wazua Tue, Sep 24, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

whatsup message data
westkate
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 18, 2015 3:20:35 PM

hi wazuas ,
i have been very active on what sup and i have realized my smart phone is slowing down. someone advised me to backup all my messages on what sup and Facebook and store them safely on my pc or external drive in case i need to check some nice photos and information. but how how do i get on transferring my whats up messages from my android phone to the pc . ITApplause gurus advice. i have tried mr google and all in vain.
thanks
murchr
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 18, 2015 4:29:07 PM

memcard
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Swenani
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 18, 2015 4:29:15 PM

westkate wrote:
hi wazuas ,
i have been very active on what sup and i have realized my smart phone is slowing down. someone advised me to backup all my messages on what sup and Facebook and store them safely on my pc or external drive in case i need to check some nice photos and information. but how how do i get on transferring my whats up messages from my android phone to the pc . ITApplause gurus advice. i have tried mr google and all in vain.
thanks

I always sync my photo's with Google plus and save them later on Dropbox or just connect you phone to a pc using a data cable and transfer whatever you want from phone to Pc
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
westkate
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 18, 2015 5:39:30 PM

i have tried to save the database in my laptop but all programs can not read the files. are you guys using a special program to save and open the document.
nakujua
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 18, 2015 6:01:47 PM

westkate wrote:
i have tried to save the database in my laptop but all programs can not read the files. are you guys using a special program to save and open the document.

you can view the images since the format used is common and any decent image viewing app on the pc can open it.
lakini when it comes to the text messages, they are stored in what is seemly an encrypted format .db.crypt8 - though the encryption used does not seem complex and the fact that there are several posts online on how to decrypt that, but even after doing that you would still need a pc app to display the messages in a whatsup like format.
sumuni
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 18, 2015 8:46:54 PM

westkate wrote:
hi wazuas ,
thanks

Connect your Android phone to a laptop/PC using an USB cable. Once your phone storage is recognised by the comp, navigate to the folder titled 'WhatsApp' on your phone storage. There Inis stored all that you've sent and received till then. Copy that folder onto your computer storage and there is your backup. Hope this helps.
It is a curious fact that of all the illusions that beset mankind, none is quite as curious as that tendency to suppose that we are mentally and morally superior to those who differ from us in opinion.
westkate
#7 Posted : Sunday, January 18, 2015 9:42:31 PM

HI SUMUNI ,
yest it works with photos and videos but the messages files says it empty meaning all the messages were not copied. and this is the nightmare.
any more sugestions.
tycho
#8 Posted : Sunday, January 18, 2015 10:31:54 PM

Swenani
#9 Posted : Monday, January 19, 2015 8:59:55 AM

westkate wrote:
HI SUMUNI ,
yest it works with photos and videos but the messages files says it empty meaning all the messages were not copied. and this is the nightmare.
any more sugestions.

But why do you want to back up whatsapp messages when we are always deleting them after reading and sending?
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
grolut
#10 Posted : Monday, January 19, 2015 10:18:29 AM

westkate wrote:

You will need to use a program that can read the database file...you can use this one http://andreas-mausch.github.io/whatsapp-viewer/
In a place where thought is abandoned, freedom can become a curse.
Mariacha
#11 Posted : Monday, January 19, 2015 11:05:56 AM

I dont know about android phones but with Windows, theres an option of emailing the chat history, its sent as a .txt document and can access it with word, wordpad or textpad.
the warmer the blankets, the colder the future
grolut
#12 Posted : Monday, January 19, 2015 2:03:19 PM

Mariacha wrote:
I dont know about android phones but with Windows, theres an option of emailing the chat history, its sent as a .txt document and can access it with word, wordpad or textpad.

This is also on Android, an even better option if you only want a backup of the messages in text and not to transfer to another phone.
In a place where thought is abandoned, freedom can become a curse.
westkate
#13 Posted : Wednesday, January 21, 2015 1:56:30 PM

THIS THING IS STILL NOT WORKING ANY LAST FEW SUGGESTION AND EASY ONES.
westkate
#14 Posted : Thursday, January 22, 2015 7:40:19 PM

westkate wrote:
THIS THING IS STILL NOT WORKING ANY LAST FEW SUGGESTION AND EASY ONES.

westkate
#15 Posted : Thursday, January 22, 2015 7:44:19 PM

westkate wrote:
hi wazuas ,
thanks

radio
#16 Posted : Thursday, January 22, 2015 7:59:36 PM

Boss Google is your friend. Use it.

But in the meantime, you have several options at your disposal:
1. Send the chat to your email. it will be in text format
2. Save the folder to your computer
3. Backup the chat and decrypt as advised above.

Why do you need old chats? Like @swewani, delete them Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
nakujua
#17 Posted : Thursday, January 22, 2015 8:10:23 PM

whatsup wako na web app sasa, you can try it out and see if it will sort out your issues - though I doubt.
http://blog.whatsapp.com/
The optimist
#18 Posted : Thursday, January 22, 2015 9:24:18 PM

nakujua wrote:
whatsup wako na web app sasa, you can try it out and see if it will sort out your issues - though I doubt.

The web interface is actually
http://web.whatsapp.com/
nakujua
#19 Posted : Thursday, January 22, 2015 9:46:42 PM

The optimist wrote:
nakujua wrote:

The web interface is actually
http://web.whatsapp.com/

Just posted the blog site for the extra info, shida the thing only runs on on chrome -trying to open it on other browsers might disappoint some.