wazua Wed, Jun 26, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages«<234
Raila suspends Ruto, Ongeri
adept
#61 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 1:12:58 PM

I think there is little disagreement on the need for Ministers implicated in corrupt dealings to step aside.

In my layman's opinion, the controversy appears to be:
- Due Process - How should a minister be suspended?
- Authority - By whom should a minister be suspended?
- Definitions - Is there a difference between a suspension and a sack? How do you classify an indefinite suspension?
- Consistency - Which scandals should require suspension and which ones should not? There seem to be a number scandals that have escaped the limelight.

If these 4 aspects are not conclusively addressed and adhered to, then it is difficult not to read politics in any action.

On a related note, might it have been best for the PWC report, KACA report and Auditor General report to have been made public? Or are they already? I am not a lawyer so not sure if there are legal implications. Right now, Raila says Ruto is implicated. Ruto says he is exonerated. Who to believe?
B.Timer
#62 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 1:50:27 PM

@Jaina

Agreed.
Cheers
Dunia ni msongamano..
yekeyeke
#63 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 2:17:45 PM

Can ODM pls be serious here. There is nothing like the PM of the republic of Kenya. What the national accord created was the PM of the govenment of Kenya. The two are very different and idinct and their powers also. What Raila is is only a senior minister and thats it. Pls read the national accord and you will see this.

Jangwa la Jangili
#64 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 2:25:35 PM

As a good Wazua citizen and in line with Wazua's stated policy, i would like to bring it to the attention of Wazua Admin that this thread has now exceeded the mandatory limit of 60 posts and is threatening to become 'too much to read'.
Katika Jangwa la Jangili ndipo Pwagu hupata Pwaguzi.
Radiance
#65 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 2:29:24 PM

I was with arap mibey on this one...untill he ran to obama sorry i mean for kofi anan coat-tails...
And that Bbc laundry wash was githongo-esque! Watch out the guy may just get a position on the oxford faculty LOL
Jaina
#66 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 2:31:52 PM

Now ODM wants Kofi Annan back. To come and resolve the crises together with AU.

The more the circus continues, the more i tend to agree with Mutahi Ngunyi. This Annan Guy shouldnt have been called in in the first place. Somehow the post election madness could have been resolved without this useless Accord.

Will they be calling, AU everytime they disagree?

CHINDWE!!. We need prayers
Intelligentsia
#67 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 2:33:09 PM

Njung'e
#68 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 2:45:18 PM

ODM wants Annan and AU here??....Hmmmm...!!!I highly doubt.....RAO may have goodwill of Kenyans but on the political front,he has too many enemies including within his party.I won't be surprised if "the enemies within" called a press conference to tell him off....That's Kenya for you and me!
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
ko'ouma
#69 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 3:17:19 PM

issues of protocal more so in place headed by a hands off leader like the Kenyan president is retrogressive backward and has got alot of hinderance to the wheel of developement so Raila to me was just fine when he jumped the protocol after all the govt is nusu bin nusu ongeri bin ruto fair. otherwise we are headed to limbo
radio
#70 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 3:24:39 PM

came across an interesting article

http://www.joinmarthakar...-he-should-not-go-alone

Zakumi
#71 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 3:49:43 PM

He he! I cant help it but just marvel at how guys have been cracking their heads trying to analyse the recent political events.....i guess its the right fodder we needed to chew on after January Blues.

Meanwhile im on a treasure hunt for the author of our political soap opera,i need money and this guy could just make me quickly realize my dream of becoming a multi-millionare.I guess he is just on the sidelines greening from temple to temple as people try to guess the next set of events.
The Strong Do What They Want,The Weak Do What They Must!