wazua Sat, Apr 27, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

6 Pages«<3456>
Of poor and lazy Agikuyu's kitchen skills
aemathenge
#81 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2014 1:48:43 PM

Tumbukiza. The new delicacy in my world. You are not invited.

Jump-steady
#82 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2014 2:17:37 PM

The word lazy should not apply here when talking about mukimo. I thought the shear amount of work put in to prepare this dish is enormous. Mukimo served with roasted goat ribs is for me something to die for. Then wash it down with a few cold white caps Drool Drool Drool
Wainadi
#83 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2014 3:15:43 PM

Jump-steady wrote:
The word lazy should not apply here when talking about mukimo. I thought the shear amount of work put in to prepare this dish is enormous. Mukimo served with roasted goat ribs is for me something to die for. Then wash it down with a few cold white caps Drool Drool Drool

I second that but replace white cap with pilsner.
Its all good.
TAZ
#84 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2014 3:42:38 PM

aemathenge wrote:
Tumbukiza. The new delicacy in my world. You are not invited.

What people don't get ni ati tumbukiza ni chakula ya walevi especially when you are nursing a hang over....
Impunity
#85 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2014 3:50:48 PM

Atalaku wrote:
Impunity wrote:
kysse wrote:
yaawn

You never sleep!

Have good sex and you will sleep like a baby... inbox me... magigistock at gmail dot com

I am not gay like you and @Musaimo.

Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Swenani
#86 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2014 4:53:45 PM

Atalaku wrote:
Impunity wrote:
kysse wrote:
yaawn

You never sleep!

Have good sex and you will sleep like a baby... inbox me... magigistock at gmail dot com

@magigi, she is already have good sex courtesy of my one inch dick!
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Atalaku
#87 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2014 5:17:29 PM

Impunity wrote:
Atalaku wrote:
Impunity wrote:
kysse wrote:
yaawn

You never sleep!

I am not gay like you and @Musaimo.

Aiiiii... not you @impunity. I am talking to my desr @kysse...
kysse
#88 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2014 6:42:32 PM

Atalaku wrote:
Impunity wrote:

I am not gay like you and @Musaimo

Aiii... not you @impunityii. I am talking to ...

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly lool!
mawinder
#89 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2014 8:48:45 PM

Impunity wrote:
alma wrote:
For fear of recriminations I will not talk about the mix of rice,meat, potatoes, spinach, carrots (yes carrots), ndoma and cabbages served usually every day except bad chapati days. It usually looks like you have one big ugali in your plate.

Woe unto you if you get served last and you have to taste that dark mix of the burnt sufuria.

hiding.Anxious

Dont even try to mix kikuyu-woman and chapati in one sentence, or even a whole paragraph!

I know a kikuyu wife who COOKED (yes she cooked chapos instead of preparing them) and the results were thick and burnt things that tasted and looked much like dried cow dung!
You know what, she threw out all the chapos before the huzzy came back from job, now the house was still smelling chapoz when the huzzy arrived...the huzzy asked where are the chapos...its a loooong story but it was ended with a landing; for the night!
Sad

@Impunity, pole.You should talk to @Mcreggae to take you to some of his weekend excursions to get a proper wife who can cook chapatis not these wives who just know how to cook cabbages and the cabbages have messed them, face the lake, you will never regret!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Impunity
#90 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2014 1:06:04 AM

mawinder wrote:
Impunity wrote:
alma wrote:
For fear of recriminations I will not talk about the mix of rice,meat, potatoes, spinach, carrots (yes carrots), ndoma and cabbages served usually every day except bad chapati days. It usually looks like you have one big ugali in your plate.

Woe unto you if you get served last and you have to taste that dark mix of the burnt sufuria.

hiding.Anxious

Dont even try to mix kikuyu-woman and chapati in one sentence, or even a whole paragraph!

I know a kikuyu wife who COOKED (yes she cooked chapos instead of preparing them) and the results were thick and burnt things that tasted and looked much like dried cow dung!
You know what, she threw out all the chapos before the huzzy came back from job, now the house was still smelling chapoz when the huzzy arrived...the huzzy asked where are the chapos...its a loooong story but it was ended with a landing; for the night!
Sad

@Impunity, pole.You should talk to @Mcreggae to take you to some of his weekend excursions to get a proper wife who can cook chapatis not these wives who just know how to cook cabbages and the cabbages have messed them, face the lake, you will never regret!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But the maji part of the cabbage sio mbaya saaaaaana.

smile

Impunity
#91 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2014 1:09:10 AM

kysse wrote:
Atalaku wrote:
Impunity wrote:

I am not gay like you and @Musaimo

Aiii... not you @impunityii. I am talking to my lover @kysse...

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly lool!

So u are already willing to dish it for @magigi?
Kwani uko easy aje?
NKT.

kysse
#92 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2014 1:53:55 AM

Speak to the hand
kiash
#93 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2014 6:16:43 PM

This is a small issue , the guy who wrote the article does not know that most Kikuyus have survived on Mukimo. Its a balanced diet and since the Kikuyus are not that lucky to be near a lake , they had to use beans ama njahi a source of protein. I do not know who started cooking Ugali first coz they had to have maize, some used cassava flour and others used millet and others used maize.As for me i do not think the way you cook changes the taste its the ingredients that change the taste. Personally i have eaten Ugali cooked by a luo chick and the only difference i saw from the one i cook is she had to wet the Mwiko to shape the top basta. The writer and most wazuans are comparing yester years ugali and mukimo but this has changed different ingredients and get a different meal.
jaggernaut
#94 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2014 8:34:24 PM

kiash wrote:
This is a small issue , the guy who wrote the article does not know that most Kikuyus have survived on Mukimo. Its a balanced diet and since the Kikuyus are not that lucky to be near a lake , they had to use beans ama njahi a source of protein. I do not know who started cooking Ugali first coz they had to have maize, some used cassava flour and others used millet and others used maize.As for me i do not think the way you cook changes the taste its the ingredients that change the taste. Personally i have eaten Ugali cooked by a luo chick and the only difference i saw from the one i cook is she had to wet the Mwiko to shape the top basta. The writer and most wazuans are comparing yester years ugali and mukimo but this has changed different ingredients and get a different meal.

How is the food where you are at bwana kiash? I think you mentioned that you left the US and you are somewhere in Europe. Might you be in the UK where the epitome of their cooking is the Sunday roast which comprises mashed potato, some roast meat, Yorkshire pudding, some veges and gravy? And a pint of ale to wash it down on a sunday afternoon. Makes me miss my days in England.
kysse
#95 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2014 9:59:38 PM

@ Gorogoro Economy..please come here>>

ftp://ftp.fao.org/es/esn/nutrition/ncp/ken.pdf
1.Anthropometry of preschool children
2.Anthropometry of adult women
3. Prevalence of sub-clinical and clinical vitamin A deficiency
4. Prevalence of clinical and sub-clinical vitamin A deficiency in mothers during their last
pregnancy and during lactation.
5. Prevalence of anemia in preschool children
6. Prevalence of anemia in women of childbearing age
7. Prevalence of anemia in adult men

The region whose foods we dislike, ndio wako na afya sambamba.smile
Start eating healthy and nutritious foods like boiled/steamed Mukimo,Njahis,Potatoes,cabbages,carrots,etc and you will leave longer,stay strong and bodies such us WHO and others will pack and leave.Your kids will not suffer madeficiencies like macoins and kwashiorkors.
fyi,Ugali is not food,it's just an sos rescue.

jaggernaut
#96 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2014 10:19:31 PM

Scientifically mokimo is a balanced diet, a full meal even without any accompaniments. Carbs (potato and maize), proteins (beans or peas), vitamins (the green leafy veg stuff etc). Can't compare that with ugali which is just carbohydrates, a nutritionally poor rudimental meal. Mukimo should be the most advanced meal in black Afrika.
Boris Boyka
#97 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2014 10:28:17 PM

jaggernaut wrote:
Scientifically mokimo is a balanced diet, a full meal even without any accompaniments. Carbs (potato and maize), proteins (beans or peas), vitamins (the green leafy veg stuff etc). Can't compare that with ugali which is just carbohydrates, a nutritionally poor rudimental meal. Mukimo should be the most advanced meal in black Afrika.

You and @kysee have now missed the point! all those foods you've mentioned are eaten all over Kenya but "THE POOR KITCHEN/ COOKING SKILLS " what when where how is the problem. FYI ugali has accompaniment (veges /meat/milk/beans )though I noticed in campo ukuyus wanaipika kuuubwa na ya breakfasts
Everybody STEALS, a THIEF is one who's CAUGHT stealing something of LITTLE VALUE. !!!
jaggernaut
#98 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2014 10:59:21 PM

Boris Boyka wrote:
jaggernaut wrote:

You and @kysee have now missed the point! all those foods you've mentioned are eaten all over Kenya but "THE POOR KITCHEN/ COOKING SKILLS " what when where how is the problem. FYI ugali has accompaniment (veges /meat/milk/beans )though I noticed in campo ukuyus wanaipika kuuubwa na ya breakfasts

The blogger mentioned the 'it' and 'how' ie the composition and process , and even gave examples of mukimo and timbukiza. In my honest opinion timbukiza wins hands down since it's good for your heart and health. Healthwise, boiling always wins over frying and roasting.
kysse
#99 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2014 11:14:25 PM

We are just sensational and too general.Guy is a blogger rem,and traffic is important.

Not all luos can make a tasty fish dish- There is one who offered me what tasted like fish marinated in chloroquin,I hated fish for a long time.

Not all coastarians can make finger licking biriani.

Some luhyas ugali making skills can give one dye a rye.

Same case with kyuks.
C'mmon we/I know the real taste of mukimo if prepared by a good cook.
Luhyas too have their own Mushenye- mashed sweet potatoes and beans and last time I tasted, it was yummy.smile
No need rubbishing a meal because your gf or wife/hotel was /is a very poor cook. Rem. She's not the community's women's rep.

Boris Boyka
#100 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2014 5:04:48 AM

kysse wrote:
We are just sensational and too general.Guy is a blogger rem,and traffic is important.

Not all luos can make a tasty fish dish- There is one who offered me what tasted like fish marinated in chloroquin,I hated fish for a long time.

Not all coastarians can make finger licking biriani.

Some luhyas ugali making skills can give one dye a rye.

Same case with kyuks.
C'mmon we/I know the real taste of mukimo if prepared by a good cook.
Luhyas too have their own Mushenye- mashed sweet potatoes and beans and last time I tasted, it was yummy.smile
No need rubbishing a meal because your gf or wife/hotel was /is a very poor cook. Rem. She's not the community's women's rep.

Everybody STEALS, a THIEF is one who's CAUGHT stealing something of LITTLE VALUE. !!!