wazua Sat, May 4, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Home decour
Njunge
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 02, 2009 8:05:00 AM

Someone out there who knows the best home decour shop in Kampala,Nairobi,Nakuru or Kisumu??..............A name,address,contacts or website will do pliz.

Guka wa bijuti...
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
Iganamagana
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 02, 2009 12:19:00 PM

The best thing would be to get an expert who will help shop for what you want from several stores (or do the shopping yourself if you have time). I doubt whether there is a one-stop shop for this in Nairobi. Nimetembea industrial area,Biashara street,Upmarket areas na hakuna.

IGANA.
Njunge
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 02, 2009 12:33:00 PM

@Igana,

Not neccessarily everything.I can narrow down to door fittings(Locks,latches,stops,knockers,hinges,closers,handles etc),bath and vanity (tumbler holders,towel,Paper,glass holders),kitchen (Hood and counters) and possibly tiles and lightings....

Guka wa bijuti...
Iganamagana
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 02, 2009 1:22:00 PM

Try PG Bison (Industrial area) for Kitchen fixtures,muffer hinges,and Wardrobe fixtures,Tile and Carpet (Mombasa Road)for Bathroom fixtures and Diopex (Pangani next to Marine Petrol Station on Thika road) for doors,kitchen granite counter tops,Front and Backdoors,ceilings(gypsum boards) na kadhalika.

You pay a visit to these places and tell me what you see. If you need the contact numbers for Bison and Diopex,let me know...I can get them over the weekend.

IGANA.
Iganamagana
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 02, 2009 1:27:00 PM

Hot Point in Sarit centre for Kitchen Hood/Vent (both electric and non-electric. Gikomba (the area around Mt Kenya Hardware and Equity Bank) for all your mahogany timber requirements ie Curtain rods (or Curtain boxes if you insist on using them...I had an arguement with my Fundis over this...old fashioned guys..or is it conservative?),door flames and inside doors.

IGANA.
Njunge
#6 Posted : Friday, April 03, 2009 5:23:00 AM

@Igana,

Thanks a bunch......I certainly have a starting point....Curtain boxes,door frames and panel doors i got from out here.Quite cheap and you get the best hardwood.Am thinking i do wall claddings and ceiling with the same.........Will update you once i visit the said places.Thanks once more.

Guka wa bijuti...
Chaka
#7 Posted : Friday, April 03, 2009 6:28:00 AM

@njung'e

Where is 'out here'?
Njunge
#8 Posted : Friday, April 03, 2009 6:41:00 AM

@Chaka,

Kenya 'B'........When travelling to Nairobi,we say........Sisi inaenda Kenya..!!

Guka wa bijuti...