wazua Thu, Apr 25, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
The Cost of Corruption!!!
digitek1
#21 Posted : Tuesday, March 03, 2015 5:21:25 PM

tycho wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
Link: Safaricom will no longer finance corruption in sports!!!

Safaricom will no longer fund Football, Rugby and Athletics because of the thuggery and corruption in the federations.

These thugs even frustrated Safaricom's support for youth football (the main thing ailing Kenyan football) by demanding 20% (of the sponsorship) as chicken!! Safaricom pulled off!

Why not just rename and justify the 'chicken', update rules of engagement and move on, instead of taking hypocritical positions?

Applause Applause Applause the 20% should be captured as affiliate costs..Safcon needs to clean its own house too
I may be wrong..but then I could be right
Alba
#22 Posted : Tuesday, March 03, 2015 5:52:08 PM

Safaricom cannot give KES 140 million for the KRFU circuit and not demand accountability. Do you folk want that money to end up in some unscrupulous official's bank account?

@Ob1Kanobi
Between 2009 and 2012, Safaricom was sponsoring a football tournament that is even more important than creating their own team. That ended when Nyamweya demanded a 20% slice of the sponsorship money.

Safaricom's model of financing grassroots youth tournaments is much better than creating yet another corporate team like Tusker or KRA or Bandari.

I do agree that Safaricom can perform goodwill say by purchasing tickets for Gor Mahia who are now Kenya's only worthy flag bearers after the U23 team was trashed 3-0 by Egypt.
Obi 1 Kanobi
#23 Posted : Tuesday, March 03, 2015 9:22:15 PM

@alba. I agree that Safcon is entitled to demand accountability from KRU, KFF and AK.

However, my point is that they have not pointed out any specific cases of corruption in KRU.

For football I am ok with them bypassing FKF completely. But i also demonstrated how other corporates are successfully supporting soccer.

For athletics, the reason given about doping is utter nonsense. Athletes dope everyday worldwide and corporates do not stop sponsorship of athletics. They certainly stop the sponsorship of the individual athlete.
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
Alba
#24 Posted : Wednesday, March 04, 2015 12:54:00 AM

@Ob1

With regard to KRU, a sponsor need not point out specific cases. They simply need to ask KRU to account for the money. If KRU cannot account for money then shame on them because it is not that difficult. They refuse to account for it because they want to eat. By the way the accusations of corruption and lack of accountability are mostly coming from KRFU affiliated clubs.

With regard to AK, doping is not the problem. The problem is AK and their lack of action about doping. They have known for years now that Kenyans are doping. But they refuse to take action. This ruins the reputation of all Kenyan athletes and possibly any sponsor.

On football, I do not think any sponsor should support FKF or any of their activities without demanding accountability. Otherwise Nyamweya will just eat. And I do not think any sponsor should associate with a club if there is no accountability. Rather than give the club money, they should directly pay players. Club officials are just as kleptomaniacal as national officials.
MaichBlack
#25 Posted : Wednesday, March 04, 2015 7:36:54 AM

digitek1 wrote:
tycho wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:

Safaricom will no longer fund Football, Rugby and Athletics because of the thuggery and corruption in the federations.

These thugs even frustrated Safaricom's support for youth football (the main thing ailing Kenyan football) by demanding 20% (of the sponsorship) as chicken!! Safaricom pulled off!

Why not just rename and justify the 'chicken', update rules of engagement and move on, instead of taking hypocritical positions?

Applause Applause Applause the 20% should be captured as affiliate costs..Safcon needs to clean its own house too

Encourage and finance corruption?????

Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
butterflyke
#26 Posted : Wednesday, March 04, 2015 7:43:37 AM

tycho wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:

Even @tycho has been compromised Sad Pray
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. - Muhammad Ali🐝
Angelica _ann
#27 Posted : Wednesday, March 04, 2015 7:45:13 AM

You guys also need to be realistic. You cannot sponsor a federation or a tournament without a percentage going to support the running of the Secretariat. That would be hypocritical. Therefore sponsors need to incorporate such in the terms & conditions.

Accountability is another issue all together...
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
tycho
#28 Posted : Wednesday, March 04, 2015 8:19:51 AM

MaichBlack wrote:
digitek1 wrote:
tycho wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:

Encourage and finance corruption?????

Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you

So far, the world is run and financed through corruption. I can't be certain that even these sponsors are corruption free. Even the way power and wealth are distributed assures us of an intensely corrupt environment, so shall the poor be the ones to pay the heavy price of lies?

To me, the poor, the exploited youth need to be strengthened and one way of doing it may involve giving the devil his due.

tycho
#29 Posted : Wednesday, March 04, 2015 8:22:39 AM

butterflyke wrote:
tycho wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:

Even @tycho has been compromised Sad Pray

Realpolitik.
kazee
#30 Posted : Wednesday, March 04, 2015 11:03:12 AM

Some sports have sponsors throwing in a lot of money in Kenya still. Take golf for example where big corporates like KQ, Safcom, KCB, Nation, Barclays, KPLC and other countless corporates sponsor golf in clubs around the country week in week out
Alba
#31 Posted : Wednesday, March 04, 2015 2:12:08 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
You guys also need to be realistic. You cannot sponsor a federation or a tournament without a percentage going to support the running of the Secretariat. That would be hypocritical. Therefore sponsors need to incorporate such in the terms & conditions.

Why does a sponsor have to support the running of the secretariat? Is'nt this why FIFA gives every federation a minimum of US $250,000 (Ksh 23 million) every year?

So you mean to tell me that on top of the 23 million, Nyamweya still needs every sponsor to support his secretariat?

And even without sponsors, each federation still gets affiliate fees, a cut of gate collections, broadcasting fees for the national team etc. And you still think a sponsor must support the secretariat?

Hii Kenya yetu kweli kuna maajabu
Or as Luambo Makiadi used to say: "Mboka oyo mboka ya makambo"

tycho
#32 Posted : Wednesday, March 04, 2015 3:11:57 PM

Alba wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

Why does a sponsor have to support the running of the secretariat? Is'nt this why FIFA gives every federation a minimum of US $250,000 (Ksh 23 million) every year?

So you mean to tell me that on top of the 23 million, Nyamweya still needs every sponsor to support his secretariat?

And even without sponsors, each federation still gets affiliate fees, a cut of gate collections, broadcasting fees for the national team etc. And you still think a sponsor must support the secretariat?

Hii Kenya yetu kweli kuna maajabu
Or as Luambo Makiadi used to say: "Mboka oyo mboka ya makambo"

Most if not all, want more money. Money is never enough, and greed isn't exclusive property.
tycho
#33 Posted : Wednesday, March 04, 2015 6:59:15 PM

The cost of not being corrupt is very high. In fact probably, unacceptably so. The cost of corruption is tolerable to our sensibility, our virtue. Allow me to illustrate.

The number of police posts in Kibra has increased, and with it, police presence. But has criminal activity been significantly reduced? No. Why? Because crime has rewards that ensure the interests of many, myself included, are met. Reduction of criminal activity will leave for example, many families destitute. Children will find schooling harder, men and women will fight. Stress.

So, you go easy on the law, because deep within you feel it's oppressive. From my observation, when there's corruption people seem to be happier.

Corruption is the people's ally. This makes me realize that what really matters isn't how steadfastly we hold to the law, but how we overcome the law.
harrydre
#34 Posted : Wednesday, March 04, 2015 7:41:31 PM

worst thing is Nyamweya will not care whether safcom withdraws sponsorship or not, he will not even attempt to improve things.

What action can the various teams take?
i.am.back!!!!