wazua Sun, May 5, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Getting attached to a Trade
drake
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2010 2:11:03 AM

You love competition and more importantly, beating it. You hate being wrong. It's either your way or Waiyaki way... How then, do you prevent from getting too attached to a position? How do you keep from getting emotional on a trade / when trading?

Experience? Religion? Strategy? Testosterone?

May the more seasoned members of our forum give us some insight on this.

http://www.time.com/time...,1849374_1779304,00.html
kebaya
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2010 10:26:20 AM

on my part..experience and strategy. I have ever held a position, it left me bleeding..

Strategy in the sense i learnt..trading is all about beating odds..like tossing of coins...if your trading strategy gives you more heads than tails with just 5 tosses..then just cut your losing position soon cuz...the good positions will cover your small loss.

that gave me peace..game theory.
Grabbing the bull by the horns till am the last trader standing
Scubidu
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2010 11:03:03 AM

Testosterone...for traders I know, bragging rights...quick tell everyone how much money they've made...but personally I'd go with experience...there's nothing new in the game, just new ways of attracting the greatest fools. I find once you've done the due diligence and research emotions have minimum influence on your position; though I'm not much of a trader, more of an observer and long term investor.
“We are the middle children of history man, no purpose or place. We have no great war, no great depression. Our great war is a spiritual war, our great depression is our lives!" – Tyler Durden
kizee
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2010 2:39:27 PM

well

i am a trader...my teacher made sure i understood discipline before anything else...i never hold on to a bad position despite my view...exit and entry points are clear to the point that i leave limit orders to take profit or cut losses...
muganda
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2010 2:41:15 PM

@drake, fine one - almost missed it. Sometimes this Wazua, turn away a few hours, and too much to catch up.

From two movies, I learnt:
Secret to riches and comedy is the same as the secret to a good wine - Timing!

Difference between winners other players is that they avoid distractions and don't loose their nerve - Calm!

With experience you can acquire the mindset.
kizee
#6 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2010 2:41:15 PM

well

i am a trader...my teacher made sure i understood discipline before anything else...i never hold on to a bad position despite my view...exit and entry points are clear to the point that i leave limit orders to take profit or cut losses...
kizee
#7 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2010 2:42:21 PM

well