wazua Sun, May 5, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
Forex Trading Is Real - Look at the attachements
muganda
#21 Posted : Saturday, February 06, 2010 5:26:22 AM

@kebaya, never traded forex but I've learnt something from your post. Ignore the nay-sayers; people can judge for themselves with time. Which images are removed, I still see everything...

@mozenrat, you've reminded me to keep saying NO but that comes so easily even without thinking. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
kebaya
#22 Posted : Saturday, February 06, 2010 7:03:55 AM

thanks for your encouragement. On monday i will post pics on how to trade Coffee Futures , Gold and Down Jones..hope someone will benefit.
Grabbing the bull by the horns till am the last trader standing
Much Know
#23 Posted : Saturday, February 06, 2010 12:21:52 PM

The hi-tech mkora has run away? ati USD2500 in a minute sijui USD 280,000 from USD 300 in a week, these crooks? By the way when you ask them questions they forward them to their kingpin who writes a reply then they "customize" it and post it, don't believe this thing
A New Kenya
kebaya
#24 Posted : Saturday, February 06, 2010 2:26:29 PM

its a month and not a week. thanks for your criticism.
Scubidu
#25 Posted : Sunday, February 07, 2010 3:37:16 PM

Kebaya. Nice posts. I wish you could use those indicators and your excellent software on Kenyan stocks...I tried it in the tech corner thread but have given up...

Nway I'm interested in the future so apart from the trading side of things, are you able to make predictions on currency movements? It would be nice to know what to look out for and would be interesting to read your views. Keep up the good posts.
“We are the middle children of history man, no purpose or place. We have no great war, no great depression. Our great war is a spiritual war, our great depression is our lives!" – Tyler Durden
kebaya
#26 Posted : Monday, February 08, 2010 6:35:04 AM

@Scubidu it will be tough doing it for kenyan stocks but am thinking about it...

we will need the following ...its called OHLC - Opening High Low and Closing Prices..at every TF.

I think we can make this from the ATS. But we need access to the ATS to do all this real time.

For now i suggest..using Moving Averages as a means of knowing the trend of NSE stocks.

I could work on an excel sheet that could show the Stochastics and MACD.

Bottom line..this would need lots of excel work
kizee
#27 Posted : Monday, February 08, 2010 7:39:15 AM

vvs had a url where u cud stream nse stock charts ...vyb him nicely
drake
#28 Posted : Monday, February 08, 2010 6:30:30 PM

Welcome to the forum.

Most people are unaware of this but THE John Maynard Keynes was also a trader (and arguably the first hedge-fund manager ever). He traded forex and had a leverage ratio of ~ 1:10. He, of course, lost all his money once on a USD/DDM trade that initially seemed profitable and was fundamentally sound ..... he had to borrow to get back in the game.

G-Soros of the Sterling pound fame also lost some money on some forex bet during the Asian crisis, it went largely unnoticed because Quantam still closed positive in that year.

Hell, even Jim Simons Medallion lost some money 07/08

With all due respect; it would seem that some of the greatest traders (Keynes, Soros, Simmons) of all time have lost some money trading forex at one point or other but not so you smile

Long story short, forex markets are volatile and with leverage amplifying either side of the '&' in P&L, ....Richard your returns as posted here seem too good to be true and reek of "survivorship" bias.

They say that all you need to have is more (bigger) positives than negatives...as absurd as this sounds, show us some losses and the more skeptical around us may very well start to believe you.

Also, at leverage of 1:200/500 is it possible that your trading strategy is creating a Negatively skewed return distribution... I wonder, what risk management tools are you using? How much of your own capital?

Finally, I think I have an idea on how you can silence us naysayers (true, you don't have to prove anything but can a real trader resist the challenge to "stick it to someone" every now and then)...

Have you a Twitter account? If not, open one. How about you let us follow you on Twitter as you TWEET YOUR TRADES LIVE ...

we have access to these platforms and will be able to follow price movements. We can also appoint independent referees/volunteers from amongst ourselves and in 2 weeks time, you will have earned our respect and apologies.

Do you accept my challenge?... and thanks.

P.S Looking forward to the commodity thread

kebaya
#29 Posted : Monday, February 08, 2010 7:07:35 PM

Drake am speechless.In a good way smile

I am opening a twitter account right now.

www.twitter.com/kenyantrader

Anybody can login and check my trades

Login : 1454813

Password : r5xwitn

You can download the trading platform here

https://www.myfx.pro/dwn/fxpro4setup.exe

thanks

Kebaya
drake
#30 Posted : Monday, February 08, 2010 9:53:11 PM

Jay-Z...interesting choice personally, I'd have gone with this guy

http://www.businessinsid...smal-performance-2009-5

It's all good though.

It's 5:53 AM (Kenyan Time)& I'm going to bed. Your NZDUSD is up 12 pips AUDUSD is up 8... I suppose it's still too early to call & you're expecting further upside?

Also, please do include time-stamps with your tweets. Thanks