wazua Mon, Jun 24, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

of insuarance and agents
digitek1
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 03, 2010 12:21:53 PM

Hi guys I have several insuarance policies through a certain agent. Recently weve had a major falling out.
The thing is i dont want the agent to continue enjoying the commissions which are romoured to be like 40%!!
Is it possible to change agents and keep the policy in place
I may be wrong..but then I could be right
Euge
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 03, 2010 1:04:40 PM

Digitek1, yes its possible to change the agent while renewing the contract for general insurance. For life insurance(long term) it depends on how long you have had it. If you have had it for more than one year, the agent is no longer earning commission.
Lord, thank you!
anasazi
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 03, 2010 1:04:56 PM

I believe you should be able to do this. There is someone you can talk to at the insurer who can do the necessary. Though I think the agent may still get the commissions. Who would be your new agent? Do you know someone in there that you want to transfer to?
Form is temporary, class is permanent
mukiha
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 04, 2010 4:29:40 AM

digitek1 wrote:
.....The thing is i dont want the agent to continue enjoying the commissions which are romoured to be like 40%!!
Is it possible to change agents and keep the policy in place

That is strange. What the cause of your disagreement, will denying him the commission reduce your premium or benefit you in any way?

Even if you move to another agent, you will still pay the same premium. It will be up to the new agent to figure out how to get the commissions from the insurance company.
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.