Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

121 Pages«<5455565758>»
Housing Finance: HFCK a diamond in the rough
Aguytrying
#1101 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2015 5:18:09 PM

mlennyma wrote:
Othelo wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
How has this thing traded a low of more than 10%??I have not come across any announcement?

Rights issue .... to qualify for rights ended yesterday!

thanks, so it will trade at around 40's , or it may slip further??

I calculated the value of the rights issue, I was disappointed.

before rights issue -
EPS- 4.31
pe at 46.00- 10.67

after rights issue -
EPS- 2.82
pe at 30.00- 10.67.

this means due to the dilution the rights issue is such that at 30.00 shilling per share. the share will be trading at the equivalent of 46.00 per share before rights issue.
I doubt the share will touch 30.00 after or during rights, whatever price it is above this is due to value mismatch in investors minds created by rights issue, but not a real price value mismatch . I think at least 36.00 should print, just a guess
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
obiero
#1102 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2015 8:46:23 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Othelo wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
How has this thing traded a low of more than 10%??I have not come across any announcement?

before rights issue -
EPS- 4.31
pe at 46.00- 10.67

after rights issue -
EPS- 2.82
pe at 30.00- 10.67.

this means due to the dilution the rights issue is such that at 30.00 shilling per share. the share will be trading at the equivalent of 46.00 per share before rights issue.
I doubt the share will touch 30.00 after or during rights, whatever price it is above this is due to value mismatch in investors minds created by rights issue, but not a real price value mismatch . I think at least 36.00 should print, just a guess

Thanks for the good analysis. Those who bought at 55 are learners.. L plate

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 23,800 ABP 6.45
murchr
#1103 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2015 9:33:25 PM

obiero wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Othelo wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

before rights issue -
EPS- 4.31
pe at 46.00- 10.67

after rights issue -
EPS- 2.82
pe at 30.00- 10.67.

If they would have bought today or tomorrow, then they wouldn't have been able to participate in the rights. Ama?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
obiero
#1104 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2015 10:08:35 PM

murchr wrote:
obiero wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Othelo wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

before rights issue -
EPS- 4.31
pe at 46.00- 10.67

after rights issue -
EPS- 2.82
pe at 30.00- 10.67.

If they would have bought today or tomorrow, then they wouldn't have been able to participate in the rights. Ama?

Are you a victim?? They should have bought jana!

murchr
#1105 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2015 10:16:01 PM

obiero wrote:
murchr wrote:
obiero wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Othelo wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

before rights issue -
EPS- 4.31
pe at 46.00- 10.67

after rights issue -
EPS- 2.82
pe at 30.00- 10.67.

My avg is 19.60, I climbed this bus when you were the driver. Didn't alight when you chickened out
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
obiero
#1106 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2015 11:07:22 PM

murchr wrote:
obiero wrote:
murchr wrote:
obiero wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Othelo wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

before rights issue -
EPS- 4.31
pe at 46.00- 10.67

after rights issue -
EPS- 2.82
pe at 30.00- 10.67.

My avg is 19.60, I climbed this bus when you were the driver. Didn't alight when you chickened out

Chickened out, booked gains.. Potato, potato :)

whiteowl
#1107 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2015 4:02:07 AM

mlennyma wrote:

Welcome to the NSE smile
sparkly
#1108 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2015 4:55:06 AM

murchr wrote:
obiero wrote:
murchr wrote:
obiero wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Othelo wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

before rights issue -
EPS- 4.31
pe at 46.00- 10.67

after rights issue -
EPS- 2.82
pe at 30.00- 10.67.

Low blow hahaha
Life is short. Live passionately.
obiero
#1109 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2015 6:34:57 AM

sparkly wrote:
murchr wrote:
obiero wrote:
murchr wrote:
obiero wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Othelo wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

before rights issue -
EPS- 4.31
pe at 46.00- 10.67

after rights issue -
EPS- 2.82
pe at 30.00- 10.67.

Low blow hahaha

Tumezoea matusi ya huyo mtoto mtundu. I make him board the bus kindly and now he defecates inside the vehicle..

murchr
#1110 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2015 6:49:50 AM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
murchr wrote:
obiero wrote:
murchr wrote:
obiero wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Othelo wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

before rights issue -
EPS- 4.31
pe at 46.00- 10.67

after rights issue -
EPS- 2.82
pe at 30.00- 10.67.

Low blow hahaha

Tumezoea matusi ya huyo mtoto mtundu. I make him board the bus kindly and now he defecates inside the vehicle..

Funny how you've never left this page since disembarking at 24/- :) :) Enjoy the day, i hope you have plans of boarding. It must be terrible watching from the sidelines.

kryptonite
#1111 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2015 8:08:54 AM

murchr wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
murchr wrote:
obiero wrote:
murchr wrote:
obiero wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Othelo wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

before rights issue -
EPS- 4.31
pe at 46.00- 10.67

after rights issue -
EPS- 2.82
pe at 30.00- 10.67.

Low blow hahaha

Funny how you've never left this page since disembarking at 24/- :) :) Enjoy the day, i hope you have plans of boarding. It must be terrible watching from the sidelines.

Haha! Never a dull moment in Wazua.

I was a passenger from 15.20-25.50 range, alighted fully last week at 48.50 and 52.00

Will watch rights issue from the stage.

The harder you work, the luckier you get
Aguytrying
#1112 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2015 11:44:30 AM

I'm dissapointed by these rights, i was really looking forward to them. If you ask me its like Britam are acquiring a few more shares in HFCK at the same price they bought the ones from equity (while HFCK raises capitla)

Surely even 1 for every 4 wouldve been acceptable. Sad
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
Mart_Consult
#1113 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2015 1:44:54 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
I'm dissapointed by these rights, i was really looking forward to them. If you ask me its like Britam are acquiring a few more shares in HFCK at the same price they bought the ones from equity (while HFCK raises capitla)

Better or worse yet (you decide)... Britam acquires any untaken rights by way of private transfer (equity)...
I went into the (Ferry) industry knowing the same thing I knew with all other businesses I went into- Nothing. Then I built it from there. - Sheldon Adelson (Titans at the Table- Giants of Macau)
instinct
#1114 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2015 2:07:02 PM

patience my friend
mkonomtupu
#1115 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2015 2:23:10 PM

Aguytrying wrote:

Keeping this one on my watch list. it's better to raise the rights at this time the market is beginning to feel lethargic
MaichBlack
#1116 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2015 2:50:30 PM

Aguytrying wrote:

Forgive me but I don't understand the cause of your disappointment. Pricing - too high; too low? Number of rights/shares - too high, too low?

Clarify tafadhali.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
jerry
#1117 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2015 2:57:23 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:

Forgive me but I don't understand the cause of your disappointment. Pricing - too high; too low? Number of rights/shares - too high, too low?

Clarify tafadhali.

Pricing too low to the benefit of Britam? Needs clarity.
It's either BUY, HOLD or SELL.
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it's conformity.
MaichBlack
#1118 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2015 3:40:35 PM

jerry wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:

Clarify tafadhali.

Pricing too low to the benefit of Britam? Needs clarity.
It's either BUY, HOLD or SELL.

Too late for sell and hold unless there is someone willing to buy your allocated rights at a premium. And if they do, it should be at > 15/= (which you will NOT get!) otherwise you could have simply sold you shares at 45/= - 55/=.

In conclusion, too late to sell or hold. Period.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
Aguytrying
#1119 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2015 4:00:26 PM

@maichblack. my dissappionted is highlighted in post #1101. The rights are priced too high. on the surface it looks like a >15 shilling discount but in truth due to the dilution there really is no discount. rights at 30.00 is equivalent to buying the share at 46 before rights.
MaichBlack
#1120 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2015 5:12:46 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
@maichblack. my dissappionted is highlighted in post #1101. The rights are priced too high. on the surface it looks like a >15 shilling discount but in truth due to the dilution there really is no discount. rights at 30.00 is equivalent to buying the share at 46 before rights.

I beg to differ.

Don't forget the company will now have an extra Kshs. 3.5 Billion at hand. So you are basically buying the company at the "same price" only that it now has 3.5 Billion extra at hand. This money is meant to support the company's strategy so the EPS should be higher because of the rights issue money than the recalculated EPS you have in post #1101.

Of course it all depends on how they deploy the funds but in theory at least the EPS should be much better. And it is all theory in any case because even assuming the EPS remains "constant" is based on assumption that performance remains constant.

In summary, I am saying your calculation ignores the extra 3.5 Billion the company will have at hand and which it doesn't have now. Even if that money was to be deposited in an account (Or money market, bonds etc.) earning 10% p.a., that's a cool 350 million in extra earnings - that translates to Kshs. 1/= extra per (diluted) share!!! And that is using the least creative approach.