47 Pages«<2728293031>»
Matatu Business
Robinhood
#561 Posted : Wednesday, February 11, 2015 6:21:46 PM

kaka2za wrote:
Robinhood wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Robinhood wrote:
Guys - has anyone given their bus to KBS or Citihoppa? How do these work? Do they take off the hustles of police, Kanjo Etc and can I hope to remain in my 8-5pm job without having to chase the crew all over the city?

I don't know about Hoppa but KBS take care of nearly all issues.

Thanks Kaka Z. Does the daily takings change? Remember KBS has access to the town centre but you also pay them a fee to manage the vehicle. Anyone with figures?

Yes, daily earnings vary. Management fee is 10% of gross.
I would advise you to get info at their View Park towers office

Sawa and many thanks.

I will pop into their offices for a chat
Great men are not always wise, neither do the aged understand judgement...
Rankaz13
#562 Posted : Wednesday, February 11, 2015 8:13:41 PM

kaka2za wrote:
Robinhood wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Robinhood wrote:
Guys - has anyone given their bus to KBS or Citihoppa? How do these work? Do they take off the hustles of police, Kanjo Etc and can I hope to remain in my 8-5pm job without having to chase the crew all over the city?

Thanks Kaka Z. Does the daily takings change? Remember KBS has access to the town centre but you also pay them a fee to manage the vehicle. Anyone with figures?

Their website talks of management fee of 12% for new franchisees.
Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.
Rankaz13
#563 Posted : Wednesday, February 11, 2015 8:16:18 PM

Quick question: where can I buy brake pads in bulk at affordable prices? Specifically, Ram-G and/or SC brake pads. Any contacts?
Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.
jerry
#564 Posted : Thursday, February 12, 2015 12:27:12 AM

Matatu au matata? http://www.businessdaily...54/-/v60lrs/-/index.html
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it's conformity.
mawinder
#565 Posted : Thursday, February 12, 2015 7:38:20 AM

Rankaz13 wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Robinhood wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Robinhood wrote:

Seems a good deal to me as the management takes care of almost everything and from what I hear receipts are issued compulsorily to passengers so the higher the revenue, the more KBS benefits and thus higher revenues any wazuan with a bus there????
Robinhood
#566 Posted : Thursday, February 12, 2015 9:14:34 AM

mawinder wrote:
Rankaz13 wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Robinhood wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Robinhood wrote:

Seems a good deal to me as the management takes care of almost everything and from what I hear receipts are issued compulsorily to passengers so the higher the revenue, the more KBS benefits and thus higher revenues any wazuan with a bus there????

I will pop into KBS sometimes for a Q&A and will update the forum
mawinder
#567 Posted : Thursday, February 12, 2015 11:50:06 AM

Robinhood wrote:
mawinder wrote:
Rankaz13 wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Robinhood wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Robinhood wrote:

Waiting eagerly!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Robinhood
#568 Posted : Thursday, February 12, 2015 2:40:27 PM

mawinder wrote:
Robinhood wrote:
mawinder wrote:
Rankaz13 wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Robinhood wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Robinhood wrote:

People, KBS are a bit worrying. Yes they will take care of all legal issues for which you contribute KShs 100 per day. Problem is that they will also take more than 50% of all income in various charges. If you have 33 seater (most popular I think) you will collect on average gross of KShs 12,500 but will remain with KShs 5K after all deductions. This is a bit thin especially considering that a 33 seater will set you back KShs 5M

Other SACCOs may at least guarantee KShs 8k-10K daily which may be more feasible but the issue will be the headaches tied to police and overall management. Still thinking about my options here!
Rankaz13
#569 Posted : Saturday, February 14, 2015 12:56:11 PM

Kayole matatus’ sacco demands Sh18m from Kamau

Quote:
He claims that the suspension and revocations set new conditions that affect the applicants’ business without any prior consultations and that the State agencies had failed to involve them in any comprehensive evaluation of the performance of their speed limiters.
matatuman
#570 Posted : Sunday, February 15, 2015 12:24:06 PM

Rankaz13 wrote:
Kayole matatus’ sacco demands Sh18m from Kamau

Quote:
He claims that the suspension and revocations set new conditions that affect the applicants’ business without any prior consultations and that the State agencies had failed to involve them in any comprehensive evaluation of the performance of their speed limiters.

These guyz are still in stone age. Someone should tell them to comply first. NTSA will test a couple of their cars at random then demand the entire fleet.
subaru
#571 Posted : Sunday, February 15, 2015 4:55:23 PM

Robinhood wrote:
mawinder wrote:
Robinhood wrote:
mawinder wrote:
Rankaz13 wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Robinhood wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Robinhood wrote:

People, KBS are a bit worrying. Yes they will take care of all legal issues for which you contribute KShs 100 per day. Problem is that they will also take more than 50% of all income in various charges. If you have 33 seater (most popular I think) you will collect on average gross of KShs 12,500 but will remain with KShs 5K after all deductions. This is a bit thin especially considering that a 33 seater will set you back KShs 5M

Other SACCOs may at least guarantee KShs 8k-10K daily which may be more feasible but the issue will be the headaches tied to police and overall management. Still thinking about my options here!

5k is lower for a 33 seater its better one hires a manager and pay them well
kaka2za
#572 Posted : Sunday, February 15, 2015 5:47:37 PM

subaru wrote:
Robinhood wrote:
mawinder wrote:
Robinhood wrote:
mawinder wrote:
Rankaz13 wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Robinhood wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Robinhood wrote:

Try that and you may not even get 5K .
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
Rankaz13
#573 Posted : Sunday, February 15, 2015 9:28:08 PM

kaka2za wrote:
subaru wrote:
Robinhood wrote:
mawinder wrote:
Robinhood wrote:
mawinder wrote:
Rankaz13 wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Robinhood wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Robinhood wrote:

Hiring a manager may or may not assist much, depending on how many units you have for instance. You could perhaps 'pool together' wih some of your friends ain operation and hire a common mnager for your units, so long as the manager is not over-stretched.

One of my current drivers previously worked for starbus on Westlands-Kangemi route in Nbi. He has shared with me some horror stories of some of their managers that eventually caused him to quit. The straw that finally broke the camel's back was the fact that the manager would often demand a 'cut' from each of the drivers, over and above the dily income targets set by the owner, yet the manager was on the owner's payroll.
subaru
#574 Posted : Monday, February 16, 2015 5:14:23 PM

Rankaz13 wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
subaru wrote:
Robinhood wrote:
mawinder wrote:
Robinhood wrote:
mawinder wrote:
Rankaz13 wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Robinhood wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Robinhood wrote:

Hiring a manager may or may not assist much, depending on how many units you have for instance. You could perhaps 'pool together' wih some of your friends ain operation and hire a common mnager for your units, so long as the manager is not over-stretched.

One of my current drivers previously worked for starbus on Westlands-Kangemi route in Nbi. He has shared with me some horror stories of some of their managers that eventually caused him to quit. The straw that finally broke the camel's back was the fact that the manager would often demand a 'cut' from each of the drivers, over and above the dily income targets set by the owner, yet the manager was on the owner's payroll.

good info rankaz tried to bring a friend we join hands bt wasnt for the idea may a wazuan may help me run one i will pay a commision
Prime
#575 Posted : Tuesday, February 17, 2015 6:46:51 PM

Hi Guys. I have a pal who is seroiusly searching for a diesel 7L in good shape and fair price. Compliant and on the road. Incase any one has an idea of one somewhere kindly get in touch with me on this forum.
Rankaz13
#576 Posted : Saturday, February 28, 2015 12:51:20 AM

Ban on three speed governor firms lifted after compliance
zedjohn
#577 Posted : Wednesday, March 11, 2015 11:56:15 PM

Very informative forum, thanks for this. is this management issue an opportunity in the passanger transportation/matatu industry? It surely looks like it.
It's really hard being everything to everybody, you actually end up being nothing to nobody!
jerry
#578 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2015 10:52:22 AM

zedjohn wrote:
Very informative forum, thanks for this. is this management issue an opportunity in the passanger transportation/matatu industry? It surely looks like it.

You could be right. I have employed a manager at 10k per month and I have seen some positive changes.
jerry
#579 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2015 10:54:49 AM

Prime wrote:
Hi Guys. I have a pal who is seroiusly searching for a diesel 7L in good shape and fair price. Compliant and on the road. Incase any one has an idea of one somewhere kindly get in touch with me on this forum.

I would have proposed giving away my KBY at 2M were it not for what I have said in post #578.
Prime
#580 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2015 9:59:03 PM

jerry wrote:
Prime wrote:

I would have proposed giving away my KBY at 2M were it not for what I have said in post #578.

Its ok Jerry. He finally got one leo. An ex-funeral van but in pretty good shape.

Out of curiosity, whats your manager doing differently to warrant your current joy?

ion im looking for a 3L/5L in good shape.