wazua Thu, Apr 25, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
5 MILLION
young farmer
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 25, 2014 7:59:00 AM

My best friend was fired recently from his job. He has saving of 5 million KES, i advice him to try matatu business but he is little scared. I need your help wazuan with any business idea which is less risk. Thank you
jerry
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 25, 2014 1:35:09 PM

If he is not a driver I would advise on something else other than Matatu biz. Maybe a semi-trailer which is less risky. He can even serve as a manager or turn-boy! It's also advisable to do what you are passionate about.
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it's conformity.
Kalameni
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 25, 2014 2:48:17 PM

buy a nice plot and proceed to construct rentals.
Boris Boyka
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 25, 2014 8:48:58 PM

young farmer wrote:
My best friend was fired recently from his job. He has saving of 5 million KES, i advice him to try matatu business but he is little scared. I need your help wazuan with any business idea which is less risk. Thank you

Ni mtu wa coop? just by the way. Where is he/she based or wants to be based? because that could determine kind of business. Matatu needs a lot of monitering...search for matatu thread. A plot@ 1 M, 2 units of 2 b/r, rem kama 1 M aweke kwa stocks.
Everybody STEALS, a THIEF is one who's CAUGHT stealing something of LITTLE VALUE. !!!
digitek1
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 25, 2014 9:01:54 PM

pole @young farmerLaughing out loudly welcome to juakalismile
I may be wrong..but then I could be right
young farmer
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 25, 2014 10:58:28 PM

jerry wrote:
If he is not a driver I would advise on something else other than Matatu biz. Maybe a semi-trailer which is less risky. He can even serve as a manager or turn-boy! It's also advisable to do what you are passionate about.

Good advice, about semi-trailer how do you go about getting contract/loads and to recoup your money back. Thank you
young farmer
#7 Posted : Thursday, December 25, 2014 11:05:42 PM

digitek1 wrote:
pole @young farmerLaughing out loudly welcome to juakalismile

Juakali that is where money is..Applause Applause
young farmer
#8 Posted : Friday, December 26, 2014 12:54:43 AM

Boris Boyka wrote:
young farmer wrote:

Ni mtu wa coop? just by the way. Where is he/she based or wants to be based? because that could determine kind of business. Matatu needs a lot of monitering...search for matatu thread. A plot@ 1 M, 2 units of 2 b/r, rem kama 1 M aweke kwa stocks.

Based in Nairobi, no coop where do you get plot for 1M in nairobi??
bubethi
#9 Posted : Friday, December 26, 2014 7:35:58 AM

young farmer wrote:
jerry wrote:

Good advice, about semi-trailer how do you go about getting contract/loads and to recoup your money back. Thank you

Semi-trailer is not a business for a start-up. I'd rather he starts with a small truck and build his way up to the semi-trailer business.

Margins ni kidogo, far spread and it takes time to build trust with customers.
oops
#10 Posted : Friday, December 26, 2014 6:18:44 PM

I have heard of banks financing flats construction when one owns a good plot and 3M cash. anyone with details of this?
Bachuma Gate
#11 Posted : Saturday, December 27, 2014 6:13:38 PM

young farmer with 1.5M i can link yu up to an 1/8 commercial plot at nazarene. yu could do car wash, pub or small shops to let etc .
DOH
kyt
#12 Posted : Sunday, December 28, 2014 3:09:37 PM

oops wrote:
I have heard of banks financing flats construction when one owns a good plot and 3M cash. anyone with details of this?

its called construction mortgage, and it's not limited to 3M, it can even be upto 10M; BOA has that facility at 17%, KCB it's 15%
LOVE WHAT YOU DO, DO WHAT YOU LOVE.
S.Mutaga III
#13 Posted : Sunday, December 28, 2014 8:47:35 PM

Invest in rental property in a small town away from Nairobi or those areas where an 1/8th goes for 500k and are still populated. Build rental property with the remaining 3.2 million. The remaining one million hold 600k cash and 400k start a business after deep research. He will be surprised at how rewarding entrepreneurship is. The real estate will guarantee him something in his account every month regardless of the business environment.
A successful man is not he who gets the best, it is he who makes the best from what he gets.
kiash
#14 Posted : Tuesday, January 06, 2015 12:53:47 PM

He/she can start by buying and selling plots like Sonko did and in ten years or so can have your own Hummers in MBS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL8ZvfuR02A
ayushnehra
#15 Posted : Sunday, January 25, 2015 12:43:19 AM

tell him niko na 5.. a lete hio 5..tuweke sisal..kazi ya export i anze..!!

we shall Print Money..http://www.howwemadeitinafrica.com/sisal-production-akin-to-printing-money-suggests-metl-group-boss/44168/

Actually even 4+4=8 tutaweza..http://www.nation.co.ke/business/seedsofgold/Sisal-Exports-Reuben-Okang-a-Oba-Kunta-African-Exports/-/2301238/2363998/-/bfe3dmz/-/index.html

Dreams are not the thing you see in your sleep..it's the thing that doesn't let you sleep. - A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
Ceinz
#16 Posted : Sunday, January 25, 2015 9:41:53 AM

S.Mutaga III wrote:
Invest in rental property in a small town away from Nairobi or those areas where an 1/8th goes for 500k and are still populated. Build rental property with the remaining 3.2 million. The remaining one million hold 600k cash and 400k start a business after deep research. He will be surprised at how rewarding entrepreneurship is. The real estate will guarantee him something in his account every month regardless of the business environment.

Good advice, that will not leave you in tears.
“small step for man”
premio
#17 Posted : Sunday, January 25, 2015 9:47:43 PM

well hes lucky hes got some good cash. My advise first if he has a plot ajenge a 1m2bedroom house he stops paying rent. Let him cut costs kabisa if he has a car he either sells or iwe taxi or he moves to a 10k house for now. restruants are really doing well let him pay brokers to get him a good location. i have no experience but i know small cafes making 30k daily in town poach staff from established hotels not akina hilton but place ya food and tea and he must work there to cut costs.Car imports is another profitable business that he can do for not and make 300k every 2months with only 3m i can show him but with consultation fees been doing it for 4years am employed but i can afford to qui t now only that u need to know how to market and choose fast moving models. The advantage of car imports is that you can quit very quickly by just selling the stocks you have when u get another option. My advise to guys try get business exposure while u still have your job
UpcomingPaperChaser
#18 Posted : Monday, January 26, 2015 10:53:55 AM

As someone mentioned earlier pertaining to a restaurant, its true that they make really good cash. A good market is Zimmerman area whereby there is a huge population but no decent restaurant where u can eat comfortably with your family over dinner or lunch. Hoteli zote ni chwom!! Whoever will launch a nice and presentable middle-high end restaurant within the area will make super normal profits!! Sudanese population growing and they feel offended buying lunch for 100 in these chwon resturants while they can comfortably pay 500!!!
Enjoy every moment of your life, you never know when your time will come.
UpcomingPaperChaser
#19 Posted : Monday, January 26, 2015 10:57:36 AM

premio wrote:
well hes lucky hes got some good cash. My advise first if he has a plot ajenge a 1m2bedroom house he stops paying rent. Let him cut costs kabisa if he has a car he either sells or iwe taxi or he moves to a 10k house for now. restruants are really doing well let him pay brokers to get him a good location. i have no experience but i know small cafes making 30k daily in town poach staff from established hotels not akina hilton but place ya food and tea and he must work there to cut costs.Car imports is another profitable business that he can do for not and make 300k every 2months with only 3m i can show him but with consultation fees been doing it for 4years am employed but i can afford to qui t now only that u need to know how to market and choose fast moving models. The advantage of car imports is that you can quit very quickly by just selling the stocks you have when u get another option. My advise to guys try get business exposure while u still have your job

@Premio, what is the least amount of capital required to start car importation business? can u risk and import 1 car and hope that u are able to sell it then proceed slowly?

I know a relative who sells cars, and is really doing well, he at times sells upto 8-10 cars per month na ni zile gari za uzito za 2 miliion, Noah, Mini buses and the likes!!! i know the guy must be stinking rich, though ni miser sana!!
Enjoy every moment of your life, you never know when your time will come.
kryptonite
#20 Posted : Monday, January 26, 2015 12:56:07 PM

UpcomingPaperChaser wrote:
premio wrote:

@Premio, what is the least amount of capital required to start car importation business? can u risk and import 1 car and hope that u are able to sell it then proceed slowly?

I know a relative who sells cars, and is really doing well, he at times sells upto 8-10 cars per month na ni zile gari za uzito za 2 miliion, Noah, Mini buses and the likes!!! i know the guy must be stinking rich, though ni miser sana!!

@Premio, also interested in knowing the minimum capital one needs to start off in the vehicle importing business.

Your advise is highly appreciated.
The harder you work, the luckier you get