:00 AM

dunkang wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:

Especially KenolKobil. I have never understood the logic why its always been discussed by almost everyone, always!

And you think it might help the share, but it doesn't. Look at Crown Berger. Undiscussed almost totally. Rallied from 20.00 to 150.00 in less than 2 years. That's 750% growth!!
VituVingiSana
#1432 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2015 5:55:02 PM

Aguytrying wrote:

Yes and No. I could make this a snappy one-liner but I am more interested in the process/methodology.

Not losing money (lost opportunity cost is very high vs Equity, Safaricom, Britam, etc) but not very happy with the firm's performance to-date. KK needs to have made at least an EPS of 1/- for 2014.

Post hedging losses and post--Segman, I took a good re-look then attended all the AGMs, Investor Briefings and asked questions. I was persuaded by positive (biased) Kestrel reports. Then at 8-9, I went all-in banking on the future.

Could I be wrong? Yes. Why? 1) Price controls 2) Sales by biwott & friends (Chery) 3) Poor market conditions

I sold all my KQ at 13-14 & bought into KK at a 1.5 ratio.

I am not bothered with price movements (I like discounted shares just like Warren Buffett) as much as the trend in profit (& cashflow) movements. That's where I see my payoff as profits & cashflows steadily increase. The major shareholder still owns a huge stake thus his representatives are watching the numbers. Ohana has to prove himself a worthy successor to Segman. I don't know if Ohana has shares in KK but I will ask at the next AGM.

KK fell into a huge rut/hole but is getting out. Small 2013 profit. Larger 2014 profit. And hopefully, a much larger 2015 profit. Endgame is a buyout at a significant premium to the current price.

KQ isn't recovering. Constant pilot\staff battles. Insignificant ownership by staff/management/board. Huge losses since 2012 without gains in market share. NAV is dropping. Cash inflows from sale of assets eg land in Embakasi are used up to service (not reduce) debt.

P.S. I screwed up on not picking Safaricom vs KK based on perceived (but non-existent) competition from Airtel.

All in all, I am comfy with KK based on my projected EPS (low-ish PER), PB (based on my revaluation guesstimates vs Historic Book Value), reduced debt (and cost of servicing) and future growth in sales (increased volumes excluding OTS, trading and Jet-A1).

Could I be wrong? YES. How wrong? I estimate my downside over the next 3 years is limited to lack of profits not losses.

To paraphrase Warren Buffett, if I had 15bn, I would buy the entire firm. Lock, stock & barrel.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#1433 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2015 8:53:20 PM

Pesa Nane wrote:
Quote:

PRESS STATEMENT

MARCH 19, 2015 –Kenya Airways wishes to notify its customers that it has reduced its frequencies by to Da(r)-es- Salaam from 42 to 14 per week and will now fly only twice daily to Dar –Es-Salaam from today March 19th March 2015.

This is as a result of a communication from the Tanzania Civil Aviation Authority to the Kenya Civil Aviation Authority reducing flight frequencies of Kenyan carriers into Tanzania.

Kenya Airways operates 5 daily flights to Dar-es-Salaam and one to Kilimanjaro and one to Zanzibar.

Noting that Bilateral Air Services Agreements (BASA) are negotiated between governments, we are aware that the relevant Kenya Government agencies have reached out to their Tanzanian counterparts in a bid to resolve the issue.

Transport is a critical pillar in the integration of the East African Community. As such, expeditious resolution of the pending issues pertaining to the BASA is crucial in fast-tracking regional integration.

Kenya Airways remains committed to continue playing its role in promoting the growth of the regional economy and working with all stakeholders in achieving this goal.

We apologize to all our customers for the inconvenience caused during this period.

Ends/…..

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 23,800 ABP 6.45
obiero
#1434 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2015 8:54:53 PM

Pesa Nane wrote:
Quote:

PRESS STATEMENT

Ends/…..

Watanzania wamerogwa??

derick
#1435 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2015 11:52:27 PM

obiero wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
Quote:

PRESS STATEMENT

Ends/…..

Watanzania wamerogwa??

http://www.businessdaily...0/-/shn437z/-/index.html
Your income is directly related to your philosophy, Not the economy.-Jim Rohn
Gordon Gekko
#1436 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2015 4:33:57 PM

Kenya Airways to resume normal flights in TZ. CS Amina Mohammed says Pres.Kenyatta and Kikwete agreed as much yesterday in Namibia @ntvkenya
obiero
#1437 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2015 6:56:42 AM

Gordon Gekko wrote:
Kenya Airways to resume normal flights in TZ. CS Amina Mohammed says Pres.Kenyatta and Kikwete agreed as much yesterday in Namibia @ntvkenya

Thank Jesus this news came in before market opens

Siringi
#1438 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2015 10:22:52 AM

How-kenya-airways-was-run-down-and-why-the-airline-might-cease-operation-very-soon <==== TRUTH OR FICTION?
"😖😡KQ makes money for everyone except the shareholder 😏😏 " overheard in Wazua
mlennyma
#1439 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2015 10:28:14 AM

beware of companies where the gvt has big stake,corruption can easily thrive and the looters go free
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
Rahatupu
#1440 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2015 11:02:49 AM

Will they respond to these cheap but damaging allegations?