Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

773 Pages«<6970717273>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
obiero
#1401 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2015 11:42:35 PM

Sober wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
I am buying more KQ using proceeds from the KCB sale. It may look like insanity right now, but kindly lets compare notes in a few month's time

Months did I read write?

I am going in now, this is lower than the IPO price of KShs 11.25 per share where a total of 235 million shares were offered in April 1996. Hii market kweli sio ya mama ya mtu.

@maka.. this was a non issue.. hii pilots mzee wacha waende. they eat too much money hadi wanaeza lala mid-air
@sober.. these prices have been around since last year. karibu ndani

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 23,800 ABP 6.45
subaru
#1402 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2015 9:49:14 AM

maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
I am buying more KQ using proceeds from the KCB sale. It may look like insanity right now, but kindly lets compare notes in a few month's time

Months did I read write?

years you heard it right
maka
#1403 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2015 9:57:09 AM

subaru wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:

Months did I read right?

years you heard it right

possunt quia posse videntur
derick
#1404 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2015 10:59:56 AM

Flights hitch as KQ pilot go-slow begins to bite - http://www.the-star.co.k...lot-go-slow-begins-bite via @TheStarKenya
Your income is directly related to your philosophy, Not the economy.-Jim Rohn
maka
#1405 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2015 11:22:19 AM

derick wrote:
Flights hitch as KQ pilot go-slow begins to bite - http://www.the-star.co.k...lot-go-slow-begins-bite via @TheStarKenya

More flights cancelled today...yesterday 130 passengers had to be booked into hotels you can imagine the expenses....
derick
#1406 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2015 11:56:38 AM

maka wrote:
derick wrote:

More flights cancelled today...yesterday 130 passengers had to be booked into hotels you can imagine the expenses....

That translates to loses
Your income is directly related to your philosophy, Not the economy.-Jim Rohn
mlennyma
#1407 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2015 12:00:02 PM

derick wrote:
maka wrote:
derick wrote:

That translates to loses

more serious is the damaged reputation
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
Jitahidi
#1408 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2015 12:42:36 PM

mlennyma wrote:
derick wrote:
maka wrote:
derick wrote:

That translates to loses

This is tough..action on 10 pilots leading to loss of so called goodwill which translates to flights cancellation
maka
#1409 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2015 12:51:16 PM

Jitahidi wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
derick wrote:
maka wrote:
derick wrote:

That translates to loses

This is tough..action on 10 pilots leading to loss of so called goodwill which translates to flights cancellation

It was a simple thing that could have been sorted out last week it shouldn't have been left to escalate to such levels...
Omena
#1410 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2015 1:21:08 PM

maka wrote:
Jitahidi wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
derick wrote:
maka wrote:
derick wrote:

That translates to loses

It was a simple thing that could have been sorted out last week it shouldn't have been left to escalate to such levels...

It is now glaringly obvious who is in charge at KQ... and it is not Mr. Shareholder
 It’s what you learn after you think you know it all that counts.
Gordon Gekko
#1411 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2015 1:22:59 PM

It looks as if Alban Mwendar ametuna tena. Retiring 10 staff out of a workforce of over 3k should be a routine thing.
That aside, what did the strikers expect? That these guys would be redeployed to other craft (orientation issues for a 60 yr man is not a walk in the park) and then what? Keeping them for just another three years after this training?
Their salary also didn't help much. Assuming their cheddar is 1.5 metres each. Assume also that a return ticket ebb is ksh 30,000. 50 seats a month would go to keep this guy on payroll. That's half an embraer flight on salary to one dude.
With their experience, they can get great paying jobs as trainers at the emirates and gulfairs of this world.
Omena
#1412 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2015 1:32:02 PM

The most interesting thing about this type of strike is that they cannot explain to the passengers what the issue is, because the pilots are not officially on strike. They cannot anticipate delays, so you cannot tell passengers not to come to the airport. When it happens away from the hub, they must accomodate the passengers, compensate them as per regulation, fly in a new set of crew, while dealing with lawsuits and complaints from people who have missed funerals and weddings. All this and you still cannot officially communicate with certainity the next course of action.

It is literally hanging on you know what hurts the most. IMO a dumb move to cripple the hand that feeds you.
 It’s what you learn after you think you know it all that counts.
Boris Boyka
#1413 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2015 2:19:59 PM

Once you have worked somewhere for over 10yrs,you can be retiref with benefits. Now 60+ old chesos!! these are ppl who should even apply for early retire. The other pilots are dumb schupid. How do you strike to retain an oldie when young qualified with longer working years are available?? KQ should sue the pilots and deduct the losses incurred from their benefits. This is unacceptable. The strikers have to pay for damages. Didn't they see it in recent past with banks among other instituitions...
Everybody STEALS, a THIEF is one who's CAUGHT stealing something of LITTLE VALUE. !!!
VituVingiSana
#1414 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2015 4:13:14 PM

I am glad I bailed out of this plane just waiting to crash. never invest in a firm where unionized employees can bend you over at will and have their way. Warren Buffett said never invest in airlines for the long-term.
And KQ's employees aren't shareholders either. they are in it for the cash not growth or ownership. this non-ownership starts from the top. only person getting rimmed is the shareholder.

Dear @Obiero, I tried to warn you on many occasions. Good luck.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
mlennyma
#1415 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2015 4:17:32 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
I am glad I bailed out of this plane just waiting to crash. never invest in a firm where unionized employees can bend you over at will and have their way. Warren Buffett said never invest in airlines for the long-term.
And KQ's employees aren't shareholders either. they are in it for the cash not growth or ownership. this non-ownership starts from the top. only person getting rimmed is the shareholder.

we discussed this and said kq has employed several indisplined tycoon children.
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
obiero
#1416 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2015 6:27:20 PM

mlennyma wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

we discussed this and said kq has employed several indisplined tycoon children.

@mlennyma umegonga ndipo

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 23,800 ABP 6.45
ike
#1417 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2015 6:51:12 PM

Boris Boyka wrote:
Once you have worked somewhere for over 10yrs,you can be retiref with benefits. Now 60+ old chesos!! these are ppl who should even apply for early retire. The other pilots are dumb schupid. How do you strike to retain an oldie when young qualified with longer working years are available?? KQ should sue the pilots and deduct the losses incurred from their benefits. This is unacceptable. The strikers have to pay for damages. Didn't they see it in recent past with banks among other instituitions...

The other pilots are not dumb. They are trying to save their own skin. The wave of retrenchment must start somewhere and they know they'll be next.
innairobi
#1418 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2015 6:55:29 PM

I gasped when I heard the folks are on a go slow due to "early retirement" of folks who have worked for up to 40 years.
All my friends are heathens, take it slow. Wait for them to ask you who you know. Please don't make any sudden moves.
Boris Boyka
#1419 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2015 7:07:38 PM

ike wrote:
Boris Boyka wrote:

The other pilots are not dumb. They are trying to save their own skin. The wave of retrenchment must start somewhere and they know they'll be next.

They are dumb.... any retrenchment begins with AGE!!! In a country with rapid population growth where youth (16-35) outnumber the aged (36 & above)when you work for 20yrs somewhere or your age gets to 45 expect termination anytime. so being at 60 is double bonus.
Everybody STEALS, a THIEF is one who's CAUGHT stealing something of LITTLE VALUE. !!!
maka
#1420 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2015 8:31:51 PM

Gordon Gekko wrote:
It looks as if Alban Mwendar ametuna tena. Retiring 10 staff out of a workforce of over 3k should be a routine thing.
That aside, what did the strikers expect? That these guys would be redeployed to other craft (orientation issues for a 60 yr man is not a walk in the park) and then what? Keeping them for just another three years after this training?
Their salary also didn't help much. Assuming their cheddar is 1.5 metres each. Assume also that a return ticket ebb is ksh 30,000. 50 seats a month would go to keep this guy on payroll. That's half an embraer flight on salary to one dude.
With their experience, they can get great paying jobs as trainers at the emirates and gulfairs of this world.

Interesting at GG actually most of them have go such offers and it's 1.8 metre crazy figures...Now KQ wants to sue KALPA a move that will never succeed to the best of my knowledge this wasn't under advise from HHMOraro it will only make the pilots take a hard stand am seeing this thing going.on for a few more weeks losses galore....Wish I owned a hotel right now....easy money.