wazua Wed, May 15, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

on-line product marketing-money making or hobbies
kint mint
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 08, 2009 8:46:00 AM

Was wondering,if the much popular on-line product marketing like mama mike et al..really work,do they make money? how?..is it a lucrative business to enter (with the fibre craze).
moshthepitt
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 09, 2009 7:46:00 AM

How do they make money? They sell stuff - you can buy airtime for your gacugwa in Kenya while uko Statoe...etc

I think they make reasonable profits - they are almost a monopoly,aren't they?

www.likechapaa.com
kint mint
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 09, 2009 8:18:00 AM

@mosh my question per se wasn't restricted to mama mike,how about the many that have come up recently.
Further,lets say I started with a website that showcases a variety of products from various suppliers,manufacturers etc,Is this plan viable,I mean,ARE LOCAL suppliers willing (read ready) to part with a small percentage of the sales made through of the website? OR,is it a no go venture in kenya.

Question: Is it easy to convince LOCAL suppliers/ manufacturers to use online advertising/marketing to sell their products?

De la Rue SniPer chasing that paper..
moshthepitt
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 09, 2009 1:07:00 PM

Sorry,hadn't got you question right.

Personally,I think it is quite a challenge to convince most suppliers/manufactuers to sell online. But what is you accept online orders and then complete the deal offline? This works for some guy I know (but he's into hotel booking etc)

I don't know if I'm addressing your question though. I'd say its possible to buy and sell online in Kenya but it's difficult because it is new and you'll spend time and resources to educate people(which I think is key). Also,I think you'll need to package your offer creatively as us Kenyans are generally used to the idea of money as being something you deal with 'offline' :P

www.likechapaa.com
Moneywise
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 13, 2010 7:52:39 AM

in case you need more internet business ideas check out this blog Money Making Secrets
Stephen writes authoritative content on Top Online Marketing Strategies. His website is on Money Making Ideas and Free Website Traffic. Visit his informative and insightful website at Make Money Online Secrets and improve your Internet Business Experience.