wazua Thu, Apr 25, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
iTAX tax filing and payment
sparkly
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 08, 2014 12:23:51 PM

Taxpayers are supposed to file all returns and make payments through iTAX wef 1 June 2014.

iTAX-link-KRAportal

Anyone having challenges with the system, feel free to contact me.
Life is short. Live passionately.
mkonomtupu
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 14, 2014 10:15:09 AM

@sparkly i'm having issues I can't finish my registration on I-Tax for one my business names. How do i enter the business name number? It only seems to recognize companies
masukuma
#3 Posted : Monday, May 19, 2014 4:57:06 PM

this helps - thanks
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
hmmm
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2014 12:26:32 PM

I keep getting this error when I try register "You have not registered in any of Income Tax Resident, Income Tax Non Resident or Turnover Tax which is mandatory in system. Please consult respective KRA station for correction of your data."
Ngogoyo
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 23, 2014 11:33:23 AM

hmmm wrote:
I keep getting this error when I try register "You have not registered in any of Income Tax Resident, Income Tax Non Resident or Turnover Tax which is mandatory in system. Please consult respective KRA station for correction of your data."

For you to file your returns, they need to activate a tax obligation. For most tax payers, this hasnt been activated and you have to visit them for them to verify if the tax obligation you want to register for is suits you or is the correct one
(some cyber guys had registered individuals for tax obligations they will never use..a cleaner PIN with VAT obligation.
sparkly
#6 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 7:29:19 AM

hmmm wrote:

Your PIN could have been deactivated if you have not been filing returns for a long time. Ask KRA to reactivate. if need help email sparkly99@ovi.com
sparkly
#7 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 7:32:34 AM

hmmm wrote:

@hm apologies just saw your post. Were you able to complete your registration.
sizzla
#8 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 8:34:09 AM

hmmm wrote:

Fastest way to sort this error is to visit the KRA Offices at Railways Club next to Uhuru Park and ask for Income Tax obligation to be added to your PIN.
mawinder
#9 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 3:00:37 PM

I am trying to register for a PIN for my son but the system is rejecting the date of birth.Anyone knows how to go about this???????
sizzla
#10 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 5:07:07 PM

mawinder wrote:
I am trying to register for a PIN for my son but the system is rejecting the date of birth.Anyone knows how to go about this???????

Same solution, go to KRA iTax office at Railways and they will confirm the correct DoB from the NRB (National Registration Bureau).

P/S If the DoB provided is wrong it can be easily corrected.
freiks
#11 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 6:55:31 PM

sizzla wrote:
mawinder wrote:

Same solution, go to KRA iTax office at Railways and they will confirm the correct DoB from the NRB (National Registration Bureau).

P/S If the DoB provided is wrong it can be easily corrected.

Also before going there try 01/07/year of birth
Life is an endless adventure
onthe1
#12 Posted : Thursday, October 30, 2014 4:18:36 PM

Ngogoyo wrote:
hmmm wrote:

For you to file your returns, they need to activate a tax obligation. For most tax payers, this hasnt been activated and you have to visit them for them to verify if the tax obligation you want to register for is suits you or is the correct one
(some cyber guys had registered individuals for tax obligations they will never use..a cleaner PIN with VAT obligation.

Nyagoyo Help....Does this mean that if you skipped afew months once you contact them to get registered into the new system it will start afresh? If you have not even bought a VAT machine?
Mpenzi
#13 Posted : Thursday, October 30, 2014 4:47:42 PM

sparkly wrote:
Taxpayers are supposed to file all returns and make payments through iTAX wef 1 June 2014.

iTAX-link-KRAportal

@Sparkly or any one else with info:

A new company wishes to register for tax. All its directors are foreigners based abroad and do not have PINs and do not intend to work in Kenya (hence have no work permits or Alien cards which they would have for them to obtain a PIN).

For a company to register on iTax it must provide PINs of its directors. Is there a workaround this issue where all the directors are foreigners, do not work here and there do not have PINs?

Is it possible for director who is a foreigner to obtain a PIN without having to provide a work permit and alien card?
sparkly
#14 Posted : Saturday, November 01, 2014 8:24:37 AM

Mpenzi wrote:
sparkly wrote:

iTAX-link-KRAportal

@Sparkly or any one else with info:

A new company wishes to register for tax. All its directors are foreigners based abroad and do not have PINs and do not intend to work in Kenya (hence have no work permits or Alien cards which they would have for them to obtain a PIN).

For a company to register on iTax it must provide PINs of its directors. Is there a workaround this issue where all the directors are foreigners, do not work here and there do not have PINs?

Is it possible for director who is a foreigner to obtain a PIN without having to provide a work permit and alien card?

The foreign directors can authorise a local employee or agent to use their PINs. System is not intelligent enough to know who "real" directors are.
sparkly
#15 Posted : Saturday, November 01, 2014 8:30:25 AM

onthe1 wrote:
Ngogoyo wrote:
hmmm wrote:

Nyagoyo Help....Does this mean that if you skipped afew months once you contact them to get registered into the new system it will start afresh? If you have not even bought a VAT machine?

In some instances the system does a fresh registration and forgets your prior registration for VAT but charges 20k for late registration. You can pay the 20k and keep quiet if you were not compliant or request for a waiver if you were.
tinker
#16 Posted : Wednesday, November 05, 2014 6:16:44 PM

I visited Railway club iTax station cuz I needed my old PIN to be compliant, those guys (God knows if they realy understand the iTax system they are supposed to support)just took me thru the system in a hurry promising me that it will work just fine, I was told that it will work if I fill in my details. I dutifully went back to my diggs, tried and re-tried to complete the iTax registration only to get stuck at E_Agent details....can a generous Wazuan advise how I can get this E_Agent details/PIN etc...and if I must go to a Cyber, please help me understand how I can become an E_agent too.
....He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion..
sparkly
#17 Posted : Wednesday, November 05, 2014 8:55:36 PM

tinker wrote:
I visited Railway club iTax station cuz I needed my old PIN to be compliant, those guys (God knows if they realy understand the iTax system they are supposed to support)just took me thru the system in a hurry promising me that it will work just fine, I was told that it will work if I fill in my details. I dutifully went back to my diggs, tried and re-tried to complete the iTax registration only to get stuck at E_Agent details....can a generous Wazuan advise how I can get this E_Agent details/PIN etc...and if I must go to a Cyber, please help me understand how I can become an E_agent too.

Choose tax payer, ignore agent.
wilyum
#18 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2014 10:45:55 AM

anyone who can help with tax filing for a small consultancy firm at a fee. send an email to wilyumv at gmail
Stract_Consulting
#19 Posted : Tuesday, November 18, 2014 7:00:34 PM

wilyum wrote:
anyone who can help with tax filing for a small consultancy firm at a fee. send an email to wilyumv at gmail

Wilyum,

Hi sending a quote in few.

Kind regards,

Be ignorant and ask a few questions - Peter Drucker
sl8r
#20 Posted : Thursday, November 20, 2014 11:41:13 AM

@sparky please show me how to file zero returns for a limited company before this 10K penalty bites me in the backside. Step by step, Ive never done it before. Everything else is confirmed to be okay. I have a coprorate tax obligation.